• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pinball FX2 - South Park Pinball

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/322960/

Available now.
Aww Yiss

Zeknurn

Hype.

Not sure if old, but the intro cinematic of Civ:BE got me all hyped.

Maybe too hyped, considering I'm not planning of preordering or buying it day one, but I'll likely wait for at least the first expansion. :'(

They have always been good at making intro cinematics and this is no different. I hope the initial version of Civ:BE turns out great.

The_Monk

Maybe too hyped, considering I'm not planning of preordering or buying it day one, but I'll likely wait for at least the first expansion. :'(

Thanks for posting this Copons, really nice. That man seemed so humble and sad at the same time. :(

From what I've seen of this game it looks really interesting and I'm much more interested considering the theme. However, this is one of those games than can be a huge time sink, in a good way, resulting in a Backlog on hold.

Volimar

So people don't like Afterfall? That sucks. I was hoping for a decent
free
shooter. I got some bad financial news yesterday that pretty much shits on my plans to get myself a new TV and probably shits on my kid's Christmas too. Basically the equity payments we make are jumping up $150 a month with no explanation. Adulting sucks.

legacyzero

Banned
It takes like ten seconds man, I don't know how you had so much trouble.

It's still a stupid process. You should have to give out your password information to somebody that isn't local to you, just to share games.

You should just be able to give them a key or something.

Nzyme32

So good. Interstellar and this seem to tie into each other. Civ BE mentions the "great mistake" that ends up forcing humans to look for alternate planets to move on to, but the film Interstellar out a week later explores that mistake. Can't wait for both. Next month is already ruined

Tenrius

What's the situation with the new region locks? Is it that serious?

I'm mainly asking because I want to get The Longest Journey and its sequel, and it's unavailable in my region.

Turfster

Using GK20TH50OFF on PhoenixOnlineStudios store should give you a 50% off on Gabriel Knight.

Checked their screenshots.
Not feeling it for 10$, sorry.

It's kind of mindboggling that this looks a hundred time worse than Cognition did.
Maybe it's because I clearly remember how these scenes are 'supposed' to look and feel.

derExperte

The Pinball FX2 South Park DLC includes two tables btw.

I've noticed as Steam gets more popular, there is more of that. Kind of want Steam to lose popularity

Unfortunately reporting does nothing, I've done it a few times, months later stumbled over the same idiots and their names/profiles didn't change. Say what you want about MS and XBL, they are actually banning accounts for shit like this.

louiedog

Unfortunately reporting does nothing, I've done it a few times, months later stumbled over the same idiots and their names/profiles didn't change. Say what you want about MS and XBL, they are actually banning accounts for shit like this.

Someone who was within 5 or so of me on an XBLA leaderboard phonetically spelled out that same word to get it in there because obviously you can't just put it in their gamertag system. It kept changing slightly(EHN-EYE-GEE... to EN-EYE-GEE...) as people were reporting him and he received those forced name changes. He was still getting reported a month later, but his name stopped changing and was still there. I thought they normally permabanned you after around 5 forced name changes, so I don't know how he survived.

Tellaerin

I've noticed as Steam gets more popular, there is more of that. Kind of want Steam to lose popularity

As Steam becomes more popular, you're seeing a more representative sampling of humanity using it. We'd probably do better to wish for less scummy people in the world instead.

I think it is a legitmentally good looking game, even outside of the incredible atmosphere.
Great character model!

I did a doubletake when I saw the screenshot just now. At first glance, I thought it was a still from a b/w movie.

Li Kao

Is it a single "headphone" plug? (it probably is)
If so, you'll probably need a stereo "tulip" to single jack cable.

Hmm, you mean that in theory, in the case of a 360* I could...
- Plug an hdmi cable from the 360 to the monitor second hdmi slot (uguu, it also has a shitty source selection but hey...)
- Plug a proprietary VGA or YUV cable to the console, but in order to use the audio jack-thingies and plug them in a "Tulip" (what sorcery are you talking about) in order to make them plug in a classic headphone plug ? .
- Configure the console so that it use the hdmi video with the jack audio.

A quick unearthing in my cable box revealed so many mysterious things. I have a VGA 360 cable with audio jacks, a YUV one, some optic audio cables, even what looks like stereo "tulips" to plug on a pc.

My loot

*yeah because I sold the ps3 when the hard times came last year and now I have to re-buy one just for MGS4, because ocd and reasons, so much joyce I can hardly contain...

Shadownet

Banned
People playing The Evil Within:

Have you turned the grain off?
If not fully off, what level are you comfortable with it at?
I turned it completely off. But its weird I thought something was off with the screen but I couldn't figure out what. Then half way through the game I realized it was too grainy. Found the option and turn it to 0. I like it better now.

Miguel81

Wall in the third shot isn't crytek level but in other idtech games it would look like a blown out jpg.

The atmosphere oozes from those shots. Some mediocre textures are okay as long as they can pull off that particular look. The top shot is just nightmare-inducing, and I figure much worse for someone not into horror.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Is the Elvis Within supposed to be....a bit goofy?
Cause I find the game damn goofy (NOT bad, just goofy). I just giggle everytime I see enemies with like 20 nails and a crowbar stuck to their face. It's like I'm playing a 90' hardcore metal band album cover art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom