• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Gee thanks guys :(

Zooey-Deschanel-Puts-On-a-Sad-Frown-In-New-Girl-Reaction-Gif.gif

Arthea

Gee thanks guys :(

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Zooey-Deschanel-Puts-On-a-Sad-Frown-In-New-Girl-Reaction-Gif.gif[/img[/QUOTE]

don't listen to them, being lazy and making others to do your work is very manly ;)

[SPOILER]that gif is adorable, though, never imagined I'll say something like this about Milamber's gif [/SPOILER]

Copons

I go to IKEA to buy stuff and end up just having lunch and getting a cool lamp.

Yeah, but you have to consider that even the simple action of eating IKEA stuff may reveal to be some dangerous stuff.
Like, in the IKEA where I live, a kid choked to death just eating an hot dog. And now there's like an ambulance and several medics garrisoned in that mall, because apparently people can't chew.

But you should pay the utmost attention also when you buy lamps, because their cords? They killed more people than ebola.

You put in a stock heatsink for your CPU, you monster, there is nothing manly about you.

Who am I, Uncle Scrooge swimming in cash?
also, non overclockable CPU... PCGAF said I was fine, I trust PCGAF, they're the best, not like you, always talking about Nintendo and stuff

JustinBB7

New page and since it's important (I'll make a separate thread later)....

Samsung 840 EVO bugfix is up.

Only for Windows, the rest will get tools at the end of October. I have no idea what's happening with the nonEVO which exhibits the same issue (not PRO, those aren't affected), looks like no fix yet.

Download the Samsung Performance Restoration here, unzip and run the .exe: http://www.samsung.com/global/busin...Samsung_SSD840EVO_Performance_Restoration.zip

No data will be lost but I'd still backup important stuff and read up on what will happen during the restoration: http://techreport.com/review/27212/samsung-840-evo-update-fixes-slow-reads-with-old-data http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Storag...-Tool-preview-Getting-EVOs-back-speed/Update-

Damn, didn't even know about this. Still seems kinda unsafe to run the fix though. Since they don't know if it will work for another month.. I might wait it out a bit. Seems like a scary process to do.

rtcn63

So, TEW looks more like a mix of
The Last of Us + Silent Hill (the more recent ones)
. What's up with all the RE4 killer comments in the OT?
The weapons only have a single make per, and the upgrade system is fairly bare bones. The game simply doesn't appear to be focused on shooting.

GAF hype can be so misleading, yes? Or will those who've finished it disagree?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
That's like going to IKEA and going to the customer delivery desk to ship the furniture to your house and ticking the "extra service" box to also have them build it for you. For shame.

Some people are older or are not comfortable around power tools. This wasn't a good analogy Milamber.

Milamber

Some people are older or are not comfortable around power tools. This wasn't a good analogy Milamber.

Okay, how about, when you go to one of those mall art kiosks and buy that paint by numbers canvas and paint it and display it in your home for everyone too see and tell everyone that you did it all by yourself .

Corpekata

Banned
The weapons only have a single make per, and the upgrade system is fairly bare bones. The game simply doesn't appear to be focused on shooting.

There's a lot of shooting. The only Silent Hill comparisons are in imagery, but the way the game handles them for the most part are along the lines of Resident Evil (or the Last of Us given some of the stealth stuff).

Knurek

Quick, SteamGAF, riddle me this.

Halo Master Chief Collection or Uncharted collection comes out on PC.
Locked to 720p, no graphical options.
Terribly optimized, struggling to hit 30fps on top of the line hardware.
Esc quits the game with no confirmation.

How much of a shitstorm we would have on our hands?

This game.

Power Tools? I've purchased a few things from IKEA and the only tools I've used are a screwdriver and a hammer. You can use a power drill if you're feeling crazy.

I don't think it's so much the tools, but the fact that you need a degree to get through some of the directions.

I haven't finished TEW and only played Silent Hill: Shattered Memories but the enemy encounters reminded me of RE4 more than anything.

Arthea

Quick, SteamGAF, riddle me this.

Halo Master Chief Collection or Uncharted collection comes out on PC.
Locked to 720p, no graphical options.
Terribly optimized, struggling to hit 30fps on top of the line hardware.
Esc quits the game with no confirmation.

How much of a shitstorm we would have on our hands?

that's not true, btw
or you had in mind 60 fps?
and you can scream all you like, I like esc-> quit, so fast and straightforward (><)
no graphical options otoh, calls for shitstorm and you forget that you can't adjust sound in game too. Who thought it's a good idea?!

derExperte

RE4 is almost 10 years old and one of its strengths is the replayability. Sure the game was very well received initially but others were as well and they didn't hold up. So people saying TEW is better way before they've even finished it (some probably have by now but that wasn't the case when I looked in the OT/review thread) is completely idiotic. But sadly expected.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mysterious Cities of Gold -- MB-E1B2706405290196 - Taken by Sendou. 4 entrants total.
The Howler -- MB-F9B3EAAB00E99344 - Taken by swx. 3 entrants total.

t1413389227z1.png

Milamber

I think it looks pretty decent. Graphics & physics looks above average in the first video (though it's funny that all the text is in German). The second video is just funny.

One of the customer reviews compares it to Car Mechanic Simulator and that game 100% kicked ass.

Maybe I should've put a "/s" in there.

Knurek

that's not true, btw
or you had in mind 60 fps?

30 fps with semi-frequent drops down to 15-20 for me (i3-3250, GTX750Ti, 768p).
I averaged 55 fps on BioInf Ultra and well over 70 on BioInf High.

no graphical options otoh, calls for shitstorm and you forget that you can't adjust sound in game too. Who thought it's a good idea?!

I have Nirsoft's Volumouse installed for things like that.

I finished Valiant Hearts yesterday. It's a fairly simple puzzle solving game with amazing artwork, great music and an interesting and underused setting. There's quite a bit to learn about World War 1 if you're so inclined. If you've been putting it off for some reason or the other, consider playing through it. It's a short game that lasts 5-6 hours.

Randomly browsing around on the internet brought me to a page where the developers of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter discuss photogrammetry which is one method they used to create the photo realistic visuals of in the game. I found it very interesting.

And for your Wednesday laughs, the most ambitious/stupid internet petition you'll see this year.

RS4-

Wow fuck Firefox 33. Nothing but crashing, even in safe mode. Browsing GAF is safe, but other sites, shit just shuts down.

Lomax

Wow fuck Firefox 33. Nothing but crashing, even in safe mode. Browsing GAF is safe, but other sites, shit just shuts down.

I keep switching back and forth between firefox and waterfox every few weeks, it gives me a placebo effect that the crashing diminishes for a while.

Dr Dogg

Actually talking about Alien Isolation, for those of you the own that Last Survivor DLC (lucky AMD code swines) is it worth the store price? Really should pull my finger out and crack on with the base game but I've got enough to cover it with Idle Master funds and it's taunting me! Cheers in advance.

RS4-

I keep switching back and forth between firefox and waterfox every few weeks, it gives me a placebo effect that the crashing diminishes for a while.

Yeah, I've been thinking about going between the diff. *fox builds but I just don't :|

Same for me. Is there a way, on Chrome, for NOT saving your navigation history?
If so, I could just pass to Chrome, Firefox is getting worst after each update.

I think you have to do everything incognito lol.

Corpekata

Banned
Actually talking about Alien Isolation, for those of you the own that Last Survivor DLC (lucky AMD code swines) is it worth the store price? Really should pull my finger out and crack on with the base game but I've got enough to cover it with Idle Master funds and it's taunting me! Cheers in advance.

It's pretty short. I'd wait for a sale.

aku:jiki

Yeah, what're both the DLCs about? The other one is "crew expendable", right? That's a line from the first movie so pls be good.

Turfster

But the links on your start page have rounded thumbnails now!
(fuck this round bullshit)

The Gabriel Knight remake is going to unlock soon. Is anyone here going to try it?
No Tim Curry hamming it up, no sale.
Also, I'm not a big fan of the redone art.
It seems very... uneven and it lost quite a lot of the charm of the original, it seems.

Yeah, what're both the DLCs about? The other one is "crew expendable", right? That's a line from the first movie so pls be good.

It follows the similar path as the movie I believe. You pick one of three characters from the movie and have to lure the Alien around the vents.

I didn't get very far...because 2sooky

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I really want to play that one. I'm currently forcing myself to play Portable Ops, but it's rather boring. Dragging enemies to the truck (or towards other teammates) gets old fast. And I don't like the art style used in the cutscenes, nor the fact that there's no voice acting during codec conversations.

The only thing you really need to know from Portable Ops is that it has Calling to the Night.

Well this was a crazy catch up so to save doing an X05...uber quote post I'll just plonk theses down.

I miss X05's posts :/

Just realized Claire is Quiet's daughter.

#mindblown

Chico is actually Claire, you can tell because both names have the letter 'C' at the beginning of their names.

WHAAAAA

You should have followed my (pretty good and useful, I dare to say) FAQ/walkthrough/how to/guide, I guess about building the super coolest badassest PC ever.
Also full of writing errors and not updated to GTX 980s; useful and excellent nonetheless.

Milamber approved?

You put in a stock heatsink for your CPU, you monster, there is nothing manly about you.

Guess not then :p

New day, new simulator appears
DIG IT! A Digger Simulator

The name borders on "so dumb that it's good" territory, at least.

Dr Dogg

It's pretty short. I'd wait for a sale.

Yeah when I asked about Crew Expendable a few folks said it was 30-40 mins. Halloween in coming up so you never know though it might be a bit early and I can deal with a couple of quid as a discount isn't that much of a saving. Cheers for the info though.

Well I've only had a poke around the first bit of the Crew Expendable DLC but it and the Last Survivor DLC recreate scenes for Alien. Crew Expendable replicated the scene where Dallas goes into the air duct but you can select from a few different characters. Not sure about any more from there but Last Survivor is a recreation of the finale. Both are meant to be pretty short mind.

no thanks.

Polygon did an article about using the Rift to play Alien and it sounded like something I don't want to experience.

Hahaha I'll have to give that a read later. Reading Krejlooc's thread was both entertaining and horrifying. Considering it sounds like it works really well there would have been lawsuits out the arse with the amount of traumatised peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom