• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

And here I thought america would ban it. I mean, a thuggish girl als protagonist beating up a poor old white man? That's just brutal.

But she's not Indian...

Chivalry is 75% off until the 23rd
Bik keys are up for Groupees Remute Retro Rampage
Survivor Squad is 80% off on their own site

As some of you might know or not know, I just got accepted into neogaf after over a year or two of wait. To celebrate, I thought it would be appropriate to do a giveaway! Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TheAutomator, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tomb Raider Collection -- MB-C060E7FE34331132 - Taken by Jadax. 36 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Tomb Raider Collection was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1413502633z1.png

Tomb Raider Collection (ROW)
Includes 36 items: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Lara Croft GoL: All the Trappings - Challenge Pack 1, Lara Croft GoL: Hazardous Reunion - Challenge Pack 3, Lara Croft GoL: Raziel and Kain Character Pack, Lara Croft GoL: Things that Go Boom - Challenge Pack 2, Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider I, Tomb Raider II, Tomb Raider III, Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation, Tomb Raider V: Chronicles, Tomb Raider VI: The Angel of Darkness, Tomb Raider: 1939 Multiplayer Map Pack, Tomb Raider: Agency SPS 12, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Tomb Raider: Aviatrix Skin, Tomb Raider: Caves and Cliffs Multiplayer Map Pack, Tomb Raider: Demolition Skin, Tomb Raider: Fisherman, Tomb Raider: Guerilla Skin, Tomb Raider: Hunter Skin, Tomb Raider: HX AP-15, Tomb Raider: JAGD P22G, Tomb Raider: Legend, Tomb Raider: M590 12ga, Tomb Raider: Mountaineer Skin, Tomb Raider: Scavenger Bandit, Tomb Raider: Scavenger Executioner, Tomb Raider: Scavenger Scout, Tomb Raider: Shanty Town, Tomb Raider: Shipwrecked Multiplayer Map Pack, Tomb Raider: Silverballer, Tomb Raider: STG 58 Elite, Tomb Raider: Sure-Shot Skin, Tomb Raider: Tomb of the Lost Adventurer, Tomb Raider: Underworld

As some of you might know or not know, I just got accepted into neogaf after over a year or two of wait. To celebrate, I thought it would be appropriate to do a giveaway! Enjoy!

Includes 36 items: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Lara Croft GoL: All the Trappings - Challenge Pack 1, Lara Croft GoL: Hazardous Reunion - Challenge Pack 3, Lara Croft GoL: Raziel and Kain Character Pack, Lara Croft GoL: Things that Go Boom - Challenge Pack 2, Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider I, Tomb Raider II, Tomb Raider III, Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation, Tomb Raider V: Chronicles, Tomb Raider VI: The Angel of Darkness, Tomb Raider: 1939 Multiplayer Map Pack, Tomb Raider: Agency SPS 12, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Tomb Raider: Aviatrix Skin, Tomb Raider: Caves and Cliffs Multiplayer Map Pack, Tomb Raider: Demolition Skin, Tomb Raider: Fisherman, Tomb Raider: Guerilla Skin, Tomb Raider: Hunter Skin, Tomb Raider: HX AP-15, Tomb Raider: JAGD P22G, Tomb Raider: Legend, Tomb Raider: M590 12ga, Tomb Raider: Mountaineer Skin, Tomb Raider: Scavenger Bandit, Tomb Raider: Scavenger Executioner, Tomb Raider: Scavenger Scout, Tomb Raider: Shanty Town, Tomb Raider: Shipwrecked Multiplayer Map Pack, Tomb Raider: Silverballer, Tomb Raider: STG 58 Elite, Tomb Raider: Sure-Shot Skin, Tomb Raider: Tomb of the Lost Adventurer, Tomb Raider: Underworld

Thats really generous of you. Wont enter, but welcome to SteamGAF :)

Kiru

I'm only missing that huge amount of DLC (Square Enix... -.-') so I won't enter
Welcome to GAF!

Jawmuncher

Congrats and great giveaway.
Now we wait to see what your avatar will be.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
nice price on Saints

and it bodes repeating, Styx is all sorts of good, and BY FAR the best Cyanide game. These levels are ridiculously big and well designed

Shadownet

Banned
Welcome to SteamGAF where everyone is cheap and no one play any games, yet we still jump at a chance to get another +1.
Also here's an important tip. If you're going to quote anyone. Edit it so you only quote what you're responding to. No need to quote everything if you're only going to respond to one part.

It's like my biggest pet peeve on here when people quote the entire essay only to respond to one little part.
Congrats and great giveaway.
Now we wait to see what your avatar will be.

Here is what I found when I googled "Automator"

Guys, today the most amazing thing happened to me in Borderlands 2!

In order to get all the achievements, you must kill the raid bosses of all the DLC and the main story. I've been playing solo most of the game, but since I want to eventually play other games (although I love BL, can't wait to play The Pre-Sequel) I decided to look for randoms to play with.

Well, after half an hour of joining matches and killing Terramorphus, I decide to open a room since everyone else was trying to kill The Warrior (or getting to him). And lo and behold, a lvl 72 joins my game out of nowhere. First thing he says? "Want some free shit? xD" And boom, 4 lvls 50-53 pearlescents, because why not? Guy was super friendly, but I didn't understand why he'd join my game since the bosses were supposed to scale based on the party's highest level…

Nope! I don't understand why, but they were always just 2 levels above mine. Guy just fucking wrecked them, in fact when approaching Voracidus I was selling some stuff in the nearby selling machine and once I closed the menu he had already killed him :lol. I guess he was trying to find legendaries for other lvl 50 characters, and I guess he kept any legendaries to himself since I didn't see any of the 4 raid bosses drop one, but dude just saved me like 10 hours of additional playtime if I tried to solo each of them, trying to farm the appropriate build…

So, wherever you are, THANK YOU super awesome level 72 dude! In less than an hour we had already killed every raid boss. Considering this was my first attempt at beating them, it simply couldn't have gone better! This has probably been my best experience with online randoms in any game, I just can't believe how lucky I was...

Dr Dogg

Stupid Alien jerk! That first appearance caught me off guard then I proceeded to take it very, very, very, very slowly for the next couple of rooms and it wasn't even bloody there. I can this is going to be 'fun' when I get further in.

Welcome aboard!

Oh man, I love how Australian Borderlands The Pre-Sequel is.
It's so nice hearing ACTUAL Aussie accents in games and not Steve Blum destroying my ears attempting to do an aussie accent.

Love how it's also got a lot of aussie vibes to it, Oxygen Kits are called Oz Kits, and certain locations are what you'd expect to find certain aussie places called like Burra burra.

Grief.exe

Guys, today the most amazing thing happened to me in Borderlands 2!

In order to get all the achievements, you must kill the raid bosses of all the DLC and the main story. I've been playing solo most of the game, but since I want to eventually play other games (although I love BL, can't wait to play The Pre-Sequel) I decided to look for randoms to play with.

Well, after half an hour of joining matches and killing Terramorphus, I decide to open a room since everyone else was trying to kill The Warrior (or getting to him). And lo and behold, a lvl 72 joins my game out of nowhere. First thing he says? "Want some free shit? xD" And boom, 4 lvls 50-53 pearlescents, because why not? Guy was super friendly, but I didn't understand why he'd join my game since the bosses were supposed to scale based on the party's highest level…

Nope! I don't understand why, but they were always just 2 levels above mine. Guy just fucking wrecked them, in fact when approaching Voracidus I was selling some stuff in the nearby selling machine and once I closed the menu he had already killed him :lol. I guess he was trying to find legendaries for other lvl 50 characters, and I guess he kept any legendaries to himself since I didn't see any of the 4 raid bosses drop one, but dude just saved me like 10 hours of additional playtime if I tried to solo each of them, trying to farm the appropriate build…

So, wherever you are, THANK YOU super awesome level 72 dude! In less than an hour we had already killed every raid boss. Considering this was my first attempt at beating them, it simply couldn't have gone better! This has probably been my best experience with online randoms in any game, I just can't believe how lucky I was...

You can always look him up in the recent players section and add him. You will find it in the steam overlay.

nice price on Saints

and it bodes repeating, Styx is all sorts of good, and BY FAR the best Cyanide game. These levels are ridiculously big and well designed

Good to see Cyanide kind of come to age with Styx. They have always had great ideas, but poor execution.

zkylon

zkylewd
Why not have two/I] main characters, one male and one female, and switch between them as the story progresses? Maybe they're partners, and one's doing things offscreen while you're controlling the other. Or maybe let the player select at the start of the game, and have things play out a little differently depending on who you chose (it'd be more work, but it'd also add replay value!) Just spitballing here.

nah like, for "budgetary" reasons i need to cut back on as much optional stuff as possible and just make replayability come from multiple approaches and solutions, secrets, etc.

i also don't want something like broken age where you have two interesting characters but they only get half screen time

but who knows, so far down the line that everything might change. might never even be done

well like, two things:

1) nah like, while i'm a total obs fangirl i for sure think they're far from perfect and can name tons of mistakes in all their games. the problem with the fo3/new vegas thing is that what obsidian did to it elevated it to an actual game with like actual quests and stats that matter and systems and a generally fun story with cool characters and all that. some of this is subjective but some of this is not, quest design and systems design is not really something you can debate like "world building" or how likable the characters are. those things are very important, being able to solve quests in multiple ways and making different builds rewarding (as much as it can be done in fo3's terrible combat system), reputation instead of karma, iron sights so i don't have to ever endure vats anymore (seriously that system is ughhh) and generally all the additions of hardcore mode do make the difference and you can't really argue with that.

and like you're talking about meticulous worldbuilding when talking about a game that has a town made up of two people doing like nuka cola tours and another town of all childrens that somehow lived for 200 years even tho they were kicking everyone as soon as they reached puberty. or like some random huff heffner dude with sex slaves or something -_-

both games have stupid out-of-place shit, i'm surprised you'd talk about that when new vegas actually goes through the trouble of adding a tons of details on how its world works with like every town having ways of getting water and food and having economies and political systems and all that.

like, so did fallout 2 aka my favorite game ever, with like scientologists and chess-playing radscorpions and shit. the problem with fo3 is that most if not all its systems are half-baked and it's a dialogue-heavy game with very bad dialogue (which can be argued i guess but i really don't think it is). new vegas fixes lots of this stuff, which is why it's a good game and fo3 is not.

like ozium i think put it, fo3 is a walking simulator, new vegas in a rpg. both have shitty combat but hey what can you do

2) "what I like is incontrovertibly awesome and what I don't like is factually shit". i never said that tho. i already said i think games i like (like ass creed) are actually pretty shit and i often note there are games that are just not for me (fighting games, rtses, basically most multiplayer games past making waifus). but when i think a game's awful i say it and when i think a game's great i say it too. and if i can be snarky about it well i just can't help myself <3

like i said there are redeeming qualities to beth's games, but that doesn't make them not bad.

now like just pretend i said "imo" before each post if it helps, wouldn't dream of hurting you baby :p

or is this some boobs thing <3

Colour me interested.
don't be too interested tho, it might not even happen

which is why i don't like saying too much

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Huh, I didn't realise that Raven's Cry had been pushed back six weeks, to late November. I was looking forward to seeing how it compares to Black Flag.

Arthea

how often do we get keys that expire? do all of them expire?
It's second time I got "a key expired" in Desura and I just forgot to add them, it was barely a month... seems harsh.

edited: welcome Automator
I see modbot is recruiting his army, for what end?

Knurek

FFXIII is all kinds of awesome, even if it's chugging at best.
Press A for Awesome section has ended a few hours ago, now the game is frequently kicking my butt (that Odin fight!).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Good to see Cyanide kind of come to age with Styx. They have always had great ideas, but poor execution.

completely agree, and so far, this has good (if unoriginal) ideas and good execution (well, apart from the usual euro jank of clipping through walls and whatnot)

the level size and design is NOT what one would expect from a budget title thats for sure, these things are gigantic, Im kinda wondering how big the game is tbh, because not only are they intricate, they are varried aswell (again, so far)

edit: as much as I didnt like Of Orcs and Men, I still want to give Game of Thrones (the rpg not the RTS) a try, is that them or Spiders, I always get them mixed

Jawmuncher

completely agree, and so far, this has good (if unoriginal) ideas and good execution (well, apart from the usual euro jank of clipping through walls and whatnot)

the level size and design is NOT what one would expect from a budget title thats for sure, these things are gigantic, Im kinda wondering how big the game is tbh, because not only are they intricate, they are varried aswell (again, so far)

I think im one of the few who doesn't like big gigantic worlds, levels, etc.
I'm just too lazy to explore.

Jawmuncher

Finally played the Bayonetta 2 demo.
I'm so glad to finally have a use for my WiiU. Between Hyrule Warriors, Bayo 2, and Smash theres finally a actual reason to have it as the system to compliment the PC.

Finally played the Bayonetta 2 demo.
I'm so glad to finally have a use for my WiiU. Between Hyrule Warriors, Bayo 2, and Smash theres finally a actual reason to have it as the system to compliment the PC.

I've been playing Mario Kart at least once a week since launch. Over June it was pretty much a daily thing after work. Before that, Pikmin 3, TW101 and Super Mario 3D World filled my disc tray.

Dr Dogg

Man fuck those Worker Joe's. I fell for the oldest trick in the book, not once but twice.
"Oh look there's an innocent dead looking andro... ARGHHHHHHHHHHH WHY'S IT GRABBING MEEEEEEE!!!"

Man fuck those Worker Joe's. I fell for the oldest trick in the book, not once but twice.
"Oh look there's an innocent dead looking andro... ARGHHHHHHHHHHH WHY'S IT GRABBING MEEEEEEE!!!"

Those are the best kind, though. They're pretty much the only ones you can beat the crap out of without fearing for your life.

I honestly think they were put there to be therapeutic. I turn into a psycho when I find one that I can actually beat. "Oh yeah? This is payback for the dozens of times you punched my shoulder to death!" <hits repeatedly> "Where're your safety protocols now, huh!?"

If it didn't cause noise I'd just sit there hitting their dead bodies over and over and relishing in my brief victory.

Majukun

welcome to GAF

Jørdan

Congrats on finally getting accepted, I didn't wait quite as long as that and it seemed an eternity so I can imagine it must've been great to read that acceptance email after so long. Welcome and thank you for the giveaway.

Dr Dogg

Those are the best kind, though. They're pretty much the only ones you can beat the crap out of without fearing for your life.

I honestly think they were put there to be therapeutic. I turn into a psycho when I find one that I can actually beat. "Oh yeah? This is payback for the dozens of times you punched my shoulder to death!" <hits repeatedly> "Where're your safety protocols now, huh!?"

If it didn't cause noise I'd just sit there hitting their dead bodies over and over and relishing in my brief victory.

I'm not taking any chances now the next one I see is getting battered. Saying that I snuck up super quiet behind one looking the other way and went to clobber it round the back of the head and have no idea if it spotted me at the last seccond as it turned around and grabbed my arm and hit me first. Then after trading blows for about 10 mins I finally put it down with just a slither of health left. Horrible, horrible enemies *shudders*.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox have been updated to version 7.0. This version includes a lot of new features and bug fixes:
  • Added the ability to set any number of regional price comparisons (Chrome only)
  • Added highlighting and tags back to the Friend Activity page
  • Added a button to easily decline trade offers (even invalid ones)
  • Added an option to show a warning on items where cross region trading has been disabled
  • Added UI elements to continuous scrolling feature and the ability to retry when it fails
  • Enhanced Steam will now show bundle savings calculations on bundles with no savings
  • Updated wishlist code to work with the new page layout and design
  • Updated Canadian currency formatting
  • Updated Early Access banners to work with more store sections
  • Fixed a bug in market total calculations
  • Fixed a bug in the home page customization
The extension should update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes. As always, please let me know if you run into any issues when using this version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom