• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Hmm, you mean that in theory, in the case of a 360* I could...
- Plug an hdmi cable from the 360 to the monitor second hdmi slot (uguu, it also has a shitty source selection but hey...)
- Plug a proprietary VGA or YUV cable to the console, but in order to use the audio jack-thingies and plug them in a "Tulip" (what sorcery are you talking about) in order to make them plug in a classic headphone plug ? .
- Configure the console so that it use the hdmi video with the jack audio.

A quick unearthing in my cable box revealed so many mysterious things. I have a VGA 360 cable with audio jacks, a YUV one, some optic audio cables, even what looks like stereo "tulips" to plug on a pc.

Basically, yes.
The 'tulips' are the red/white plugs (if you hold the male ones up, they sort of vaguely look like tulip flowers) on the VGA/component cables, which give you stereo sound (the best you're going to get without moving to SPDIF)
The thing in the top right corner looks like a female tulip to 3.5mm jack, which you should be able to use to plug it into your 2.1 set's line in.

Basically plug in the HDMI cable, plug in the other cable next to it (possibly by breaking open its casing, which is what I had to do with my component one) and then just use the audio leads for that one, ignoring the rest.

Stupid 8AM exams. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Tunnel visioned on too many of the questions.

Also, dang, the default region locks on new games. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┻━┻

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
How about a roommate Simulator/Visual Novel?

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/317300/

Shadownet

Banned
I just found out about GamerGate from a Kotaku article.yes I've been under a rock. And to be quite honest I'm not sure what's Gamergate stand for.. Something negative about women in the video games industry. And a lot of people see them as a hate group?

Volimar

I just found out about GamerGate from a Kotaku article.yes I've been under a rock. And to be quite honest I'm not sure what's Gamergate stand for.. Something negative about women in the video games industry. And a lot of people see them as a hate group?

Yeah. There's a thread in gaming section about it. For the love of God and your account don't post there. But it's a huge thing and would lead to a major thread derail if we get into it here.

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah. There's a thread in gaming section about it. For the love of God and your account don't post there. But it's a huge thing and would lead to a major thread derail if we get into it here.

Gotcha thanks Chariot and Volimar. I'll go give it a read.

As you can tell I don't venture outside of SteamGAF much. I feel comfortable here.

rtcn63

I part of me wants to be a dick, and say please don't bring attention to these crappy visual novels.

Clarification: Probably likely crappy

This graveyard shift has been leaving me pretty isolated lately... !
I work nights as well, can leave a few hours free before the shift :p Sleep is for the weak anyway.

Speaking of I want to go to bed but work said they might call so agggggggggh. Don't have the energy to actually play a game, lol. That's just from being up though, didn't actually work last night.

Jawmuncher

YbGCtGV.png

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-24099-well-there-it-is-gif-Jeff-Gold-yNHs.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

What was game 2K?

[quote="Kirosia, post: 134458328"]I part of me wants to be a dick, and say please don't bring attention to these crappy visual novels.[/QUOTE]

However you know better because the thread is boring as hell at the moment.

looking through the roommates screenshots, is reusing models and just changing the outfits a sign of efficient animation or is it more an indication of a cheaply made game? seeing the protagonists arms on her chest no matter the outfit or scene is kind of annoying.

Tellaerin

looking through the roommates screenshots, is reusing models and just changing the outfits a sign of efficient animation or is it more an indication of a cheaply made game? seeing the protagonists arms on her chest no matter the outfit or scene is kind of annoying.

If it's 2D art, you can't really call it "reusing models". >.>

rtcn63

Why is there 3 !!! at the top and only one ! at the bottom?
Not even counting the other mistakes it fails for lack of consistency.
F-

Well, he's obviously toning down his excitement during the speech, as he's telling them to go and get some rest. You don't yell at tired people before bed.

How about a roommate Simulator/Visual Novel

Wow, Bleach's latest season is the laziest one yet.

I kid, I kid. It looks pretty cute I guess. Not sure if I can justify paying 28 bucks for a visual novel with life sim stats. Cherry Tree High is less than ten bucks and has a demo. Mind you, it doesn't have a waifu who wears leopard print. Decisions, decisions.

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody here ever bought something on Origin using a proxy and used their credit card? I did it in the past (with a Mexico Proxy) for Watch_Dogs and Dragon Age and it went well but I was using Paypal. Now I want to buy Far Cry 4 in India because it'S half the price than it is on Steam but they only accept CC (no paypal) and I'm a bit nervous using a CC directly like that.

rtcn63

Is it just me, or is it difficult to differentiate what's meant to be the male and female faces in those screenshots? Maybe I spent too much time with Eddie Murphy in the '80s.

Got it, thanks BigBoss!

Hey, sorry to be a mooch but does anyone have an extra Dead Island Epidemic beta key I could have? Apparently people who own any Dead Island game got it in their inventory. I own Dead Island but it's on my old Steam account that I don't use anymore.

This game is pretty damn good from what I'm reading. Overwhelmingly positive reviews (10k+ vs 2k negative).

Thanks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
for SLI purposes you need 2 of the EXACT same card correct? same brand, model, etc?

What is this news I'm hearing of total Steam region lock in November? Hope its not true: (

its true, no more putin bucks

Li Kao

Is it just me, or is it difficult to differentiate what's meant to be the male and female faces in those screenshots? Maybe I spent too much time with Eddie Murphy in the '80s.

I, errhh, don't want to hyperbole much, but I find 90% of winter wolves stuff absolutely hideous. And yep, I toned down my post :-S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom