• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't turn this into a speedtest thread, besides, what's the point? Y'all gonna lose to my 95/95.

Down: 3.26Mb/s
Up: 0.77Mb/s

;-;

3835306854.png

Wow! I actually felt myself die a little inside!

Dang o_O

Tenrius

Yessss, I've finished Report 1 in Space Channel 5. The final rating was like 26% (due to the fiasco that was final sequence), but at least I've rescued everyone. Why aren't people playing it? It's genuinely amazing. I don't even have a Dreamcast yet and I'm already in love with it: Jet Set Radio and Space Channel 5 are among my favorite Steam games.

Please don't turn this into a speedtest thread, besides, what's the point? Y'all gonna lose to my 95/95.

That's not over wi-fi, I take it? And what the hell:

3835310169.png

It's a shame my college internet is much worse though.

iosefe

random shot in the dark, does anyone want to make a fresh file and do co-op murder rampage in Divinity: Original Sin? nobody lives, see how long we last before the guards overpower us

inm8num2

Small offerings.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (inm8num2, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-6665A5A1769FAC93 - Taken by Catshade
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-8CCA741733C14A1B - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-6D5B22C864A76DAD - Taken by Htown

Jawmuncher

The default fix is at 90 already right? or how many times do you have to tap + for it to get to 90?

Not sure but I just went back a bit where I found it comfortable.
I was disliking the aim being just the hand and gun so I used that to test where I wanted it mainly. Included his face a bit now.

Are the black bars really that bad? The last time I played a game with them, I think, was Dragon's Dogma and the framerate was what did me in instead.

They're not bad especially since you get used to them pretty quick.
But with this fix and the fact that you can get rid of the borders now on PC. This is definitley better.

Shadownet

Banned
Are the black bars really that bad? The last time I played a game with them, I think, was Dragon's Dogma and the framerate was what did me in instead.
Have you ever try playing Dragon Dogma on PS3? It was free for PS+ for a limited time. I download it and I thought it look like poop. Didn't even try to get pass the tutorial mission.

Not sure but I just went back a bit where I found it comfortable.
I was disliking the aim being just the hand and gun so I used that to test where I wanted it mainly. Included his face a bit now.

I don't think the normal fix is at 90. I think it's still at whatever setting its at. 60? But I tap back like 5-6 times until I see his lower leg, but not his feet. I thought that was the sweet spot. Zoom in and you can see his arms and face now. Sooo much better.

Miguel81

They're not bad especially since you get used to them pretty quick.
But with this fix and the fact that you can get rid of the borders now on PC. This is definitley better.

There's no harm in trying it when I get the game. Benefit of PC gaming after all.

Have you ever try playing Dragon Dogma on PS3? It was free for PS+ for a limited time. I download it and I thought it look like poop. Didn't even try to get pass the tutorial mission.

Framerate is garbage ~15 sometimes. Capcom need to get that game on Steam so that I can actually play it without vomiting(literally).

Turfster

I wish they would make more Wing Commander-like games. I started writing a post about this here, but then it turned too big, so I thought I would make it into a full-fledged thread or maybe sell it to someone. Then I proceeded to saving it to a Google doc and decided to work on it later lol.
I wish I could go back to the heyday of space sims on PC

Yakkue

Yessss, I've finished Report 1 in Space Channel 5. The final rating was like 26% (due to the fiasco that was final sequence), but at least I've rescued everyone. Why aren't people playing it? It's genuinely amazing. I don't even have a Dreamcast yet and I'm already in love with it: Jet Set Radio and Space Channel 5 are among my favorite Steam games.
Agreed, it's a great game. More people should play it.
qAM1Ass.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Agreed, it's a great game. More people should play it.
qAM1Ass.png

shoot, shoot shoot shoot!

I love that game. Ah Dreamcast, you were the best

have you finished the 20 hour tutorial in FF13 yet btw?

Nvidia already had unofficial downsampling support, but the game needs to support arbitrary resolutions for DSR to function. For example, Metal Gear Rising, FFXIII, and Call of Cthulhu won't work out of the box.
Oh, I feared that. Shame.
Nice premise but boy is the artstyle ugly.
Ubisoft says that Microsoft and Sony are 'pressuring them' into 30FPS for PC games
Also that 'Ryse -> PS4' thread is a recommended read if you hate your braincells.
Hm, can't (actually don't want to) believe Sony/MS would go that far to let their product shine brighter. Doesn't make sense. Consoles and their games were sold last gen with huge discrepancies compared to PC versions. Why do this now? Even more so, so early in the gen when games are already - and possibly the most they'll ever be - similar in visual fidelity anyway? It's not like consoles sell bad. Isn't PS4 very well selling? And despite being no 2, Xone is also not on WiiU levels.
But who knows, I have been proven wrong by things I thought paranoid/tinfoil-stuff in this industry before.

Yakkue

shoot, shoot shoot shoot!

I love that game. Ah Dreamcast, you were the best

have you finished the 20 hour tutorial in FF13 yet btw?

Well, I'm at 22 hours, so I guess so :) Haven't really started playing Chapter 11 though. Btw, do I have to fight that
enormous giant I saw while entering Gran Pulse, that just picked up a Monster and ate it in one gulp
?

Grief.exe

Sega needs to get to work on JSRF...along with other games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well, I'm at 22 hours, so I guess so :) Haven't really started playing Chapter 11 though. Btw, do I have to fight that
enormous giant I saw while entering Gran Pulse, that just picked up a Monster and ate it in one gulp
?

i dont think you have to, but i barely remember that game

One of the few games I prefer to play with my eyes closed.

Final Fantasy 13? come on dude, it doesnt look THAT bad

:p

Im baaaaaaack! That two-week ban was brutal. Well at least I know when not to fuck around.

In my downtime I've been playing a lot of Hitman Absolution. Im pretty sure Im at the end and I should really finish it but fucking school has been getting in the way. It's pretty okay. It sure isn't blood money but it's pretty decent. I kinda like the instinct bullshit
please dont ban me again

Rhaknar

Im baaaaaaack! That two-week ban was brutal. Well at least I know when not to fuck around.

In my downtime I've been playing a lot of Hitman Absolution. Im pretty sure Im at the end and I should really finish it but fucking school has been getting in the way. It's pretty okay. It sure isn't blood money but it's pretty decent. I kinda like the instinct bullshit
please dont ban me again

you cant like Absolution around here, thats a big no no

dani_dc

It's a shame that the original Space Channel 5 isn't ported as well. It suffers from pre-rendered background, but nothing that would stop me from picking it up.

Miguel81

please dont ban me again

Tip: Stay away from OT. Anyway, first ban is like a badge after making member. Congrats!

Milamber

please dont ban me again
you cant like Absolution around here, thats a big no no
Ban him again!

Rhaknar

Ulala doesn't say "shoot"

she says "chu"

I thought it was chu, then people said it was shoot (since she, well, shoots) so I thought it must be shoot.

I dont know whats real anymore :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom