• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

oh just noticed theres a price for that Korra game you guys are so hyped about, 15 bones. cheaper than most thought?
Where'd you see that?
My steam store page is still just "available the 21st" without a price

does SteamGAF care alot about sound quality or surround sound in gaming?

thinking whether I should sell my current setup and save for the Creative Sound Blaster X7 instead

I've had a 5.1 set for the last 10 years and games are finally getting native support for it.
I'd never go back.

Shadownet

Banned
Why would you do that to your favorite website?

I honestly never gave much thought about it. I remember coming over a friend house one day like 5-6 years ago and we were watching Youtube and i told him how much I hated ads. He told me. "You didn't know about adblocks?" Then I started using it at home from then on.
But yeah after reading that post I can understand why ads are necessary. FYI. My ad right now on GAF is for Cox Internet.
Where'd you see that?

It's available for pre-order on PSN and Xbox Marketplace. He might be talking about that.

I honestly never gave much thought about it. I remember coming over a friend house one day and we were watching Youtube and i told him how much I hated ads. He told me. "You didn't know about adblocks?" Then I started using it at home from then on.

But yeah after reading that post I can understand why ads are necessary. FYI. My ad right now on GAF is for Cox Internet.
I'm so sorry.

wilflare

Where'd you see that?

I've had a 5.1 set for the last 10 years and games are finally getting native support for it.
I'd never go back.

mind sharing what's your set up is like?
my woes with my ASTRO Mixamp is making me want to abandon it
(and I guess with the X7, my Sound Blaster Zx would be useless too)

Lol it's my internet provider. Do you have it too? They send me an automatic email every now and then when I go over the 100GB limit per month. But they never do anything about it :p
Nah, I've got CenturyLink. My data cap isn't enforced, but my upload sucks in comparison to my download as does the router (I can fix that one, at least). You probably have it better.

Lomax

SteamGAF mobile ads are the best. The conversations in here are so bizarre and cover such a wide range of topics I never really know what I'll see a banner for.

GAF ads offer a way around the default region locking on steam:

bNuiVHO.png

Been getting that one too. Didn't think that Chrome actually datamined the content of forum posts (although why wouldn't they I guess). Big brother.

Turfster

mind sharing what's your set up is like?
my woes with my ASTRO Mixamp is making me want to abandon it
(and I guess with the X7, my Sound Blaster Zx would be useless too)

Uh, most of my gear is old, so I wouldn't try to match it, but...
I've been using a first gen Asus Xonar D2X soundcard with optical SPDIF out to a Sony DA1200ES that's hooked up to a high range Teufel 5.1 set

gngf123

I'm currently getting adverts for self help books and thermal imaging cameras...

GAF mobile ads are strange.

Edit: And Plumbing.

Shadownet

Banned
Nah, I've got CenturyLink. My data cap isn't enforced, but my upload sucks in comparison to my download as does the router (I can fix that one, at least). You probably have it better.

Ehh maybe. According to speedtest (just did it) my download speed is 5.42 mbps and upload is 1.14 mbps with 15 ping.
Though whenever I download Steam games the max I usually get is 670 kbps maybe 770 kbps if I'm lucky.

Ban him pls.

You have to be nice to me for the rest of the year. remember? and that wasn't very nice bro.

Ozium

Ehh maybe. According to speedtest (just did it) my download speed is 5.42 mbps and upload is 1.14 mbps with 15 ping.

Though whenever I download Steam games the max I usually get is 670 kbps maybe 770 kbps if I'm lucky.

same here, steam downloads really fucking slowly for me while.. other things.. download much faster

edit: not that slow, tho... lol

dani_dc

My mind just ignores the ads here on GAF for the most part,
The ad I'm seeing now on mobile GAF is about wormwheels, whatever those are.

Shadownet

Banned
same here, steam downloads really fucking slowly for me while.. other things.. download much faster
edit: not that slow, tho... lol
Steam doesn't have some sort of download limiter is there?

I dont know if I should laugh or cry... so here's both
What? :( did I say something wrong?
My mind just ignores the ads here on GAF for the most part,
The ad I'm seeing now on mobile GAF is about wormwheels, whatever those are.

OT:
I've been watching The Devil is a Part-Timer right now on Netflix. I like it. We should talk about it when I'm finished. :)

Jawmuncher

I dont know if I should laugh or cry... so here's both

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/09/Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif/IMG][/QUOTE]

I was in a third world country and got speeds comparable to that....almost
[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ujtA6Ju.png

I really hate that GIF for some reason

Hmm, maybe I won't complain. edit: It's funny how fiber and other high-speed connections have changed things. I used to be faster than like 80% of the country a few years ago.

Steam maxes out my connection, which nothing else will, so I dunno why it doesn't co-operate with you guys.

Man, Insurgency and Red Orchestra 2 with a good headset is insane, I feel like I was literally in the shit fighting for my life, I really should start using my headset on all games I play. Firing an MG42 literally made my ears ring, and I about shat my pantaloons whenever an artillery barrage came in.

Shadownet

Banned
I was in a third world country and got speeds comparable to that....almost
I really hate that GIF for some reason
I am using the lowest tier on Cox Internet. I'm poor :(

What's wrong with Kristen Bell? <3

Hmm, maybe I won't complain.
Steam maxes out my connection, which nothing else will, so I dunno why it doesn't co-operate with you guys.

I went into Download in Settings and there is no limit on downloading. So I have no idea what's wrong.

at 670kp/s it took me 25 hours to download Final Fantasy XIII :(

Nabs

Remember folks, Steam displays speeds in MB/s, while Speedtest uses Mb/s. Divide your Speedtest results by 8 for your potential Steam speeds.

Man, Insurgency and Red Orchestra 2 with a good headset is insane, I feel like I was literally in the shit fighting for my life, I really should start using my headset on all games I play. Firing an MG42 literally made my ears ring, and I about shat my pantaloons whenever an artillery barrage came in.

I played Fallout 3 for years and consider it my favorite game and never knew that the metro pipes have a running water sound effect until I started using a headset.

dani_dc

OT:
I've been watching The Devil is a Part-Timer right now on Netflix. I like it. We should talk about it when I'm finished. :)
Haven't seen that one yet, might give it a look, do feel free to tell me what you think of it when you catch me on Steam :)
"Trying" to sleep in bed right now.

Jawmuncher

HOLY SHIT I NEED THIS.
Going to set this up now before bed.

I am using the lowest tier on Cox Internet. I'm poor :(

What's wrong with Kristen Bell? <3

I went into Download in Settings and there is no limit on downloading. So I have no idea what's wrong.

at 670kp/s it took me 25 hours to download Final Fantasy XIII :(

No was just mentioning how I thought where I was at was really slow.
When it's probably kinda comparable to some internet even in the states.
Dont mind her but I just don't like that gif.

Shadownet

Banned

Praise the lord! thanks for the good news Grief! I gotta say I feel like I'm the only one that is okay with the black bars. Now that the FOV is fixed, I most likely won't even care that the black bars is still there.

It does give me a cinematic feel.

No was just mentioning how I thought where I was at was really slow.
When it's probably kinda comparable to some internet even in the states.
Dont mind her but I just don't like that gif.
If you live out in the middle of nowhere USA, the internet speed are pretty crappy. Not that I live in the middle of nowhere.
You should watch the video where that gif came from. It's hilarious. lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you guys need to stop spoilering OT posts. You are still posting OT, the spoilers doesnt make them invisible. Just OT your heart out like most people do anyway, dont pretend you arent doing it, when in fact...you are

If i was to, say, go to a restaurant and decided to take a shit in the middle of the room, covering myself with a coat so people wouldnt see my ass wouldnt really help, I was still taking a shit in the middle of a restaurant

I hear they frown on that :p

5 chapters too late but megaton

Miguel81

does SteamGAF care alot about sound quality or surround sound in gaming?

thinking whether I should sell my current setup and save for the Creative Sound Blaster X7 instead

I have a 7.1 set that I use for HTPC gaming(HDMI from GPU). Visuals trump audio around these parts, but games like Alien really shine in surround sound with "Full Dynamic Range" enabled.

maneil99

While i'm not the biggest fan of Tomb Raider it's worth the 4 bucks and puts UC3 to shame.
Which was just a mess all around, especially in the story department. Granted TR isn't a work of art. But it at least kept it all together till the end. Both did go a bit over board with the explosions and over the top scenarios back to back.

TR story is equally as bad and Drake, Sully and Elena look like masterpieces vs Lara Crofts development.

Jawmuncher

TR story is equally as bad and Drake, Sully and Elena look like masterpieces vs Lara Crofts development.

UC3 was filled with some really big plot holes.
Still feels like I missed a game inbetween 2 and 3.

-----------------------------------

The Trainer isn't working for me.
Press Numpad 8 isn't doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom