• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It doesn't affect keys.

There's a chance that's not entirely true. I suspect it may affect keys that confer gift copies (e.g. four-packs), but this is a moot point if you're not in Eastern Europe/South America/South-east Asia or you're just redeeming something for yourself.

So that's a yes? Oh man, this really sucks. I regret not buying more. What should I do with my 5 keys?

It's a "probably not". ACRTAG being disabled by default has been going on for about a month now and thus far the only retroactive region-lock is Capcom with Dead Rising 2.

Not sure if old, but the intro cinematic of Civ:BE got me all hyped.

Maybe too hyped, considering I'm not planning of preordering or buying it day one, but I'll likely wait for at least the first expansion. :'(

Beautiful, I wonder if Firaxis ever thought of making a third-person exploration game? I always liked the early game in Civ, exploring, expanding & some fighting to spice it up. Then everyone one wants to betray you....

So good. Interstellar and this seem to tie into each other. Civ BE mentions the "great mistake" that ends up forcing humans to look for alternate planets to move on to, but the film Interstellar out a week later explores that mistake. Can't wait for both. Next month is already ruined

Same thing I was thinking. Interstellar:Beyond Earth from Sid Meier and Christopher Nolan.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
new indieroyale and new indiegala, but im too lazy to list the games

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Just saw the intro movie to Civ Beyond Earth, and man, that and Civ 5 have the most perfect intro movies that sum up just about everything in the game. Both are just so great. Maybe my favorite intros to games ever.

kudoboi

new indieroyale and new indiegala, but im too lazy to list the games

indieroyale

krunch
jets and guns gold
dungeons of the eyes of the draconus
staudsofts synthetic world
the legend of the artifact
8bitboy
call of cthulhu : the wasted
chompy chomp chomp
coldfire keep
victim of xen

indiegala

litil devil
nosferatu
realms of the haunting
uriels chasm
soulbringer

BTA

chernobyl commando
darkout/span>
grimind

BTA2: BTA harder

lucius
blob from space

NONE OF THEM ARE WORTH IT

I'm going to wait and see what the Korra reviews are now. Not a avatar fan and while I love platinum, I need to see more. Plus I'm already getting Bayo the same week.

Same here. Didn't even know what Korra was before the game, and I'll have my hands full with TEW and Bayonetta 2 this month, so it can wait. Also SMTIV should come out this month too. Maybe.

MUnited83

For you.
So that's a yes? Oh man, this really sucks. I regret not buying more. What should I do with my 5 keys?
? not wan all. the publishers always had the option of region locking their titles, so nothing is really changing for games with older subs. The ammount of lockson older game will be fairly minimal because if they wanted to lock it they would have done so already.

iosefe

today i discovered chest farming in Divinity: Original Sin

i spent half an hour trying to get a nice rare item, settled on a dagger for my rogue

Nabs

Not all family lives locally to an individual. Stop.

You just change your password for a minute until they are authorized. It's not a big deal. You can even use that Chrome Remote Desktop app if you don't trust them for whatever reason.

You probably shouldn't Family Share with people you don't trust!

today i discovered chest farming in Divinity: Original Sin

i spent half an hour trying to get a nice rare item, settled on a dagger for my rogue

I did a bit of reading and oh wow that's basically chest/corpse re-rolling from Might & Magic 6-8.

Kinda worried about getting Divinity: OS now.

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Litil Divil -- MB-2E8E9B3A38EF5E21 - Taken by Htown
Coldfire Keep -- MB-F9E0D1B7B7530F0F - Taken by Cyberquake
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-FEBDDD0252BF61E1 - Taken by Gintoki
Chernobyl Commando -- MB-076D53E48C431B41 - Taken by corrosivefrost
Victim of Xen -- MB-138B6B80717093FD - Taken by Knurek
Lucius -- MB-8D537742AF36EA2C - Taken by Maniac
Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land -- MB-80B1E079B2E9FED4 - Taken by NingenJanai
Soulbringer -- MB-603715F2A2682CEA - Taken by 7Sins
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-37FF14762701213F - Taken by XDDX
Darkout -- MB-784CC53C2A8E15F7 - Taken by Aitor
Krunch -- MB-78B8558FC7D3F66D - Taken by NoCryingUntilTheEnd
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-BFBCD803866C3622 - Taken by Teppic
8bitboy -- MB-9DA3BBF87773DB18 - Taken by Purkake4
Dungeons: The Eye of Draconus -- MB-F96469ED8F832142 - Taken by Kuroyume
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-BBB7BA488558FD95 - Taken by MillionStabs
Power-Up -- MB-46B98C293819A7EE - Taken by Tesseract
ARMA: Cold War Assault -- MB-BD8BD4646449A940 - Taken by Woody Invincible
Major Mayhem -- MB-EAAD231C420513B0 - Taken by Berlok
Blast 'Em! -- MB-65C5348FAFBF1B22 - Taken by Benedict
Asteria -- MB-B28C91519FCDA7B3 - Taken by Tellaerin
Battlepaths -- MB-E1D5C233DC7009B6 - Taken by gaiadyne

Shadownet

Banned
Hmm, its cheaper to buy the Tomb Raider collection pack than the individual games even though I already own TR 2013 and DLC. Wish they had a Classic TR Pack or something. If the game(s) I already owned were gift-able that would be cool too.

I had to same problem. But I just bit the bullet and bought the collection for 4 keys. Less than $8 so still cheaper than individually.

JaseC

You just change your password for a minute until they are authorized. It's not a big deal. You can even use that Chrome Remote Desktop app if you don't trust them for whatever reason.

You probably shouldn't Family Share with people you don't trust!

I used TeamViewer. It was a little laggy, naturally, but otherwise painless.

Spyware

Got the game, tried it, have no more time to play. It huuuurts because wow it's good <3

Here, play it for me tonight.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spyware, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Legend of Grimrock 2 -- MB-01E9DFB7C5623297 - Taken by WinterDemons. 27 entrants total.

t1413397809z1.png

Chariot

Not sure if old, but the intro cinematic of Civ:BE got me all hyped.

Maybe too hyped, considering I'm not planning of preordering or buying it day one, but I'll likely wait for at least the first expansion. :'(
So beautiful and sad. And I love that the focus in the cinematic aren't americans (although some are shown at some point), not even westerns, but Pakistani as modern people.
I might get weak until the 24th.

Speaking of Firaxis... Does anyone know if they use paid market research just before a game is released?

Reason why I ask is I signed up to do a market research study soon about pc gaming. I've done these things before for other products. You come in, they feed you, and then pay you for your opinion on an unreleased product or marketing stuff. most of the time you can't guess what they they are calling you in for before you get there from the screening questions but sometimes you can.

Initially it seemed to be a lot of questions that were about Bethesda games RPGs but then they started asking me how many hours I've played virtually every Firaxis game ever made with a few other games thrown in like EA. The only thing I can think of is we might see Beyond Earth.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bestpersonevar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Darkout -- MB-BC00FA7D94844E2B - Taken by Phawx[/QUOTE]

rtcn63

I did a bit of reading and oh wow that's basically chest/corpse re-rolling from Might & Magic 6-8.

Kinda worried about getting Divinity: OS now.

It's really not worth doing unless 1) you have terribly shitty equipment or 2) Its a chest that guarantees a legendary (usually found at the end of a major story mission/after a boss)

All these giveaways are reminding me that I still have two months to accumulate cards before the next big, badge-involving sale. I've told myself before the past three or so Steam sales that I would drain all my games of cards and I never did. This time, things will be different... I mean, they won't, but I'll lie to myself and say that they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom