• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

as you ask so nicely, ya Bik was one of those games, while Man in a Maze seems have been from the old batch.

Also update. there were 6 more games greenlit yesterday-today, again we don't know which ones.

edited: I'm afraid to ask, but it's time to be daring! what's MMD?

I saw Bik on the new releases yesterday and got excited only to realize that it was in the bundle that I was going to get (mostly for bik and another greenlgiht game) but forgot about until it was too late... :/

Bik reminds me of Space Quest 1 so that's why I was interested.

-MD-

I'm really bummed that I've finished the Evil Within now. It was the last big game I had pre-ordered so now it's back to the backlog. Of course the biggest thing is there won't be another game that feels like it for a long time, Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space came out so long ago ;-;

I'm really taking my time with it lol, didn't wanna wait 2 years and burn through the whole thing.

Replay it on a higher difficulty!

Arthea

I saw Bik on the new releases yesterday and got excited only to realize that it was in the bundle that I was going to get (mostly for bik and another greenlgiht game) but forgot about until it was too late... :/

Bik reminds me of Space Quest 1 so that's why I was interested.

I'm interested in Bik myself, at least I remember buying it, now I only need to remember where (><)
The game seems to be bananas, I hope it's as funny as it looks.

Searched for MMD videos, clicked on the second link, was glad I wasn't at work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MikuMikuDance

Mikumania is one thing I'll never understand, but MMD is... OK, I guess or something like that.

Ozium

I'm interested in Bik myself, at least I remember buying it, now I only need to remember where (><)
The game seems to be bananas, I hope it's as funny as it looks.

judging by the dev discussing keys on the forum it was in the groupees bundle I mentioned as well as the humble widget... he says you can get the steam key via desura also...

dev sent out bad codes to groupees tho and apologized, re-sent the proper keys

why can't more devs not be assholes when it comes to these things?

edit: #greenlitdisclosure ... really wish there was some way to find out what was greenlit or not.. generally I follow items on greenlight if it was in a bundle I bought, but I would still like to know about anything that slipped through the crax

I'm really taking my time with it lol, didn't wanna wait 2 years and burn through the whole thing.

Replay it on a higher difficulty!
I'm going to take a break for a few days and start Akumu mode. As you mentioned, I don't want to burn through every mode the game has to offer.

Do you have Alien?

it's really really good.

not as action focused as those titles listed, though, clearly

also you can always wait until itagaki's secret wii u goty...
I do, and I'm going to finish it tonight. My heart can only take so much of it at one time, games where you are being chased really get my heart racing. And I will probably get Devil's Third, seems interesting despite the poor initial showing. Itagaki made my favorite action game of all time (Ninja Gaiden 2) so I can trust him!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A couple of leftovers from this morning:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Grimind -- MB-B4BFA4A6F84DA4EF - Taken by Haunted

Ozium

I'm going to take a break for a few days and start Akumu mode. As you mentioned, I don't want to burn through every mode the game has to offer.

I do, and I'm going to finish it tonight. My heart can only take so much of it at one time, games where you are being chased really get my heart racing. And I will probably get Devil's Third, seems interesting despite the poor initial showing. Itagaki made my favorite action game of all time (Ninja Gaiden 2) so I can trust him!

heh

good luck w/ that :p

heh

good luck w/ that :p
A cousin of mine is in town tonight so I need to finish it while he's here :p
imYZdFEWELsOm.PNG

Ugh, they're going to make me craft the level 5 badge. I can't have that title on my profile :/

drotahorror

Currently there is no publisher weekend sale

I'm not talking about weekend sales.

Every monday there would be a week long sale. Usually with 15-20 games on sale and normally they'd all be associated with one publisher/developer.

Before the update the Week long Deal was just a green rectangle that said "week long deals" or something like that. Like I said, every monday that would be there.

I guess they got rid of week long deals.

Never mind.

I found it - http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=weeklongdeals

I definitely don't see week long deals anymore on the steam client though.

JaseC

Every monday there would be a weeklong sale. Usually with 15-20 games on sale and normally they'd all be associated with one publisher/developer.

Before the update the Week long Deal was just a green rectangle that said "week long deals" or something like that. Like I said, every monday that would be there.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=weeklongdeals

derExperte

Every monday there would be a weeklong sale. Usually with 15-20 games on sale and normally they'd all be associated with one publisher/developer.

You misremember, weeklongs that started on Monday never were publisher-specific and we still have them. But just as before the direct link disappears on Tuesday or Wednesday, that has always been the case (which is dumb of course).

Deques

Every monday there would be a week long sale. Usually with 15-20 games on sale and normally they'd all be associated with one publisher/developer.

Never mind.

I found it - http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=weeklongdeals

I definitely don't see week long deals anymore on the steam client though.

The way you asked it sounded like you were looking for publisher weekend deals

It looks like you got your answer anyway

On the subject of Bik, there's a soundtrack for the game available for $2.99, but when I looked at it on Steamdb it says it has a free on demand package. Anyone know what's going on there?

Ozium

Bik makes me think of Ubik which makes me want a point and click based on Ubik or any game based on a PKD work for that matter.

JaseC

On the subject of Bik, there's a soundtrack for the game available for $2.99, but when I looked at it on Steamdb it says it has a free on demand package. Anyone know what's going on there?

Probably an oversight. My guess would be that the devs plan on offering the OST for free in the future and aren't aware that people can already get it free-of-charge if the FoD sub exists and its status is set to 0 (available).

Yeah, the hate against Origins confused me too. It's great.

It isn't the original developers and almost always games made by someone out that the original developer gets hate unrelated to the quality of the game. I don't get it either because often to me, those games tend to be better. Like Bioshock 2 is the best Bioshock but its the only one not done by Irrational so it gets a lot of hate. Batman Origins is kinda like that.

Ozium

Probably an oversight. My guess would be that the devs plan on offering the OST for free in the future and aren't aware that people can already get it free-of-charge if the FoD sub exists and its status is set to 0 (available).

they are offering the soundtrack for two hundred and ninety nine american cents

why sell it but tell people it will be free in the future?

speaking of soundtracks I started up the first frederic chopin game and noticed two new launch options.. one for touch screen and the other for the soundtrack... when selecting the soudntrack it literally just opens up windows file explorer...

it shows up in steam music library as "OST" :/

Divius

Finished Alien:Isolation, quite a beefy campaign mode, damn. Did not expect it to be that lengthy. Loved most of the game as well. Recommended.

Ozium

Finished Alien:Isolation, quite a beefy campaign mode, damn. Did not expect it to be that lengthy. Loved most of the game as well. Recommended.

dat weyland yutani reveal, omg... and ellen's voice recording for her daughter... :(

edit: late to end of game spoilers do not read unless finished

Knurek

Bik makes me think of Ubik which makes me want a point and click based on Ubik or any game based on a PKD work for that matter.

Well, we had both a Blade Runner point and click game, and Ubik... dunno what exactly. Tactical strategy?
Westwood and Cryo, IIRC.

Ozium

Well, we had both a Blade Runner point and click game, and Ubik... dunno what exactly.
Westwood and Ubisoft, IIRC.

wait.. there's already a UBIK game?!

tactical strategy? um.. ok that seems a bit weird but OK..

I know about Blade Runner but that's like 50% PKD and 50% Ridley Scott... (I enjoyed the book a lot more and didn't see the movie until recently and didn't undertand the hype outside of the art direction and set design)

I guess there's also (crappy?) games for the Total Recall and Minority Report film adaptations..

I want a first person adventure game based on the three stigmata of palmer eldritch

Ozium

I want the alien isolation team to make a The Thing game. They could probably nail that great. Even though I like the old one.

They should make a game based on The Stuff

Or a Blade runner game. A predator game might be too far-fetched since the predator is so OP in the movies.

Predator could be done if you have pools of cold mud around that you could cover yourself in, of course it would disappear over time for some reason to keep up the tension... that or create some malarkey about a suit you wear... though maybe I'm remembering the movie wrong and the predator still sees cold things that are moving...

Jawmuncher

They should make a game based on The Stuff

A delicious mysterious goo that oozes from the Earth is marketed as the newest dessert sensation. But the tasty treat rots more than teeth when zombie-like snackers who only want to consume more of the strange substance at any cost begin infesting the world.

lol the hell. Would have to involve a hunger meter in some way.

Ozium

A delicious mysterious goo that oozes from the Earth is marketed as the newest dessert sensation. But the tasty treat rots more than teeth when zombie-like snackers who only want to consume more of the strange substance at any cost begin infesting the world.

lol the hell. Would have to involve a hunger meter in some way.

You should check it out if you haven't seen it.. Garrett Morris from old school SNL is in it.. it's a B movie that knows it's a B movie...

the first scene is of some guy (a miner I think) who sees this white goo seeping out of the ground and he decides to taste it and finds out that it tastes really good...

lol

it's not really full horror or full comedy, but a mixture of both.. I'd liken it to something like The Re-Animator in that regard.

oh yeah the first DA from Law and Order, Michael Moriarty is also in it and Paul Sorvino.. lol pretty decent cast for what it is... also has some good parody of 1980s consumerism

edit: it was on netflix streaming like a year ago when I still had it..

JaseC

they are offering the soundtrack for two hundred and ninety nine american cents

why sell it but tell people it will be free in the future?

Probably because the devs aren't aware that people can go snooping. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom