• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Got me some Nicole and Enemy Within, yay me :D

Nicole has one of the better art styles from Winter Wolves. I should pick it up soon.

edit: Raven's Cry is still sitting at a equaly hilarious 54.99€ (at least that one has a 10% pre order discount), and of course, Ubi's 2 biggies, AC Unity and FC4 are still listed for 59.99€, while The Crew is the "normal" 49.99€

Of those mentioned, Raven's Cry and Lords of the Fallen are the two that interest me.

Miguel81

just noticed Lords of the Fallen now costs 49.99€ on Steam, down from 59.99€ (which as ridiculous as it is for big pubs / big releases, it was EXTRA ridiculous for a relatively unknown game from a no-name publisher...no offense, game looks cool)

if GMG sells it with a nice voucher I might pounce

edit: Raven's Cry is still sitting at a equaly hilarious 54.99€ (at least that one has a 10% pre order discount), and of course, Ubi's 2 biggies, AC Unity and FC4 are still listed for 59.99€, while The Crew is the "normal" 49.99€

The Crew beta was shit. Put me the fuck off that game.

Tizoc

Fine, at least for those with Nvidia GPUs. Just remember to enable vsync as otherwise the engine will be more than happy to have your GPU/s sit at 90%+ utilisation.

I always have vsync on, lol.
I don't ever want to risk screen tearing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I was discussing game quality :)

Clearly publishers are starting to test the waters on 59.99€ with the popular games (quality notwithstanding) first. COD was always 59.99€, the ubi examples I mentioned, Evil Within being 59.99€ on steam baffles me, especially since for example, its 49.99€ on GMG (stupid different european zone prices).

If you'll allow me to predict the future, I imagine games like the next Elder Scrolls and Fallout will be 59.99€ while games like...err...Prey 2 if that ever comes out would be 49.99€ (using just Bathesda as an example)

On origin, Dragon Age Inquisition is also 59.99€ for example

Vuze

I agree. Ran like shit, looked like shit, controls didn't feel good to me and the missions...eh. I still might pick it up on sale for 10 bucks (= 2018) just to drive around the country.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I agree. Ran like shit, looked like shit, controls didn't feel good to me and the missions...eh. I still might pick it up on sale for 10 bucks (= 2018) just to drive around the country.

It ran fine in my experience, but I can't say the actual gameplay interested me much.

(I'll still be pre-ordering the Gold Edition, though.)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Divinity and Wasteland 2 had the right idea in pricing at 39.99€, which is what both Lords and Raven's Cry should launch at imo. Again, im not talking about the merits of the games (especially when we know little about Lords and nothing(!) about Raven).

Im shocked Ryse launched at 39.99€, I know its a port but so was DR3 and thats 49.99€ (and Ryse was full price on xbone I believe?)

GTA5 will most likely be 59.99€ aswell I bet, which would be a first for Rockstar (I think? JaseC can confirm probably)

Mordor got a 1 GB patch.

is it a 1gig HD quality GIF of that Wire dude shaking his head with a caption saying "play me already Rhaknar you cunt"? because if not, it should be :/

Shadownet

Banned
Soo Coolermaster and Rosewill are good keyboard brands, Razer is bad. Got it. I'll keep that in mind when my Logitech keyboard become less than satisfactory.

Though I gotta get a new mouse before keyboard. My Asus mouse has been serving me faithfully for 7 years.

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

The Baconing -- MB-E25BBE1A60F7F573 - Taken by fernandes
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One + Episode Two -- MB-291597C993E84836 - Taken by Zeliard
Shank -- MB-BDDC2FF50325AA99 - Taken by hepburn3d

Corpekata

Banned
There's like 5 hours of footage of Lords from a stream. I'd say we know a decent amount of that by now, and it certainly seems to be getting some interest. Raven's Cry though yeah, no clue what's going on with that title and I'm actually interested.

JaseC

There's like 5 hours of footage of Lords from a stream. I'd say we know a decent amount of that by now, and it certainly seems to be getting some interest. Raven's Cry though yeah, no clue what's going on with that title and I'm actually interested.

The PC version was recently until the end of November while the console flavours fared even worse, being delayed into early 2015.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
EmPJbk8.png

Good lord those colors. Fix this shit Guerrila.

My first thought was that couldn't be real and you were experiencing some sort of issue, but...

cod5ksp1.jpg

This is all over the "we're sending you an email since you're trying to login from an unknown computer" notifications as well.

Rhaknar

yeah that stream helps alot. still think it should be 39.99€, an unknown IP from a unknown (?) publisher, they would sell more, establish themselves, get some word of mouth. Like Styx for example. Hell Styx could easily be 39.99€, but they went middle of the road and (hopefully) its paying off for them

I can only imagine that Lords is banking on the dark souls clone aspect, not unlike all the military shooters used to do with COD. Like I said earlier, at least its a much more reasonable 49.99€ now

Miguel81

I was discussing game quality :)

Clearly publishers are starting to test the waters on 59.99€ with the popular games (quality notwithstanding) first. COD was always 59.99€, the ubi examples I mentioned, Evil Within being 59.99€ on steam baffles me, especially since for example, its 49.99€ on GMG (stupid different european zone prices).

If you'll allow me to predict the future, I imagine games like the next Elder Scrolls and Fallout will be 59.99€ while games like...err...Prey 2 if that ever comes out would be 49.99€ (using just Bathesda as an example)

On origin, Dragon Age Inquisition is also 59.99€ for example

This is a free for all. And I had to get that off my chest, so do go on.

Edit: 59.99 is was a dick move on pubs part. People shouldn't bite, but I'm not expecting much.

Just checked out the recent bundles, and Bundle Stars' Destiny Bundle is a definite buy. I'll probably pick up IndieGala's Kiss of Death Bundle for $2, if only for Darkout. Also in for Humble's Weekly at $1 for The Penny Arcade Adventures Ep. 1+2. I already have everything else. Would've been a great bundle for me if I didn't. The Baconing is awesome.

I completely forgot there was a new Humble Weekly today. Will pick it up later to support the local developers. :)

Rhaknar

dude that chibi Ornstein is making my brain itch o_O

This is a free for all. And I had to get that off my chest, so do go on.

did I say was or did you change that in the quote? because I meant "wasnt" obviously :)

Xanathus

It seems super weird to me that the Mordor developers have so much extra time/budget to spend on implementing a photo mode into the game. WB must be really good to them.

MUnited83

For you.
It seems super weird to me that the Mordor developers have so much extra time/budget to spend on implementing a photo mode into the game. WB must be really good to them.

? Photo modes have proven to be really good marketing tools, with people sharing their screenshots all over the web. Seems something that's fairly easy to implement and it has benefits to it. I don't see why they wouldn't have the time or budget for it. Game is selling pretty well too already.

Rhaknar

I contemplated trying to buy a Neo-Geo lately, and then hunt for games and whatnot...

Then I blew 2k on a computer, so that dream is dead >_>

Always wanted a Neo-Geo tho :(

Tizoc

They have some of the Metal Slug games on Steam. Samurai Showdown would be great, but it's been a long time and maybe they fear fighting games won't sell(?)

We're getting 2 KoF games back to back in Nov. and Dec. IIRC.
If anything its the SamSho brand they worry won't sell well.

I also recommend Deadman Wonderland, Akame ga Kill, and Noragami if you have the time. I saw those 3 recently and they are all very good. You can find them on Netflix or Crunchyroll.

I'll consider Akame ga Kill thanks. I've seen it mentioned some times.
Have you watched JoJo's Bizarre Adventure yet? Its on CR and is one of GAFs fav. anime series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom