• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

I'm in the middle of the penultimate mission in Alien Isolation and having a blast so far... the game is long, I've put about 22 hours into it playing on Hard... Some parts are frustrating but I find if I quit and come back to the game later I often finish those parts ez peasy... lol..

even though the game is long I don't know what I would necessarily get rid of, everything is paced pretty well and when there's hair pulling sections it feels great to pass them, and the game generally has periods where you can relax a bit (but still have to be aware)

GOTY, easily
'tis true

Ozium

um all you people talking about "I'd buy a Wii U if there was a bundle"

there are several..

you can get a bundle of Wii U Deluxe system, Super Mario 3d World and Nintendoland for 300
There's also one with NSMB U and Luigi U

There will also probably be other bundles in the near future.. (Smash + an Amiibo or something)

oh wait you were just making excuses as to why you won't buy a Wii U and are shamelessly trying to escape Zeliard's wrath.. carry on ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

confuziz

Banned
um all you people talking about "I'd buy a Wii U if there was a bundle"

there are several..

you can get a bundle of Wii U Deluxe system, Super Mario 3d World and Nintendoland for 300
There's also one with NSMB U and Luigi U

There will also probably be other bundles in the near future.. (Smash + an Amiibo or something)

oh wait you were just making excuses as to why you won't buy a Wii U and are shamelessly trying to escape Zeliard's wrath.. carry on ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I think most of us are waiting until it hits a nice price. I have a feeling this thing will get discontinued quick (2 years max) so the price should go down quick.

sfried

If I could register my Wii U serial on Steam, I'd be all over it!

I feel Valve should release an HL compilation/Orange Box on the system first...

(Suddenly HL3 conspiracies abound.)

Steam with Miiverse? Could be interesting how it works out.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
In old good days refurbished Wii U demand was so high that Nintendo actually sent out new units for the price of $200.

I actually got a new one for $200 bucks when I was just going to pick up The Wonderful 101 for $30 to play whenever I got got my Wii U for Bayonetta 2. Weirdest impulse buy I've ever had since I wasn't considering it but I really wanted to play W101 right that moment.

What's the status of the Doom 3 BFG edition? Do the big mods work with it now? Haven't played it since release. Been saving it for when I get a 120+ monitor(good lord come in stock RoG Swift)

Can't play Divinity with a joystick (I feel like I said this once already).
hBsnUVe.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wouldn't the ps3 be really hard to emulate since it had to be programmed oddly for the Cell?

Pretty much, and it's a similar story for the X360, too, as the Xenon is also part of IBM's Power family. It's going to be donkey's years before we see the likes of Uncharted or later Gears titles emulated adequately on the PC.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Pretty much, and it's a similar story for the X360, too, as the Xenon is also part of IBM's Power family. It's going to be donkey's years before we see the likes of Uncharted or later Gears titles emulated adequately on the PC.

Well ones that don't utilize the cell properly will be playable soon at least. MGS4 for everyone! (It doesn't use the SPUs at all.)

Knurek

I wouldn't count of it.
The PS3 and xbox 360 still haven't got emulated after all these years

Wii U still uses the same CPU/GPU families as GCN and Wii did, just few times faster. Should slot nicely into Dolphins codebase (confirmed by the emulator authors).
Wii U disc encryption has also been cracked recently, so they can at least take a look at the game data.

Can someone tell me if Ryse anything worth buying?
Depends on what you want I suppose. Campaign takes about 7 hours to complete and doesn't have much replayability outside of the unlocklable Legendary mode. I enjoyed the game a lot more than most, it's a very simplistic brawler that switches up the locations enough to remain immensely enjoyable throughout its short length. Surprisingly decent story and shockingly good voice acting as well, although it does take a turn towards the supernatural that is take it or leave it. Motion capture for one of the villains is the best I've seen. Game becomes like a hazy fever dream after a certain point in the story which was pretty interesting. If nothing else the graphical perks of the game really make it a joy, it really is so far ahead of the curve compared to other games and I really hope Crytek makes a sequel freed from the development difficulties. Even aside from the technical aspects the art design in the game is brilliant, and should really silence a lot of people who say Crytek have terrible artists.

Coop multiplayer is pretty enjoyable if you enjoy the combat, the shifting arena is pretty cool.

Terrible steamscreenshots because it stopped saving uncompressed copies for some reason. Check the screenshot thread for good ones.

Deques

Depends on what you want I suppose. Campaign takes about 7 hours to complete and doesn't have much replayability outside of the unlocklable Legendary mode. I enjoyed the game a lot more than most, it's a very simplistic brawler that switches up the locations enough to remain immensely enjoyable throughout its short length. Surprisingly decent story and shockingly good voice acting as well, although it does take a turn towards the supernatural that is take it or leave it. Motion capture for one of the villains is the best I've seen. Game becomes like a hazy fever dream after a certain point in the story which was pretty interesting. If nothing else the graphical perks of the game really make it a joy, it really is so far ahead of the curve compared to other games and I really hope Crytek makes a sequel freed from the development difficulties. Even aside from the technical aspects the art design in the game is brilliant, and should really silence a lot of people who say Crytek have terrible artists.

Coop multiplayer is pretty enjoyable if you enjoy the combat, the shifting arena is pretty cool.

Terrible steamscreenshots because it stopped saving uncompressed copies for some reason. Check the screenshot thread for good ones.

How is the game compared to God of War? The gameplay seems to be similar and I really liked GoW games

How is the game compared to God of War? The gameplay seems to be similar and I really liked GoW games

It's not really anything like GoW. The combat is like a much slower paced Batman with context button prompt finishers. It's decent but the combat isn't strong enough to keep you interested throughout the whole game IMO.

It's very different, Ryse is a brawler most similar to the Arkham Batman games whereas God of War is much more fluid and technical in comparison. The combat is very simple, but I found it enjoyable for the short length.

Nabs

I beat Ryse in about 5 and a half hours. I spent about 2 of those hours watching cutscenes and pulling my hair. My hair is pretty short, so that was the most difficult part of the experience.

I'd recommend Ryse for around $10ish. It's a popcorn-flick type of game that you'll play for the graphics and interesting locations. The combat isn't as bad as people made it out to be, but it gets old real fast. I liked what I played, and hated what I couldn't skip.

Deques

I beat Ryse in about 5 and a half hours. I spent about 2 of those hours watching cutscenes and pulling my hair. My hair is pretty short, so that was the most difficult part of the experience.

I'd recommend Ryse for around $10ish. It's a popcorn-flick type of game that you'll play for the graphics and interesting locations. The combat isn't as bad as people made it out to be, but it gets old real fast. I liked what I played, and hated what I couldn't skip.

That's it, I guess I should wait for a sale then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom