• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsylumX

About The Baconing, on the plus side, now I own all 3 games on Steam that I had on the PS3 (well, still missing the Baconing DLC, I'll get it one day), on the neg side... why? Why call it simply The Baconing? Why not... I don't know... let me think hard about it... DeathSpank: The Baconing? So that it would fit with Deathspank and DeathSpank: Thongs Of Virtue?

If that makes you mad, take a look at penny arcade's RPGs... It's madness...

Dr Dogg

ugh...brain cells dying...from...that evil within...eurogamer 1080 thread...must...stop...reading...itchy...scratchy...

Well Tango are coping a load of flack but I get the feeling from some of the promotional vids that it's not exactly the most ideal situation and engine they would have wanted to use. I guess their hands were tied on that one. Maybe ZeniMax didn't want to spend time, recourse and money on letting them develop something proprietary or maybe they wanted to target as many platforms as cheaply and easy as possible? Who know.

Also I feel sorry for Durante. Every time a game comes out that doesn't meet up to some peoples technical standards out comes the Durante signal.

Does Enhanced Steam not show the new region prices yet? Found out on steamdb that payday 2 is cheaper in asia and region free would be nice to see those prices on enhanced steam too :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
will i be able to gift people stuff tho?

Nope. :(

Notice: Gift purchases for Watch_Dogs can only be added to the gift recipient's library if they are in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Bahamas, Belize, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Paraguay, Suriname, El Salvador, Uruguay and Venezuela.

Arthea

how come so many people don't have payday yet, wasn't it on sale many times for something like 2€?

store is struggling
oh wait, it's not only payday, it's free weekend for all those games too

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does Enhanced Steam not show the new region prices yet? Found out on steamdb that payday 2 is cheaper in asia and region free would be nice to see those prices on enhanced steam too :)

It supports those regions, but you have to add which regions you'd like to see compared in the extension settings.

In the next update, the Chrome version will allow you to set any number of regions you would like (more than 9).

Arthea

i'm trying to figure out if this no trading thing is racist or not lol

definitely racist!
It assumes that people from those regions have no friends nor need to gift games (><)

edited: anybody bought 100% Orange Juice dlc? Are those new cards worth it? and have new characters singleplay missions too?

Gintoki

So chubigans posted this image in this thread

CSD_charactertease_GAF.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
company of heroes 2 DLC is super confusing. some is under Company of Heroes 2, some is under COH 2, some is stand alone...

I just want the missions, not extra units or any of that bullshit :(

Arthea

Let's boicot Steam and move to GOG

I'm considering it, but at this point... I already have at least 5 times more games on steam than on gog... and I blame Jasec!

to clarify: I can gift games, but I don't like that such a big part of the world can't gift me games, that sucks

zkylon

zkylewd
that's crazy, i didn't really care so much for the russian prices thingie cos i don't really buy that many new games but this is pretty depressing

could've at least made it so that if the price is the same in both regions or something

it's not like i don't pay exactly the same as everyone else already -_-

FloatOn

maybe I'll get over my aversion to furry related things and play Dust one day.

that art style just offends me on every level though.

Arthea

maybe I'll get over my aversion to furry related things and play Dust one day.

that art style just offends me on every level though.

I feel we already talked about it enough in the past, but again... seriously in no way art style can offend you, that's simply not possible.
It's like saying that a game beat you with stick and pulled out your hair. (><)

Tecl0n

that's crazy, i didn't really care so much for the russian prices thingie cos i don't really buy that many new games but this is pretty depressing

could've at least made it so that if the price is the same in both regions or something

it's not like i don't pay exactly the same as everyone else already -_-

Maybe they'll give us new, juicier, regional pricing....they won't.

It supports those regions, but you have to add which regions you'd like to see compared in the extension settings.

In the next update, the Chrome version will allow you to set any number of regions you would like (more than 9).
Awesome added the ones i usually use, is there no way to add all the prices from steamdb or would it take too long to load?

JaseC

What Valve should have done for South America and South-east Asia is that which it did for Eastern Europe: comparable USD prices for regions whose local currencies are not supported.

JustinBB7

Wait what? So I can't gift my friend something who lives in Hong Kong? (I'm in Holland) Guess all EU gifts bought will only work within EU..

That's pretty bullshit..

JaseC

What if I just genuinely wanted to gift the game outside of those regions, and was even willing to pay their local cost to gift it to them? That pisses me off if I can't do that since I like gifting

PayPal them the money or send over Steam Wallet funds (assuming Valve will allow cross-region wallet trading).

Wait what? So I can't gift my friend something who lives in Hong Kong? (I'm in Holland) Guess all EU gifts bought will only work within EU..

That's pretty bullshit..

Holland isn't in Eastern Europe.

Salsa

also; if I cant send or recieve gifts to other regions anymore (is that in effect for south america yet) im pretty much done with Steam to this degree

I have like 5 steam friends in SA

FloatOn

I feel we already talked about it enough in the past, but again... seriously in no way art style can offend you, that's simply not possible.
It's like saying that a game beat you with stick and pulled out your hair. (><)

there was this one time in italy this futurist composer made music so offensive to the listeners that they started rioting:

After completing his noise generators, Russolo and his painter ally Ugo Piatti staged the first concert. Riots broke out at most of the performances, as they had for the unveiling of Stravinsky’s Rite of Spring. The differences, however, between Stravinsky and Russolo lie in their approaches to sound as something either to be recovered or discovered.

http://www.hydramag.com/2010/08/27/...t-of-noise-revolutionized-20th-century-music/

on a fundamental level any type of art that tries to make itself look so sugary cute that it could be found in a coloring book for 3 year olds is something that I don't want to look at.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
also; if I cant send or recieve gifts to other regions anymore (is that in effect for south america yet) im pretty much done with Steam to this degree

It's already in effect but only if the subscription you're purchasing has AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting set to false. The default value for new releases is false.

Of course, developers can go in and specifically enable it if they're feeling generous.

That Injustice deal is disappointing. Its been $7.50 like 20 times recently, so it's hard to jump on it at that price. Now I don't think I'll buy anything from this free weekend.

Salsa

prices in South America are literally the same as the US with like 2 exceptions (rockstar and 2K games tend to go for $45 on release opposed to $60 in the US) so there's really no need for this at all other than being a fucking downer for users

we don't get those crazy eastern europe prices; we get literally the same as the US

JaseC

I have like 5 steam friends in SA

AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting being disabled doesn't mean you're limited to receiving gifts within South America; it's just that any ACRTAG-locked games you send to international users will be region-locked.

Still got leftovers - take them all:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-A9ADEDB8BE09C044 - Taken by dave is ok
Metal Planet -- MB-90E410DD463790E6 - Taken by anastef
PGP3OVL.png
Defender's Quest (GOG) -- MB-621B4D17E7BDA583 - Taken by jshackles
SpaceChem -- MB-3950D05F6C4F112A - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Tropico 3 -- MB-2B43AF298D900073 - Taken by Monumma
Crash Time II -- MB-9013BCC252BA0E4E - Taken by Zia

zkylon

zkylewd
cmon

which developer's gonna go out of their way to allow people to buy it 5x cheaper from russian traders

i'll really look into growing my gog library again. not being able to gift people stuff really lowers my attachment to my steam account

Salsa

so I can recieve gifts from the US but not gift myself

wat

why

how does this fix anything

i've gifted stuff cause it was cheaper here through paypal once; when bioshock infinite came out

JaseC

Is there a refund period for buying gifts? I am now afraid of buying a gift copy of a game that I see on someone's wishlist, trying to send it to them, and then finding out that they're in another region.

There's supposed to be:

refundy8fax.jpg

But unless something has changed recently, the automatic refund feature doesn't actually apply to unused gifts and Support refuses to acknowledge the phrasing. Your only hope here is if local legislation entitles you to a refund, in which case you can cite it in your ticket.

Some stuff I didn't think warrented Modbot:

LandMark Beta key

Alien: Isolation 25% off Season Pass GMG voucher

XCOM: Enemy Within 80% off GMG voucher

Shadows of Mordor 25% off Season Pass GMG voucher

Salsa

oh, right. This is all Brazil's fault.

they're the ones with the cheaper prices cause they have their own steam currency (every other latin american country works with USD) but the entire south american region gets fucked

zkylon

zkylewd
no, you can receive and give gifts from anywhere to anywhere

as long as the publisher deliberately decides to allow it

because it's disallowed by default

lol

oh, right. This is all Brazil's fault.

they're the ones with the cheaper prices cause they have their own steam currency (every other latin american country works with USD) so the entire region gets fucked
well if anything i'd say it's valve's fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom