• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great--still the best, even--but even I'll admit it had issues.

Oh, no, that's not what I meant. I absolutely agree that it had issues, but it proves that a game isn't crap simply because it's developed by Bethesda.

We can't act like Obsidian is god's gift to PC gaming either. Both Bethesda and Obsidian have their own issues, but, strangely, they tend to not overlap.

Really, we just need a collaboration between Bethesda and Obsidian and we might end up with a decent game.

Jørdan

lessons learned from New Vegas? Why was Skyrim so shallow again? :p
That's what I did for Skyrim and New Vegas...

It was already in development and it takes time for design decisions to brew, take stock of previous games and find how best to move forward. Although I think Todd Howard takes reductionism to far at times.

Morrowind had many flaws - some critical in vanilla, none of them prevent the games strongest elements from making it one of the most intriguing and beautifully crafted worlds in the genre.

zkylon

zkylewd
Jørdan;134676316 said:
Fallout 4 then TES VI, both main titles by Bethesda. Obsidian won't get a main title but may be offered a spin off as they were with New Vegas. #truthfact

i'd be fine with this

i don't care about the name, i just want good games to be made

Miguel81

Morrowind might be a hard sell to ES newcomers, even if just due to the combat. It was a lot easier to overlook back in 2004 when I played. How did I tolerate the horrid XBOX loading anyway, it was minute long for the GOTY every single time you died.

Li Kao

Man I know Killing Floor is a classic but even at discount, screenshots are so repulsive and tasteless. I'm torn. I'm sure the coop is fun. But man...

Edit - Oh god, I'm stupid, it's a free weekend, let's try it.

Oh, no, that's not what I meant. I absolutely agree that it had issues, but it proves that a game isn't crap simply because it's developed by Bethesda.
Oh, I wasn't saying they make crap games. I love their games for the most part. Just... Skyrim went in a direction I don't particularly care for. At least not a direction I like in Elder Scrolls.

We can't act like Obsidian is god's gift to PC gaming either. Both Bethesda and Obsidian have their own issues, but, strangely, they tend to not overlap.
Yeah, Obsidian games definitely tend to have their own issues. Hopefully Pillars of Eternity is polished though. And I haven't played South Park yet so I dunno how they did there.

Really, we just need a collaboration between Bethesda and Obsidian and we might end up with a decent game.
Monkey's Paw time: It ends up having the flaws from both. D:
Jørdan;134680018 said:
It was already in development and it takes time for design decisions to brew, take stock of previous games and find how best to move forward. Although I think Todd Howard takes reductionism to far at times.
Yeah, I know that, it's jut fun to prod at them from time to time. To top it off I don't think Bethesda really paid all that much attention to New Vegas while it was in development anyway.
Morrowind had many flaws - some critical in vanilla, none of them prevent the games strongest elements from making it one of the most intriguing and beautifully crafted worlds in the genre.
I definitely agree. I think Skyrim definitely came close to the right balance, it just had some flawed foundations. I haven't done a modded playthrough of it, so I dunno if any of it is fixable or even feasibly fixed.

To be honest, I tend to day one Elder Scrolls games (that aren't TESO), so even if I dislike it I support Bethesda in the hopes that I'll like what they've done. I usually get a pretty decent product, I think.

zkylon

zkylewd

i don't think i care for anything that bethesda could contribute to the project except maybe money

i'd rather see bioware + obsidian

so basically bioware comes up with the universe and obs fool proofs it

or something

or maybe cd project having obs design a bunch of quests for them

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im rolling my eyes so much tonight, they might pop out of their sockets

Skyrim is the best RPG of the last decade and deserves all the praise it gets, also, the combat is excellent and all of you who say otherwise are wrong.

gave you guys something to talk about for the rest of the night, later im going to bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

FloatOn

Lol bioinf is the call of duty of the Bioshock series.

you are on point tonight sir

54546-Cheers-Toast-gif-OLQT.gif

rtcn63

I still don't get Vox weapons. They were just useless compared to their banal counterparts. Should've just given us a crossbow that kills the grandfather of any enemy it pierces, undoing their existence.

rtcn63

What was the point of putting all of the stuff in garbage cans, anyway? Did Ken ever explain these things.

To contribute in showing how privileged and pretentious the denizens of Columbia were- they'd throw out perfectly good consumables, money, and ammunition just to prove they could, that their society would endure despite their overtly wasteful actions.

Booker was hugely into Heathcliff cartoons when he was perpetually shitfaced

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
What was the point of putting all of the stuff in garbage cans, anyway? Did Ken ever explain these things.
The garbage was a metaphor for the game itself. You just kept digging into the garbage can until you hit the bottom and then you realized you had just been eating garbage the whole time.

FloatOn

I'm crashing at a friend's house tonight and I'm trying to play fucking plants vs zombies and it won't launch because it says I'm playing something else at my house.

1, that's not true

2, I have the option to end the session and I do but then it just says the game is installing

wtffffffff

I just want to play something mindless before going to bed. I took a final tonight

Li Kao

Payday 2 - 13GB
Payday 2 with all paid DLC - 30GB

Boy, that escalated quickly. And I didn't even download the free DLC yet.

iosefe

I'm seriously contemplating going on a murderous rampage throughout Cyseal in divinity: Original Sin.

gimme 2 reasons not to

It's times like these I'm glad that I can find joy in so many games that all you folks like to trash day in and day out. I thoroughly enjoyed Fallout 3, Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim, Serious Sam and everything else that keeps popping up in these threads.

I'm seriously contemplating going on a murderous rampage throughout Cyseal in divinity: Original Sin.

gimme 2 reasons not to

I tried it once. Every living creature in the town became hostile to me.. Yes, every creature, including livestock. I can only imagine how much of a headache it would be to kill everything.

FloatOn

It's times like these I'm glad that I can find joy in so many games that all you folks like to trash day in and day out. I thoroughly enjoyed Fallout 3, Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim, Serious Sam and everything else that keeps popping up in these thread.

video games are super serious business

Li Kao

It's 14GB.

You mean steam lied to me and I could have installed Payday 2 on the SSD. OK. I'm not mad.
By the way weren't there a Payday 2 group to join in order to unlock things ? Memory is fuzzy and I can't for the life of me join the group. When I join what looks like the group it doesn't appear in "My groups".

Miguel81

It's times like these I'm glad that I can find joy in so many games that all you folks like to trash day in and day out. I thoroughly enjoyed Fallout 3, Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim, Serious Sam and everything else that keeps popping up in these threads.

Being sequels, it seems like it's due to expectations from loving previous titles in the series, and then being let down tremendously with the new releases.

madjoki

You mean steam lied to me and I could have installed Payday 2 on the SSD. OK. I'm not mad.
By the way weren't there a Payday 2 group to join in order to unlock things ? Memory is fuzzy and I can't for the life of me join the group. When I join what looks like the group it doesn't appear in "My groups".

It appears under followed games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom