• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So will Steam's new region restrictions affect places like GMG a lot? What are the default regions for a game now?

Anyone played King's Bounty Armored Princess?

The idea of being an armored princess continues to be unabatedly appealing to me.

It's a fun, weird strategy/RPG game. If you've played something like Heroes of Might & Magic 5 you'll be right at home. Just note that KBAP has very little actual army management - you're just a lone hero with your army, rather than an entire empire. Also, you (along with presumably everyone else that beats it) will feel like a scrub after looking at the leaderboards.

Caution! If you want to buy King's Bounty: Armored Princess, buy King's Bounty: Crossworlds instead - it's the standalone expansion for KBAP, which improves and adds to the game while losing nothing. I'd avoid any other KB products... If only because they appear to be less robust versions of the same game. (Not that I've played anything other than Crossworlds.)

So now that my Evil Within is running at cinematic 6-22 FPS, I might just continue playing Silence Of The Sleep. Or maybe finish watching Alien 1.

Can you still buy Witcher 3 for cheap? I might bite so I have yet another game I can't play yet.

Dr Dogg

Thanks for doing the whole run down. Can't wait to go upvote these massive improvement tweaks on reddit!!

You know how it is. Some folks like to randomly smash number into SweetFX and say they improved their game. Sure they did. The Rift support found in the files was a sweet find but tweaking settings to higher thresholds isn't anything new or improving the game. The FOV bugs out for me and fish eyes at above 70 but that guide has 85 on on there.

I think that cheap Amazon UK price for Arkham Knight is more pertinent now. £26 on disc.

Ohhh score! I'll take that, I was umming and ahhing at £29. Cheers.

zkylon

zkylewd
i highly recommend abyss odyssey for anyone that's into weird chilean shit

worst case scenario there's a naked lady in it so you know there's somthing for everyone

Anyone played King's Bounty Armored Princess?

The idea of being an armored princess continues to be unabatedly appealing to me.
i love that series, those games are awesome. they're pretty challenging sort-of-heroes-of-might-and-magic turn based rpgs with lots of quests and fighting and exploring, it's fucking awesome

armored princess is actually the only one i've beaten but i'd say it's really not that great. haven't gotten around playing the newest ones but i found the legend to have way better humor while despite how awesome it is for main character to be named amelie, the writing is just not there

super awesome series tho, they're all super awesome games

now i really wish they actually did a less cashgrab sequel one day :I

Grief.exe

Are achievements for Evil Within bugged?
They are disabled if you activate the console for tweaking.

I'm not so sure that is the case. Even when launching the game without the console, or for those that never used the console commands, the game isn't showing up in their profile at all. It also isn't showing up in the Steam Stats page, which leads me to believe this is a bug rather than directly attributed to the console.

Also, using the config file to unlock the framerate doesn't yield achievements either, I just tested that.

mmmm, Borderlands 2 so good.

DocSeuss, don't pull my chain like that.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Well I was talking about Crytek the first time and Ubisoft the second so it fell into place nicely both times. Might have over done it though.

It's fine.

people werent kidding, that first chapter of The Evil Within is awful and its a terrible first impression. Chapter 2 already feels much better tho. Will stream more in a bit after real life stops getting in the way

From what I caught of the first chapter, the one sequence looked pretty frustrating. The second chapter looked way better though.

It's also really easy to see all of the different horror influences in the game. Getting some Jacob's Ladder vibes in particular.

Shadownet

Banned
Something tells me the savings weren't so great that you couldn't still afford at least one (maybe two if one is Korra) of those at full regional price or with a GMG discount.
I can afford to buy all 3 if I want to (I've been putting aside a fund for them) I just would hate to pay full price for them.

Goddammit.
Don't worry, apparently once you then off console and start the game again. All the achievements should pop up.

Please help me, Dead Rising 3 runs fine in gameplay at max settings but surprisingly the cutscenes lag and and are choppy, I reduced teh quality of the game from max to lowest (720p) but the cutscnes still stutter. Is there a fix for that please?
I don't want to reduce the quality of the graphics though.

Please help me, Dead Rising 3 runs fine in gameplay at max settings but surprisingly the cutscenes lag and and are choppy, I reduced teh quality of the game from max to lowest (720p) but the cutscnes still stutter. Is there a fix for that please?
I don't want to reduce the quality of the graphics though.
Subsurface Scattering is mostly the blame for cutscene fps tanking. Might wanna turn that off and see how it does.
I can afford to buy all 3 if I want to (I've been putting aside a fund for them) I just would hate to pay full price for them.
Yeah, I'd rather not either, but I'm excited enough for them I don't mind.

Shadownet

Banned
So, I did the GMG poll to get XCOM, though when I compile the form for the game it tells me: https://goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com/error-incorrect-credentials

I've checked my account info like thrice, I'm sure I'm using the right e-mail, username and password. Any clues about what's happening? Do I have to wait a while after sending my votes to enter for the game?
It will take up to 24 hours until you get your code my friend.

Edit: never mind I misunderstood your question. I'm sorry.

Also the first chapter of TEW is pretty weak but seeing its the beginning. Its not that bad since they wanna ease you into it.

agniswarm

Banned
So, I did the GMG poll to get XCOM, though when I compile the form for the game it tells me: https://goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com/error-incorrect-credentials

I've checked my account info like thrice, I'm sure I'm using the right e-mail, username and password. Any clues about what's happening? Do I have to wait a while after sending my votes to enter for the game?

The poll must be done with the same email id as your gmg/playfire account...check that first...if its ok then try again
https://goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com/

DocSeuss

DocSeuss, don't pull my chain like that.

Actually, that's a typo. Sorry. Really tired over here. Just woke up a few minutes ago. Meant Pre-Sequel. Had a ton of fun last night. Way more than TEW.

TEW only starts to get good in Chapter 3, and even then it's annoying. There's just nothing to be scared of here.

Shadownet

Banned
it took me 2 - 3 minutes to get the game..
I know so did I. But when I claimed the game. It told me keys will be send out within 24 hours. That's what it said on the website in fine print. I just wanted to let people know. Some might get it later. I'm assuming they're sending it out in batches.

Actually, that's a typo. Sorry. Really tired over here. Just woke up a few minutes ago. Meant Pre-Sequel. Had a ton of fun last night. Way more than TEW.

TEW only starts to get good in Chapter 3, and even then it's annoying. There's just nothing to be scared of here.

I thought you didn't like loot/stats based stuff? Weren't you disappointed in Bungie cause of Destiny?

agniswarm

Banned
I know so did I. But when I claimed the game. It told me keys will be send out within 24 hours. That's what it said on the website in fine print. I just wanted to let people know. Some might get it later. I'm assuming they're sending it out in batches.

Dont think so..they are going on giving without thinking much or else there wouldn't have been so many giveaways in steamgifts.com

Terra_Ex

yes ... acrtag flag is being applied by default now ... so if the dev/publisher doesn't specifically disable it (or rather "enable") - the game is region-locked
Looks like I'll be returning to my old system of waiting for 66-75% off minimum before purchasing anything from Steam then, a thoroughly shitty move on their part. I can wait it out though pubs/devs, I've got a backlog on my side. Still waiting for SMT4 due to region locking bs as well, so it's really great to see Steam embracing it :(

Axass

It will take up to 24 hours until you get your code my friend.

It's not about the code, it says my credentials are wrong.
They aren't though.

The poll must be done with the same email id as your gmg/playfire account...check that first...if its ok then try again
https://goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com/

I checked the username and email and I just reset my password to be sure, but no dice. I don't understand what's happening.

Should I create another account and vote again? Is that possible?

agniswarm

Banned

if you create another account then you wont have the same email as that of GMG so that wont work out...if you vote again then you will need to create a new GMG account (in incognito) and attach it to a new steam account and then only you will receive it

Shadownet

Banned
Dont think so..they are going on giving without thinking much or else there wouldn't have been so many giveaways in steamgifts.com

EU has been out for a while now. I'm sure most people who want the game already bought it. I have it and I sat through 10 mins of voting just to raffle this away later.

redlacs

It's not about the code, it says my credentials are wrong.
They aren't though.

I checked the username and email and I just reset my password to be sure, but no dice. I don't understand what's happening.

sorry, i would say dont bother. they were out of keys 1 hour ago and no word about another batch of keys or anything

kiyomi

i highly recommend abyss odyssey for anyone that's into weird chilean shit

worst case scenario there's a naked lady in it so you know there's somthing for everyone

i love that series, those games are awesome. they're pretty challenging sort-of-heroes-of-might-and-magic turn based rpgs with lots of quests and fighting and exploring, it's fucking awesome

armored princess is actually the only one i've beaten but i'd say it's really not that great. haven't gotten around playing the newest ones but i found the legend to have way better humor while despite how awesome it is for main character to be named amelie, the writing is just not there

super awesome series tho, they're all super awesome games

Thanks for the thoughts. Also nobody plays League that's why.

agniswarm

Banned
EU has been out for a while now. I'm sure most people who want the game already bought it. I have it and I sat through 10 mins of voting just to raffle this away later.

nope...checked out the ones who were giving out they are all giving out 4 - 5 xcom now that isnt possible by your theory..

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It looks like Turkish Lira is confirmed to be going live next week (Oct 21) most likely during the Tuesday maintenance window.

chronomac

Enjoy some extras from the latest bundle. They're actually all good games:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Hexagon -- MB-92D482424CAC96C9 - Taken by billmcdougal. 2 entrants total.
Osmos -- MB-860D989E51386C32 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Dustforce -- MB-AAA4DA059F9D68CB - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 3 entrants total.

t1413314051z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom