• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Nah, I'm fine. My laptop can run Dolphin in theory, but it's still not 100% smooth, so I'd rather not do it. Besides, the Wii games look good enough on my TV. I wish I could get a separate SDTV for older consoles, but I don't have the room for that.

Makes sense then. There's a few game that I prefer to play on my TV still over emulator such as RE Outbreak. Would be cool if I still had a SDTV around as well. But them being so heavy was horrible.

Probably both.

First Turfster's hand, and now this? We're starting to look like the walking wounded here.

Time to go play Kinect.

I think the mouse is just too small. I have a weird habit of putting my pinky on the mouse at a angle rather than resting it on the side.
I cut myself several months as well, it was not pretty (Blood warning).

The vampires had a feast.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
How about a roommate Simulator/Visual Novel?

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/317300/

Hmm, on the one hand, winter wolves. On the other hand, it's a visual novel. Will wait for it to be bundled/go on sale for 75% off.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
It's almost Halloween time so I'm wondering when Corpse Party is going to be released already or if they're going to miss releasing it in the horror season for a third time.

Jawmuncher

Check out Magical Diary while you're at it.

Magical Diary was so good. Best $1 tier game I ever played.

It's almost Halloween time so I'm wondering when Corpse Party is going to be released already or if they're going to miss releasing it in the horror season for a third time.

Wouldn't surprise me if they missed the best chance to release it once again.

Every time I see "Grimrock", I think of Grimlock from the Transformers. Now I want a game where you explore dungeons as a giant robot dinosaur. >.>

Best part of T4

i love this gif so damn much. Really hope Better Call Saul delivers.

First Turfster's hand, and now this? We're starting to look like the walking wounded here.

Please don't talk about Turfs hand. I don't want those nightmare fuel gifs Rhaknar has to be posted again.

I cut myself several months as well, it was not pretty (Blood warning).

I think I'm secretly glad dropbox is blocked at work.

Also we're about a month away from Dragon Age Inquisition and 4 months away from Witcher 3!

my body is so ready. I'm on blackout for Inquisition for now and will probably play that the rest of the year. Moderately bummed I won't be able to play W3 at launch. No idea when I'll even be able to fire it up because
baby

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
So, why aren't more newer games using AMDs Mantle API?

I just tested the only two (as far as I know) "games" that support Mantle I own and that stuff is good!

iTeCfwPGAEYrz.png

(Sniper Elite everything on the highest option except for Super Sampling/Star Swarm Stress Test on Medium)

Are there any other games, besides BF4, that use Mantle?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pretty sure the Civ team is not the Xcom team. At least the Xcom lead guy (forgot his name) is not working on Civ AFAIK. I think XCOM did pretty well, so I'm rather confident we'll see a sequel.

I don't think 2K has ever given out numbers, but there was this a few months following its release:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown, which was a bit of a bet considering it’s a turn-based strategy game, is “a commercial success” according to Zelnick. It produced particularly high digital sales, but Take-Two has yet to reveal sales numbers.

Shadownet

Banned
i
my body is so ready. I'm on blackout for Inquisition for now and will probably play that the rest of the year. Moderately bummed I won't be able to play W3 at launch. No idea when I'll even be able to fire it up because
baby

Oh wow man you're expecting? or did I missed the big news already? Either way congratulation! :D Yeah I'm on media blackout for Dragon Age as well. I have no idea whats going on with the plot or who any of the new characters are. I saw one gameplay video earlier during the year and I'm tempted to buy it full price, day 1.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
How is this Batman Origins Blackgate? Reviews seem polarizing, is it the same with SteamGAF. It's cheap at Newegg atm.

I played it for a few hours and ended up uninstalling it. Really disliked it, awful combat and traversal and I had very little fun with it tbh. If you get it at least pick it up cheap.

JaseC

For the same reason that only select games feature hardware-accelerated PhysX*: because it's proprietary.

* Technically, if you're on Team Red, you can use your CPU to achieve the same result... but doing so incurs a massive performance penalty.

A handful. I don't think it'll take off more than it already has -- you'll notice that half of the games listed run on Frostbite.

JaseC

I know, but the link says the game will be released WITH a modified version of SR4 on consolle.

Oh, right, the "Re-elected" release. Volition hasn't said much regarding what will be different so I'll be a little surprised if it's even something akin to Sleeping Dogs: DE.

I think the Saints Row 4 rerelease is the same game we got, but on PS4/Xbone. At least that's what I understood from their press release when they announced it.

Miguel81

Game is not bad, but the level design is horrible. Basically you proceed, you stop because you don't know what you need to do, you backtrack all the way in the entrance of the area, you access a new zone from here.

I have a high tolerance for backtracking so maybe I'll just get it since it's cheap. If I start disliking it I'll just toss it aside.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I'm making some changes to how Enhanced Steam handles it's continuous scrolling feature to be a little more interactive and give the users an idea of whats happening.

When you scroll to the bottom of a search page (if you have continuous scrolling enabled) you'll now see this when Enhanced Steam is loading the next set of results:

Yes, this is animated! :)

This will be good especially for users who have a slow internet connection, who previously had no indication that Enhanced Steam was loading more results. If Enhanced Steam fails (for whatever reason) to get the next page of results, you'll now be presented with this error:

Pressing retry will try to load the next page of results again. This is good if maybe you get kicked offline (or Steam goes down) while you're trying to scroll through search results.

I tested this by loading the first few pages of results, then disabling my NIC completely to get the error message. I then re-enabled my NIC and pressed retry, and Enhanced Steam picked up right where I left off.

It's just a small thing (that most people won't even see but for a split second) but hopefully it'll help people troubleshoot and resolve issues like this in the future.

I just tested the only two (as far as I know) "games" that support Mantle I own and that stuff is good!

iTeCfwPGAEYrz.png

(Sniper Elite everything on the highest option except for Super Sampling/Star Swarm Stress Test on Medium)

Battlefield 4
Battlefield Hardline
Thief
Star Citizen
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Civilization: Beyond Earth
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Mirror's Edge 2
Sniper Elite 3
Star Wars: Battlefront

That's all the ones that wikipedia says.

Holy crap, I just noticed that I have a shitload of CS:GO cases that are actually worth something. I just made an euro in 6 seconds! Only if I had like million of those cases I would be moderately rich very fast

Dr Dogg

http://i.minus.com/iTeCfwPGAEYrz.png[IMG]

Are there any other games, besides BF4, that use Mantle?[/QUOTE]

You could ask 'Why don't more devs use OpenGL' due to some calls being more efficient than D3D. Answer to both will be more than likely less knowledge and experience with the API libraries compared to everyone and their mums using D3D.

Other games I know of are [s]the Star Swarm benchmark[/s] which me being dopey just noticed you tested, Thief which gets a nice boost even on high end CPUs and I think Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare is set to get it latter on or might even be available now due to being Frostbite 3 based. Dragon Age Inquisition, Battlefield: Hardline and Mirrors Edge 2 might be worth keeping an eye on and I think both Civ Beyond Earth and Star Citizen have said they might look at support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom