• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakkue

I forget, does Space Channel come with Michael Jackson?

It does.

1024x576.resizedimage

Okay so I bought Serious Sam 3 last week when it was $4 and I cant seem to get it past 30 fps. I read online and it said that the fps can be an issue and even provided a fix but I have no clue how to do it. Plus every time I drop settings, it has no substantial effect on fps. The same thing happened for Borderlands 2, all I had to do was edit some text, and shit came out buttery. Can my comp even do 60 or am I dreaming too hard? I took all my computer info from systemrequirementslab

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Manufacturer Intel
Speed 2.4 GHz
Number of Cores 8
Video Card 1 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Manufacturer Intel
Chipset Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Dedicated Memory 0 B
Total Memory 1.8 GB
Video Card 2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
Manufacturer NVIDIA
Chipset GeForce GTX 860M
Dedicated Memory 2.0 GB
Total Memory 3.9 GB
Memory 8.1 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit
Service Pack 0
Size 64 Bit
Edition Basic
Display Maximum Resolution 1536 x 864
DVD
CD
Drive 1
Size 423.8 GB
Free 378.3 GB
Drive 2
Size 25.0 GB
Free 22.0 GB

DocSeuss

I'm becoming increasingly tired of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel's writing. Gone are the memes (yay? I didn't really care), and in their place are a bunch of relationships that come in one of two varieties:

A) Lesbians
B) Crazy dudes who do bad things to women.

Seriously. Minor spoilers:
Myron wanted his wife to do a suicide pact with him. The Bosun, a dude, created an AI to be his love companion. Whatsherface of the People's Liberation Front was a lesbian. Janey Springs is a lesbian (and she won't stop hitting on Athena which is just annoying--Moxxi reinforces this by expressing her aggravation). The Meriff, a dude, is an incompetent idiot who's into sex bots. The captain who's trying to kill you is portrayed as a kind, nurturing person to her crew. Also, apparently, a lesbian.

I have no problem with Borderlands' "people become crazy" approach to the world. It's part of the universe's aesthetic. But this game seems to be making only dudes be the crazy ones and women being in general a lot less crazy. One woman was expressing frustration at a dude's threats, for instance, coaching him on how to make them better. Another ran away from her creepy stalker husband and wants your help with him.

It's like the game went "instead of trying to make better female characters in games, we're just going to make the guys as crazy as possible." It's the stereotypical "wife rolls her eyes at her husband" thing from bad sitcoms taken to the extreme.

Kinda hurting the game for me. Didn't expect this at all.

iosefe

it was moderately nerve wracking.

which reminds me, if you are the thread owner i think you can fix your titles on mobile. because the title i put was a copy/paste of the modbot entry, and i changed it to please lock

*edit* turns out if you go to advanced editing, you can fix it there too.. there is still so much i don't know

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
here's a question. What XB One "exclusive" could realistically make the jump to PC next? I havent been following XB One games much, so are there any third party exclusives left besides Ryse and Dead Rising 3? Tomb Raider doesnt count

I know Killer Instinct is a Double Helix / Iron Galaxy joint, any others?

here's a question. What XB One "exclusive" could realistically make the jump to PC next? I havent been following XB One games much, so are there any third party exclusives left besides Ryse and Dead Rising 3? Tomb Raider doesnt count

I can't think of any other than Killer Instinct and Sunset Overdrive. Zoo Tycoon maybe?

Nethaniah

I think Crackdown could do well on pc and let's face it, that game could use all the help it can get.

Shadownet

Banned

My safest bets are on Master Chief Collection and Sunset Overdrive. Especially Sunset Overdrive.

Turfster

Quantum Break will probably make it our way in 10 years (after release).

Ozium

Quantum Break.

edit: you said third party, but Killer Instinct is a first party game... wot

Miguel81

Third party, doh. Sunset Overdrive please!

i once accidentally made a new thread instead of sending a PM to modbot on Gaming side.

i was on mobile and everything looks EXACTLY the same...

Ancient history, and you came out of it unscathed. You're a good guy iosefe, wouldn't want to lose you from SteamGAF.

Oh, wow, nice! What game is this? Are those avatars from the game, or did you have to add them yourself?

Edit: Wait, is it fake? What are the Smart/Hard/Kick Ass numbers under the avatar for? lol

Wasteland 2 (which I really need to get), avatars are def not from the game, and the ass numbers are dialogue options I believe

Turfster

It's like the game went "instead of trying to make better female characters in games, we're just going to make the guys as crazy as possible." It's the stereotypical "wife rolls her eyes at her husband" thing from bad sitcoms taken to the extreme.

Yeah, I've been hearing the same thing from other people... and I can't say I'm very surprised. Most* of the writing in Borderlands has never been anywhere near stellar or groundbreaking.

* and quite a few of those shining peaks of funny writing are made suspect by the sea of unfunny shit they are surrounded by. Are they actually funny, or were they just funnier than the groan-inducing hour of crap that had come before it? Some of it probably was actually funny, but... I wonder.

For a TV comparison: Gotham is a really stupid show, where every character seems to have the IQ of a sea sponge and the writers do some really inane things... but "at least it's better than Scorpion", which airs the same day and is so vile it can replace all the "never ever do this ever" warnings in film school and writing classes, so if you watch them both, Gotham comes out looking 'better'.

iosefe

time for another round of "Get a game for a few Steam Trading Cards"

i have $1.79, and i am 20 cents short of buying some lucky person this game. as per usual, you give me the cards, i sell them, then gift you the game

it's either that or i get someone any of the other 1.79 and under Tomb Raider games

zkylon

zkylewd
I would have used Gurren Lagann characters but I don't play that game. Didn't know W2 was that moddable though. I might get it if I can get my Skele-Miku in the game.

lol that's hilarious

i actually considered gurren lagann and kill la kill but figured the cowboy bebop crew would make a good interdisciplinary group with combat+tech+whatever slutty thing faye does

Only avatars? No 3D models? So no harem mods? No buy then.
so far i don't think so

and 3d character models in this game are fucking grotesque

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have a task for someone worthy. Im not being lazy...well, not just that, but im a noob and I dont really know about these things. So...

What would be a list of good mods to use on Skyrim to make it look all pretty and, lets face, sometimes like a different game, WHILE still maintaining a good frame rate. I want it to be playable. Thinking of doing a new run with mods. Feel free to ignore this request if its too daunting, when I look at Skyrim mods, I stare at them for a minute and then think "yeeeeeeeeah...I dont...what?"

Who is the Skyrim expert? Theres a cookie in it for you

I have a task for someone worthy. Im not being lazy...well, not just that, but im a noob and I dont really know about these things. So...

What would be a list of good mods to use on Skyrim to make it look all pretty and, lets face, sometimes like a different game, WHILE still maintaining a good frame rate. I want it to be playable. Thinking of doing a new run with mods. Feel free to ignore this request if its too daunting, when I look at Skyrim mods, I stare at them for a minute and then think "yeeeeeeeeah...I dont...what?"

Who is the Skyrim expert? Theres a cookie in it for you

I've got a list I've been building - lots of stuff that I've been writing down in preparation of a playthrough. Want me to post in thread or PM you with it?

Rhaknar

I've got a list I've been building - lots of stuff that I've been writing down in preparation of a playthrough. Want me to post in thread or PM you with it?

either or. if you post it, others could benefit If so inclined :) also thanks in advance

edit: that list that you PMed me might have broken my brain >_< so much stuff, wtf is going on with this game o_O

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
time for another round of "Get a game for a few Steam Trading Cards"

i have $1.79, and i am 20 cents short of buying some lucky person this game. as per usual, you give me the cards, i sell them, then gift you the game

it's either that or i get someone any of the other 1.79 and under Tomb Raider games

Just so you guys know, this is the second best game on Steam with Lara Croft in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom