• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Newegg has a 75% off Civ V and DLC sale

Not Steam, but the classic Gabriel Knight trilogy is discounted on GOG at the moment, 46% off (go through 2 or 3 to add the whole trilogy, which are 61% off separately, the original game isn't discounted)

Ventara

Oh snap! Legend of Grimrock 2 is out? So tempted to pick it up, but I still haven't finished the first one. How many keys are the Russians selling it for? 5? 6?

Li Kao

Waifus ain't cheap
unless whorish

PC waifus are costly as hell. One has to think adding an OST and some wallpapers is worth 10$ more than the iOS version. Again, sorry, I have an inexplicable hate for the stuff that comes out of this studio.
Now I would happily give 20$+ for some quality VN.

Chariot

PC waifus are costly as hell. One has to think adding an OST and some wallpapers is worth 10% more than the iOS version. Again, sorry, I have an inexplicable hate for the stuff that come out of this studio.
Now I would happily give 20$+ for some quality VN.
Word *raises glass*

Miguel81

Newegg has a 75% off Civ V and DLC sale

Not Steam, but the classic Gabriel Knight trilogy is discounted on GOG at the moment, 46% off (go through 2 or 3 to add the whole trilogy, which are 61% off separately, the original game isn't discounted)

Now you are a great messenger. Thanks for the heads up!

Alright, all this chatter about Russian resellers and now the ads showing up on GAF for me are all about meeting nice Russian girls on dating services.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Alright, all this chatter about Russian resellers and now the ads showing up on GAF for me are all about meeting nice Russian girls on dating services.

well - they can't trade games any more ... so they have to earn money SOMEHOW ;)

Finished Silence Of The Sleep, really liked it. I'll try and write a longer review later, but if you dig horror stories and hard-ish puzzles and you are able to look past the rougher edges, it might be a game for you.

Thanks for the tip Dusk Golem

Tizoc

I don't know where you live but this is basically a 1:1 representation of my life

ss_a9bdd2e561b9a4d31e047d7fee8e06dafba28c50.600x338.jpg

Also, judging from the screenshots, that girl on the left REALLY loves this pose.

The girl on the left...she has a man's face.

Must...resist...troll bait...

It's not troll bait. It's the truth. I've not really liked a single Halo game until I played Spartan Assault. So as far as I'm concerned, throw the FPS Halo series in a dumpster and give me more games like Spartan Assault.

I turned it completely off. But its weird I thought something was off with the screen but I couldn't figure out what. Then half way through the game I realized it was too grainy. Found the option and turn it to 0. I like it better now.

Yeah, I dropped it to 45, though I was debating going lower. It makes everything look... I don't know... fuzzy in a bad way.

?? Break it to me gently.

There is no gentle about it.

derExperte

Because the remake isnt.

Reading the Ryse thread may already have taken its toll, what remake? I'm very confused right now.

Hey, sorry to be a mooch but does anyone have an extra Dead Island Epidemic beta key I could have? Apparently people who own any Dead Island game got it in their inventory. I own Dead Island but it's on my old Steam account that I don't use anymore.

This game is pretty damn good from what I'm reading. Overwhelmingly positive reviews (10k+ vs 2k negative).

Thanks.

You can try contacting this fine young man: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133263128&postcount=3749 No idea if he still has them of course. Or enter a giveaway, sent you a pm.

Anustart

I'm in a bit of lull. I can't seem to pick up any of the bigger games I've been playing, and sticking to 15 minute sessions of Pac Man. Binding of Isaac needs to get here!

Jawmuncher

It's not troll bait. It's the truth. I've not really liked a single Halo game until I played Spartan Assault. So as far as I'm concerned, throw the FPS Halo series in a dumpster and give me more games like Spartan Assault.

Yeah, I dropped it to 45, though I was debating going lower. It makes everything look... I don't know... fuzzy in a bad way.

There is no gentle about it.

Can not agree at all.
Spartan assault was the worst thing I've played with the halo name on it aside from ODST/Halo 4 depending on my mood.

Tellaerin

Is it just me, or is it difficult to differentiate what's meant to be the male and female faces in those screenshots? Maybe I spent too much time with Eddie Murphy in the '80s.

Two-Tone Girl's face definitely looks kind of masculine. I think the artist was shooting for that long-eyed look, but botched it. (If not for that "bikini witch" shot, I'd have suspected they were setting up to reveal her as a crossdresser later in the story or something. >.>) Blonde girl's mouth looks too wide to me, but that may just be me. Still, I'd have to say the art looks pretty good overall, and definitely better than some other stuff I've seen.

Tenrius

header.jpg

I played through The Samaritan Paradox last night. It was okay overall, although I didn't really agree with the praise I've read here (someone said it was the best AGS engine game, it's not even close). I enjoyed the setting and the "game within game" mechanic, as well as some parts, but story was mediocre at best and the puzzles were largely illogical. There was some promise in the story, initially, but it all fell apart rather quickly and the ending was especially bad. It all felt like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo fanfiction, to be honest (I only saw the original Swedish moive trilogy and it was good; didn't read the books).

That said, it's a decent adventure game, if only for the unusual setting (1984 Sweden), great music and an occasional well-done segment of the story.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, what? ALL new releases are gonna be region-locked?! So no more Russian prices?

Not all, but most. Cross-region trading/gifting is these days disabled by default.

Yes, but pubs have create locked versions of old games too. (eg. Capcom)

Publishers still have the option of forgoing ACRTAG (see: virtually all of Disney's subs). It's also worth noting that, at least for now, DLC is exempt.

Ventara

welcome to the last 2 days of conversation

Not all, but most. Cross-region trading/gifting is these days disabled by default.

Yeah no more. Unless that specific developer decide to turn on ACRTAG. So expect every new games from now to be locked.

SHIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!1

This sucks big time. What about the older games? Will they become region-locked, too?

Jawmuncher

I'm going to wait and see what the Korra reviews are now. Not a avatar fan and while I love platinum, I need to see more. Plus I'm already getting Bayo the same week.

Backlogger

Hmm, its cheaper to buy the Tomb Raider collection pack than the individual games even though I already own TR 2013 and DLC. Wish they had a Classic TR Pack or something. If the game(s) I already owned were gift-able that would be cool too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom