• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only just seen the GMG E-Mail for XCOM, gah! I used a different E-Mail address when signing up for the Playfire account than what I used to register my vote, will that be ok? Or do the 2 need the same E-Mail address in order to receive the free game?

Miguel81

or in the case of asscreed the first game is so bad I won't bother with the rest

The first one is actually my favorite. More so for the general mystery, the locations, and the fact that assassination missions are at the forefront. I can see why part II is much more cherished, though.

rtcn63

The first one is actually my favorite. More so for the general mystery, the locations, and the fact that assassination missions are at the forefront. I can see why part II is much more cherished, though.

Hitman Absolution was a better assassin game than AC1.

Li Kao

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. I installed Speedfan to see if my MSI 970 has the fan problem derExperte talked about (the PC is a little on the noisy side these days), and... looks like it's the CPU that's going fusion on me.

What can I conclude from that ? Maybe that's normal, I don't know, but 84c and 1060RPM...

YApMq3d.jpg

was it fun though?

Well it was amusing to see even the cows turning hostile.

But no, it wasn't really fun. I did it at a very low level and the fight was exhausting and virtually impossible to win.

Being sequels, it seems like it's due to expectations from loving previous titles in the series, and then being let down tremendously with the new releases.

I suppose that's true. I won't pretend any of those games were flawless but I do manage to enjoy them even if I don't think they're as good as their predecessors. I certainly don't think they deserve some of the hyperbolic criticism that is leveled against them but hey that's what keeps the conversation interesting.

I remember the game not letting me attack Arhu for some reason. He wouldn't aggro or something, and some person wanted his Sailor Moon ass dead so.

You have to damage him for a while before he goes hostile. Maybe a dozen or so attacks.

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. I installed Speedfan to see if my MSI 970 has the fan problem derExperte talked about (the PC is a little on the noisy side these days), and... looks like it's the CPU that's going fusion on me.

What can I conclude from that ? Maybe that's normal, I don't know, but 84c and 1060RPM...

YApMq3d.jpg

Don't trust it... go to the "Charts" tab and check out the temps on the individual cores.

Better yet just use Real Temp.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's times like these I'm glad that I can find joy in so many games that all you folks like to trash day in and day out. I thoroughly enjoyed Fallout 3, Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim, Serious Sam and everything else that keeps popping up in these threads.
Every game should be made for me and my impeccable tastes. That is why I shit on everything.

Hitman Absolution was a better assassin game than AC1.
This is true. Ass 1 was an action game.

iosefe

I remember the game not letting me attack Arhu for some reason. He wouldn't aggro or something, and some person wanted his Sailor Moon ass dead so.
i would assume trying to steal from him will aggro
Well it was amusing to see even the cows turning hostile.

But no, it wasn't really fun. I did it at a very low level and the fight was exhausting and virtually impossible to win.

well, i'm currently in the middle of my rampage, level 4 ish.

going well so far. i started at the docks with Conrad

*edit* Sergeant Curtius ended my spree

Annubis

Don't trust it... go to the "Charts" tab and check out the temps on the individual cores.

Still, 84°C at rest (I see minimal CPU usage) is really bad.

1000 RPM for a CPU fan is still low, it should be able to hit 3600 no problem.
In comparison, my computer is currently on low usage (browser and passive apps) and my CPU is at 38°C with the CPU fan going at 2806 RPM.

Li Kao

In comparison, my computer is currently on low usage (browser and passive apps) and my CPU is at 38°C with the CPU fan going at 2806 RPM.

Ok so I don't have to worry about the CPU fan.
On the temp front SpeedFan still gives me a flame and 84c but here are the results Charts / RealTemp :

Thank you for any help. I'm not used to using soft like these.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's the most Assassin game in the series, before AssCreed took over. Never played Absolution btw, as that series never clicked with me.

What he is saying is that even the hitman game that does the least hitmaning is still a better assassin game than the most assassin assassin's creed

Annubis

On the temp front SpeedFan still gives me a flame and 84c but here are the results Charts / RealTemp :

I guess opticalmace is right, I don't get where speedfan got that 84°C since it seems 47°C was the highest you went.
47°C is OK though a bit high if you're not doing anything.

Try launching a really graphical game (windowed or borderless) and watch your temperatures by alt-tabbing to those applications (don't minimize the game, it needs to be actively rendering)

MattyG

Banned
I have the following Payday 2 DLCs in my cart right now; Armored Transport, Mod Courier, Big Bank, and Hotline Miami. I pretty much avoided the weapons because I'll be fine with the default ones. Are there any packs I'm missing that are pretty much necessary? Or are these pretty much all the ones worth getting?

rookiejet

Aww yeah my new mechanical keyboard is in. Its a rosewill helios cherry mx brown. At 95 bucks its quite a steal imo.

first it's "click click click click" and you're like
chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png

then it starts chattering and you're like, "fuckkk mmmy liffe "

the rosewill seems pretty good though, so you probably won't run into any problems

rtcn63

I sometimes regret getting a keyboard with blue switches. My entire apartment can hear it at night, which is the only time I'm focused enough to write decent erotic Twilight fan fiction. So I've had to scale back.

_hekk05

Banned
I dont think I can ever have a mechanical keyboard. Having a normal keyboard clicking is enough. I don't think I can handle extra loud.

They're browns, so they're not that loud.

As I'm typing this my fingers are literally orgasming. Literally.

It's also backlit. Pretty good for the price. Just gotta get used to the actuation force.

I sometimes regret getting a keyboard with blue switches. My entire apartment can hear it at night, which is the only time I'm focused enough to write decent erotic Twilight fan fiction. So I've had to scale back.
I've used blues, and they do feel nice but they're loud as hell. I might get browns on the next keyboard I get.

Ozium

I've never understood the point of a backlight on a keyboard... just adds to the cost and doesn't give anything beneficial...

like.. who actually looks at their keyboard while typing/using it, etc.

Levyne

Banned
I've never understood the point of a backlight on a keyboard... just adds to the cost and doesn't give anything beneficial...

Mine has a really dim red backlight, I enjoy having the keys light up a little bit

Miguel81

It comes in handy for the out-of-the-way keys that you haven't memorized or haven't got a good feel for, and some folk need to look down for those. I don't use one myself, though. Just sayin'

Khronico

Managed to buy all the payday 2 dlc minus the music and hot line Miami packs via the mobile app and BOY was that a rough experience. Originally I added all the dlc to cart and tried to remove the stuff I didn't want, but you can't seem to remove items from your cart in the app. I had to clear the cache of the app and then manually add each dlc I wanted which took forever! Steam app for android is just not that great.

Shadownet

Banned
They're browns, so they're not that loud.
As I'm typing this my fingers are literally orgasming. Literally.
It's also backlit. Pretty good for the price. Just gotta get used to the actuation force.

$95 you said? I spent $20 on my Logitech keyboard and I'm enjoying it a lot. I can understand the quality of a nice keyboard but $95 is just so much money for one. D: maybe $50. But i'm glad you're enjoying it though :) i know those things run over $100.

_hekk05

Banned

If I take my fingers off my keyboard in the dark, I'm gonna have a bad time trying to find the right keys. Most of the time I just press all the keys 1 key to the right of what I actually want to type. Now its slightly easier.

Also it looks sexy

$95 you said? I spent $20 on my Logitech keyboard and I'm enjoying it a lot. I can understand the quality of a nice keyboard but $95 is just so much money for one. D: maybe $50. But i'm glad you're enjoying it though :) i know those things run over $100.

I could probably get blues for about 60 bucks(no backlight), but I didn't want to torture my roommates.

Jawmuncher

I like my LED keyboard.
while you can see with the monitor. The added illumintion helps a lot.
I can type without looking at the keyboard pretty proficiently, but I still take a gander once in awhile.

Your temps are good. Maybe a little high at idle, but that would depend on what cooler you're using. Try seeing how hot they get at full load, as long as it's mid-70s or lower I wouldn't worry at all.

Aye, my point though was that I didn't believe the 84C reading. My SpeedFan reads 124C. :lol

wilflare

Amazon has them on sale from time to time. those by Coolermaster for around 50/60 I think

my friend bought them back in 2012 (when I was in US for exchange)

Grief.exe

Check out Coolermaster and Rosewill. They are cheaper mechanicals, but I believe they actually use high-end OEMs if I remember correctly.

You really can't go back to membrane boards after getting a mechanical.

i'd buy the disco lights razer chroma if it'd fit on my standing desk

RZR_BWUltChroma_TopV01_678x452.jpg

maximum gaudiness, baby, 'coz I'm a g4m3r

Razer products are analogous to headsets, you are paying a high-end price for a low-end product.

Go with DAS, WASD, or Ducky if you are looking at the high-end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom