• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Okay, the XCOM yoyoing explained:
XCOM: EU is 67% off, as is all the DLC
XCOM: Complete is 75% off, which includes all of the above
XCOM: EU + The Bureau is 83% off

Looks like the Steam store has imploded from the freedom it has unleashed.

Oh yeah, I wasn't talking about the state of PA. I've heard some shady stuff there, so I'm definitely not going to defend it.

I was more addressing the comments they had on the game balance. Every RTS game is going to seem like a rush fest if you are taking your time to meticulously build up a base, while your opponent is rapidly expanding and building an army to crush you with. That doesn't make it devoid of strategy. The strategy is in how you manage your time and resources, as much as it is in unit placement. Especially the line about the game rewarding the player who "drew the quickest line through the content" was puzzling, because RTSs are focused on mastery rather than content.

Perhaps PA is less strategic than most games, but I wouldn't trust most reviewers to know the difference.
Hrm. I should have added "I agree with you, but:" or something to the front of my post, 'cuz what you're saying is true. That's why we need more than one reviewer we can trust, especially for niche gameplay interests.

My mistake. :/

It doesn't seem unfinished. The game isn't all that fun compared to TA or even Supreme commander but it seems feature complete. I know the promised DRM free version never showed up. Is that the missing feature?

As much as it may not seem like it, the offline version of the game that was promised (and has now been released) is a feature that shouldn't be "beyond the scope" of version 1.0, and the same can be said for the save anywhere feature or their ambitious replay feature. The truth is, Uber Entertainment wanted to hit PA v1.0 and avoid backlash about Kickstarting a second game before the first Kickstarted game was finished, and so they did. It was a very shady move, done to make their Kickstarter appear more legitimate and less cashgrab-y.

These sorts of moves reflect badly on Uber, and further harm the legitimacy of Kickstarter itself - especially in light of the known scams openly running Kickstarters.

KarmaCow

Injustice is 20GB, well fuck that I guess.

Did Payday previously have a free giveaway? I have it in my library but I don't really remember buying it.

No but it has been on sale for a dollar a couple times during the big sales. You might have picked it up then.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Man, Steam slowed to a crawl for the Payday giveaway.

I was working on a new Enhanced Steam feature, what do you guys think?

SvXgue5.png

KarmaCow

Yes it is, but it's cheaper to buy the XCOM Complete pack.

Sure it is.
(Unless you mean if you don't own the base game.)

Okay then, guess I'll just wait for Steam to unfuck itself then because I don't see the option across multiple browsers. All I see is the complete pack when clicking on it Enemy Within from the Enemy Unknown page.

edit: according to the package info it is cheaper to buy everything since the base price is $54 CAD, which makes no sense even if I could buy just Enemy Within.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

SvXgue5.png

I think it'll be a handy feature for a lot of people (although as the default moves to "disabled" perhaps superfluous in many cases, so I think in the future you'll probably switch from "Show where it's disabled" to "Show where it's enabled")--personally, since I don't participate in Russian trading, I'll have it turned off, but that's the beauty of enhanced Steam.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

My only issue so far with it is that it puts an awful lot of red on the page for games that don't play nice with anything:

r52cGSq.png

I think it'll be a handy feature for a lot of people (although as the default moves to "disabled" perhaps superfluous in many cases, so I think in the future you'll probably switch from "Show where it's disabled" to "Show where it's enabled")--personally, since I don't participate in Russian trading, I'll have it turned off, but that's the beauty of enhanced Steam.

I'm actually thinking of having this turned off by default since the average user isn't even going to know what this means. ;) So like a few other features, you'll have to specifically enable it in the options to see these warnings.

Huh. I apparently played 23 minutes of Payday 1 at some point... Which is weird, because I don't remember it at all.

I even got a couple achievements in it...

Fro all I know sometimes - well, actually in my experience it's what Steam store says the most of times - it's not possible to purchase DLCs of which one doesn't own the base game.

Steam doesn't allow you to buy DLC without owning the main game first. Unless you're purchasing a gift, that is. (Unless I'm terribly mistaken)

Standalone DLC will always be marked as such in the store - i.e. without the "DLC" marker on the store icon, and probably within the store page description itself.

Dr Dogg

SvXgue5.png

That's pretty smart. Be nice to eventually have all the vital info consolidated on the store page but that dream is probaly a long, long ways off. Are you pulling the info straight from the DB?

FloatOn

I seriously suggest you guys purchasing blade symphony. It's probably the closest thing to a modern bushido blade we will ever get.

Thorgal

I want to say you can use Steam Mover, but I'm also not sure if it isn't deprecated due to updates to the Steam client.

I...think you can delete everything in your Steam folder but the Steam.exe file and the SteamApps folder (which has all your games), and move them to where you want and then just run Steam.exe to reinstall Steam.

I think.

Can anyone confirm this works ?

Turfster

I seriously suggest you guys purchasing blade symphony. It's probably the closest thing to a modern bushido blade we will ever get.

Does their netplay actually work yet?
I mean, I've owned it since last winter sale, and it was impossible to play with anyone =p

A City Sleeps is now available. I don't know if this is old news but it wasn't for me at least! It's from Harmonix.
I was interested, until I remembered it's a bullet hell shooter.
all the nopes =p

dex3108

My only issue so far with it is that it puts an awful lot of red on the page for games that don't play nice with anything:

r52cGSq.png

I'm actually thinking of having this turned off by default since the average user isn't even going to know what this means. ;) So like a few other features, you'll have to specifically enable it in the options to see these warnings.

Any chance to add it in customize menu or to change color to gray for example (when something is disabled it is usually grayed out :D)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can anyone confirm this works ?

Just move your entire Steam folder to the other drive. You shouldn't need to reinstall, but if for some reason you do, delete everything except the steamapps/userdata folders and Steam.exe, then run said exe.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Kurt Russell, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

KONUNG 2 -- MB-3B8EDA24B8AD3F32 - Taken by Ruruja. 2 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-95813905FC539640 - Taken by 19Kilo. 1 entrants total.
KONUNG 3: TIES OF THE DYNASTY -- MB-1204C9BD674C80EB - Taken by Knurek. 2 entrants total.

t1413483972z1.png

Previous free weekend during Payday 2 launch?
I would believe that.

Currently downloading... I hope it doesn't disappoint.

A City Sleeps is now available. I don't know if this is old news but it wasn't for me at least! It's from Harmonix.
Releasing a new game today is almost as unfortunate as Strike Vector not joining in the free weekend hullabaloo.

KarmaCow

Payday 2 DLC was even cheaper than expected, I got a key for the assault pack but it costs barely a ToD ticket. It's actually cheaper to just buy it flat out than pumping $5 into my Steam Wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom