• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to stop reading threads about PCs entirely. I will never understand the mentality of "Can't max this game so I'll buy the 30fps medium settings console version instead". I'm going to pull my hair out if I see it again. :(
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, on-topic. With all these Sid Meiers games just getting added to Steam. When do we get SimGolf?! The real questions being asked right now.

Ozium

I was going to put off finishing Alien tomorrow but kept thinking about it and decided to finish it... ending is a little short but everything leading up to it is absolute boffo... PC GOTY for sure (console GOTY Bayo 2 obviously)

Total time 25 hours on Hard difficulty, got 82% of cheevos (41/50)

will take a break for a week and re-watch Alien before doing the two DLC missions, might check out survival mode too...
will probably play on easy some time later to finish up the achievements.. alien isolation deserves 100% love and affection

derExperte

Yesterday I questioned why I own a PS4.

But today....

....today is Peggle 2 day.

So fuck all that, purchase redeemed. And fuck me because I'll be buying it again as soon as it hits PC.

Jawmuncher

I was going to put off finishing Alien tomorrow but kept thinking about it and decided to finish it... ending is a little short but everything leading up to it is absolute boffo... PC GOTY for sure (console GOTY Bayo 2 obviously)

Total time 25 hours on Hard difficulty, got 82% of cheevos (41/50)

will take a break for a week and re-watch Alien before doing the two DLC missions, might check out survival mode too...
will probably play on easy some time later to finish up the achievements.. alien isolation deserves 100% love and affection

HOW.
All that time and you got only 1 more achievement then me.
I have 13.9 hours and I know that 1-2 of that was from accidentally leaving it on.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

But today....

So fuck all that, purchase redeemed. And fuck me because I'll be buying it again as soon as it hits PC.

You're going to buy two versions of the same game? Weirdo!

Ozium

HOW.
All that time and you got only 1 more achievement then me.
I have 13.9 hours and I know that 1-2 of that was from accidentally leaving it on.

those 100 data logs didn't collect themselves...

plus I would stop to read more even after getting the achievement... also I was trying to not kill anyone but then late in the game I used a stun rod on someone and the achievement for killing 10 ppl popped up so it must have saved times where i killed someone and restarted? or maybe I killed someone and died and it counted that?.. probably would have been faster if I just killed ppl.

edit: marco has played for 34 hours and hasn't even finished yet... HOW did you do it so fast?

Jawmuncher

It will be two hours long...

Per Chapter so similar to TWD.

those 100 data logs didn't collect themselves...

plus I would stop to read more even after getting the achievement... also I was trying to not kill anyone but then late in the game I used a stun rod on someone and the achievement for killing 10 ppl popped up so it must have saved times where i killed someone and restarted? or maybe I killed someone and died and it counted that?.. probably would have been faster if I just killed ppl.

So much for collecting all of them.
Give you props for doing it on hard mode.
I wouldn't have bothered unless I was on easy.

Just bought a new PC and the first message i'm getting is "insert boot media". Just to confirm, this means i have to insert a disc with an OS installed on it?

It means that BIOS went through all the boot media that it had listed (hard drive, CD, usb drive) and didn't find anything to boot from. This can be because:

- your hard drive didn't get windows (an OS) installed before you bought it.
- you have an usb drive connected and bios sees and thinks it has to fucking stop everything and boot from there.
or:
- disconnected/bad hardware

From what you said, I would wager the first option.

each episode was pretty short though since it was designed for handheld..

i would expect each episode to be the equivalent of 4 from the original

I prefer 12 short episodes instead of 4 long ones.

I liked the length of those episodes, it was ideal for me, I don't have that much time to play long sessions.

Jawmuncher

I liked the length of those episodes, it was ideal for me, I don't have that much time to play long sessions.

You have played both The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2.
You will have enough time for Revelations 2. Since that is the format they are going for.
The latest game informer states that each episode will be 2-3 hours in length.
Which is the same as those games.

$25? That sounds far too reasonable.

It's going to be pretty low-budget and short. It looks really more like Capcom experimenting with different formats and distribution methods.

You will have enough time for Revelations 2. Since that is the format they are going for.

That's a pretty good length, imo. Still at least 8h for $25. If it's better than Revelations, I won't complain. I hope this actually is somewhat of a success for them and they try the same with other franchises (like Dino Crisis for example ;) ).

You know what I played? I feel stalked :p
I love it

Ozium

Per Chapter so similar to TWD.

So much for collecting all of them.
Give you props for doing it on hard mode.
I wouldn't have bothered unless I was on easy.

you dont have to collect all for the achievement, there's like 120, maybe more.. only 100 for cheevo

I also left the game running for an hour or two while I ran to the store or made food or went to the toilet and got distracted by smash lol

I also had to spend like 25 min roundtrip to backtrack and get the emp mine blueprint since I never went in that room when I first was in that area :/

Arthea

But today....

much envy, loads of jelly, can't wait on my trusted PC.

edited out: back to work (><)

derExperte

You're going to buy two versions of the same game? Weirdo!

And none of them will give me a Steam +1. Feels strange. But also liberating.

Did P2 change the victory fanfare?

Different characters have different fanfares but the old one is still in afaik.

edited out: back to work (><)

And here I was already searching for a confused.GIF to post and make fun of you. :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
azvfTMk.png

That feel when no Call of Duty 3 port.

COD3 was pretty much the worst game in the series. It's the only one I haven't ever replayed.

Jawmuncher

It's going to be pretty low-budget and short. It looks really more like Capcom experimenting with different formats and distribution methods.

That's a pretty good length, imo. Still at least 8h for $25. If it's better than Revelations, I won't complain. I hope this actually is somewhat of a success for them and they try the same with other franchises (like Dino Crisis for example ;) ).

Yeah would be nice if they ended up using this model for other franchises.
Would be a nice way for them to test the waters.

You know what I played? I feel stalked :p
I love it

I stalk only those who are worthy.

AHA-Lambda

AHA! I have overcome my total inability to figure out how to build a pc (namely the wiring =/), going to buy the parts and just got a local pc repair place to agree to put it together for me ^_^

Jawmuncher

I remember playing COD3 on 360.
I was on the last level and died as the game ended.
Was perfect timing because I got the achievement for beating the game but still had to restart the section. Decided it wasn't worth the time since I got what I had came for.
Never knew how COD3 ended and still don't care.

derExperte

AHA! I have overcome my total inability to figure out how to build a pc (namely the wiring =/), going to buy the parts and just got a local pc repair place to agree to put it together for me ^_^

The phrase you're looking for isn't 'overcome', it's 'chickened out'. Disgusting!

The wiring is pretty easy to figure out just by looking to the first 10 pages of the mobo manual!

Milamber

That's like going to IKEA and going to the customer delivery desk to ship the furniture to your house and ticking the "extra service" box to also have them build it for you. For shame.

Copons

WHAAAAA

You should have followed my (pretty good and useful, I dare to say) FAQ/walkthrough/how to/guide, I guess about building the super coolest badassest PC ever.
Also full of writing errors and not updated to GTX 980s; useful and excellent nonetheless.

derExperte

How long does steam forbid you from trading or using marketplace after entering a new credit card?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/community_market/discussions/0/540744934336786360/

We've released a new feature to allow users to manually verify new credit cards. When using a new credit card to add wallet funds, access to the Community Market is restricted for a week. But now, if you go through the verification process, you can remove the restriction right away.

You can begin the verification process from the card verification page. When applicable, there is a link to this page on your account page and the main Community Market page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom