• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd buy the disco lights razer chroma if it'd fit on my standing desk

RZR_BWUltChroma_TopV01_678x452.jpg

maximum gaudiness, baby, 'coz I'm a g4m3r
And then use that shit to play Street Fighter :D

Jawmuncher

7 Chapter in 5 Hours for the evil within......hmmmm i'm thinking 11 hours total if it keeps up the pace. Have a feeling the later chapters are going to be shorter than some of the recent ones I have played.

Steam needs to work on how it handles downloaded files. I downloaded Sleeping Dogs DE on my laptop in town, but it was taking forever to install so I paused and decided to resume it at home.
But when I get home and resume, it starts the whole download over again even though I have all 16~ GB of game files in my "common" folder. Such a pain in the ass to have to DL it all over again.

xBladeM6x

Check out Coolermaster and Rosewill. They are cheaper mechanicals, but I believe they actually use high-end OEMs if I remember correctly.

You really can't go back to membrane boards after getting a mechanical.

Razer products are analogous to headsets, you are paying a high-end price for a low-end product.

Go with DAS, WASD, or Ducky if you are looking at the high-end.

I'd add Corsair in with that. :p

I love my K70. <3

Eternia

i sincerely doubt that is smart
Smart went out the window as soon as you mentioned killing spree. :p

I didn't even realize you were just level 4 so that's no fun. A bit more enjoyable doing it when you can one-shot people before they can even react to you.

Tizoc

So for whatever reason, Costume Quest 2 only runs at 60 FPS for me when I run it windowed. If I set it full screen, it'll sometimes lock to 30 FPS all the time =(
Anyone know what causes this?

Jawmuncher

RTS is the only genre I will play with a mouse.
Just because I don't think any RTS but maybe Red Alert 3 has controller support.
Though I play those with easy and don't even use the keyboard.

I still prefer FPS with a controller.
No amount of playing with the M&KB has changed 18+ years with a controller.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Disney cards take forever to drop.

[ 10/17/2014 10:24:24 AM ] Closing game Split/Second
[ 10/17/2014 10:24:25 AM ] Split/Second took 4:21:53 to idle (for three cards).
[ 10/17/2014 10:24:27 AM ] Starting game Disney TRON: Evolution to idle cards

[ 10/17/2014 12:09:49 PM ] Disney TRON: Evolution has 2 card drops remaining
[ 10/17/2014 12:09:51 PM ] Sleeping for 15 minutes

Nabs

So for whatever reason, Costume Quest 2 only runs at 60 FPS for me when I run it windowed. If I set it full screen, it'll sometimes lock to 30 FPS all the time =(
Anyone know what causes this?

Could it be a Vsync issue? I've been playing it windowed (borderless using an external program) and I haven't had that issue.

gabbo

Check out Coolermaster and Rosewill. They are cheaper mechanicals, but I believe they actually use high-end OEMs if I remember correctly.

You really can't go back to membrane boards after getting a mechanical.

Razer products are analogous to headsets, you are paying a high-end price for a low-end product.

Go with DAS, WASD, or Ducky if you are looking at the high-end.

Where does logitech sit on the mechanical keyboard scale?

gabbo

I can't speak to the quality, but I believe they tend to be more expensive, as they include a bunch of gamer specific features that most people probably don't need.

Some of those features are the only reason I haven't jumped on a corsair/ducky brown

zchen

tried to buy the XCOM slingshot dlc but kept getting cart error in steam client. Had to switch to firefox browser to buy. Mildly annoying.

Miguel81

Who else buys up fighting games and leaves them for another day, and then never ends up playing them? I still want dat Virtua Fighter 5, though.

Miguel81

I have a fuckton of fightmans... that I play maybe once to remind myself that yes, I suck at fightmans.

Same here, though I used to be decent at them in the 90s. I believe I purchase them just to have them around me, because they remind me of my youth.

Edit: PnC Adventures are easier for the nostalgia trip. It's a more positive experience than getting your ass handed to you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I eased into a mouse after maybe a week of TF2 after about the same amount of time.

Just takes a little practice.

I dont know about Munch, but I have no problem using a M&KB for shooters, its not a practice thing, its just I prefer a controller

Tizoc

I should get Stranger's Wrath off Steam when its on sale. I got it on PS3 and Vita but have rarely been playing on my PS3 lately :p

How's the PC ver. now that's it's been updated?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

100% Orange Juice -- MB-1E82B88C7916F0FC - Taken by agniswarm. 5 entrants total.

t1413525850z1.png

7 Chapter in 5 Hours for the evil within......hmmmm i'm thinking 11 hours total if it keeps up the pace. Have a feeling the later chapters are going to be shorter than some of the recent ones I have played.
Chapter 12 is really short, but the others are quite long. 11 in particular took me two hours to finish.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I should get Stranger's Wrath off Steam when its on sale. I got it on PS3 and Vita but have rarely been playing on my PS3 lately :p

How's the PC ver. now that's it's been updated?

Fine, at least for those with Nvidia GPUs. Just remember to enable vsync as otherwise the engine will be more than happy to have your GPU/s sit at 90%+ utilisation.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just noticed Lords of the Fallen now costs 49.99&#8364; on Steam, down from 59.99&#8364; (which as ridiculous as it is for big pubs / big releases, it was EXTRA ridiculous for a relatively unknown game from a no-name publisher...no offense, game looks cool)

if GMG sells it with a nice voucher I might pounce

edit: Raven's Cry is still sitting at a equaly hilarious 54.99&#8364; (at least that one has a 10% pre order discount), and of course, Ubi's 2 biggies, AC Unity and FC4 are still listed for 59.99&#8364;, while The Crew is the "normal" 49.99&#8364;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom