• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

I was discussing game quality :)

Clearly publishers are starting to test the waters on 59.99€ with the popular games (quality notwithstanding) first. COD was always 59.99€, the ubi examples I mentioned, Evil Within being 59.99€ on steam baffles me, especially since for example, its 49.99€ on GMG (stupid different european zone prices).

If you'll allow me to predict the future, I imagine games like the next Elder Scrolls and Fallout will be 59.99€ while games like...err...Prey 2 if that ever comes out would be 49.99€ (using just Bathesda as an example)

On origin, Dragon Age Inquisition is also 59.99€ for example

I swallowed down 59.99€ and sometimes more for console games in the past, but it's not a price I'll swallow down for digital PC games. 49.99€ is already pushing it too far and something I'm willing to pay only for stuff I'm really, really excited for and that I want to play day 1.

Speaking specifically about Dragon Age Inquisition, it has two strikes against it for me. EA/Bioware love for no-discount DLC and no healing spells. Between 5 and 10€ is all I'm willing to spend on it.

Tellaerin

[snip]

now like just pretend i said "imo" before each post if it helps, wouldn't dream of hurting you baby :p

or is this some boobs thing <3

We may not always see eye-to-eye, but ilu still <3 (And isn't it always a boobs thing with me? >.> ) I'll keep those unspoken "imo"s in mind when reading your posts.

In unrelated news, I'm really enjoying Asteria (thanks, JaseC!) It's been distracting me from Borderlands 2, which is probably a good thing. Asteria's a "Terraria in space" game along the lines of Starbound, Edge of Space, etc., with hi-res pixel art in place of the usual chunky low-res sprites and some nice atmospheric music. So far, I haven't really done too much - built a shelter, explored a bit, killed some popcorn mobs, crafted bottom tier armor and weapon upgrades, checked out a portal that led to a dungeon (and got curbstomped by the boss I found there) - but I've been having fun roaming around killing monsters and building myself a halfassed little fortress to use as my base of operations. From what I understand, the multiplayer support is kind of clunky - I saw a few people on the board grousing about issues with that - but since I'm content to fly solo, that's not a big issue for me. Dunno if I'll feel the same way after I spend a few more hours with it, but right now I'd recommend it if you're interested in a sci-fi themed Terraria-alike.

Shadownet

Banned
ill thanks. I've seen it mentioned some times.
Have you watched JoJo's Bizarre Adventure yet? Its on CR and is one of GAFs fav. anime series.
I haven't seen JoJo yet but its on my to do list after The Devil is a Part-Timer.
--------
I thought you cant be a mage in the new Dragon Age, but there was a healing spell or something that replenish your health outside of potions?

I just realized Tellaerin is not on my friends list :(

I dont understand why GMG doesn't have Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition. It's the only reason stopping me from buying it from there instead of GameStop.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I swallowed down 59.99&#8364; and sometimes more for console games in the past, but it's not a price I'll swallow down for digital PC games. 49.99&#8364; is already pushing it too far and something I'm willing to pay only for stuff I'm really, really excited for and that I want to play day 1.

Speaking specifically about Dragon Age Inquisition, it has two strikes against it for me. EA/Bioware love for no-discount DLC and no healing spells. Between 5 and 10&#8364; is all I'm willing to spend on it.

Ill gladly eat 49.99&#8364; on GMG with a 25% voucher, so its actually 37.50&#8364;. That seems perfectly reasonable imo for a new..."triple a" (UGH I know, but I dont know how else to call them...retail as opposed to indie?) game. 49.99&#8364; directly on steam tho, not so much.

Dragon Age is annoying me because im actually really excited for it, but that 59,99&#8364; is killing me. If I get it it will, again, be on GMG with a voucher. Also if I get it, it would be my second ever game on Origin, after Old Republic heh

Now that putin has been broken, GMG is back on top for us europeans I think

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Ill gladly eat 49.99€ on GMG with a 25% voucher, so its actually 37.50€. That seems perfectly reasonable imo for a new..."triple a" (UGH I know, but I dont know how else to call them...retail as opposed to indie?) game. 49.99€ directly on steam tho, not so much.

Dragon Age is annoying me because im actually really excited for it, but that 59,99€ is killing me. If I get it it will, again, be on GMG with a voucher. Also if I get it, it would be my second ever game on Origin, after Old Republic heh

Dragon Age: Inquisition is still an Origin exclusive as far as I know. So I don't see how Steam cross region trading bans will affect it. The general procedure for Origin has seemed to be using a VPN to access the Mexican or Indian Origin regional stores.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ill gladly eat 49.99€ on GMG with a 25% voucher, so its actually 37.50€. That seems perfectly reasonable imo for a new..."triple a" (UGH I know, but I dont know how else to call them...retail as opposed to indie?) game. 49.99€ directly on steam tho, not so much.

Dragon Age is annoying me because im actually really excited for it, but that 59,99€ is killing me. If I get it it will, again, be on GMG with a voucher. Also if I get it, it would be my second ever game on Origin, after Old Republic heh

Since GMG now supports buying multiple copies of the same game, you could have a US GAFer buy your games for you.

maneil99

Lords of the Fallen is interesting until you realize the games they have made (Sniper Ghost Warrior 1/2, That WW2 shitty CE3 game)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dragon Age: Inquisition is still a Origin exclusive as far as I know. So I don't see how Steam cross region trading bans will affect it. The general procedure for Origin has seemed to be using a VPN to access the Mexican or Indian Origin Store fronts.

err I didnt say anything about Steam trading locks affecting Dragon Age, I was just talking about the premium 59.99&#8364;?

Since GMG now supports buying multiple copies of the same game, you could have a US GAFer buy your games for you.

that requires more effort than im willing to exercise when it comes to buying videogames :p Ive lived all my life with &#8364;=$, im used to it

zkylon

zkylewd
my problem with lords of the fallen stems that i've grown to hate angry rugged anti-hero white dudes

like maybe it's as good as dark souls but that's already a huge turn off

Is Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments good for a fan of the sherlock books?

my problem with lords of the fallen stems that i've grown to hate angry rugged anti-hero white dudes

But it also has a european medieval fantasy vibe

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
err I didnt say anything about Steam trading locks affecting Dragon Age, I was just talking about the premium 59.99€?

This is where your statement becomes a bit confusing.

Okay.

Rhaknar

check this thread out

do NOT check that thread out
do it

DONT!

This is where your statement becomes a bit confusing.

youre right, the putin comment should have been earlier when I was talking about the steam stuff :)

rookiejet

And then use that shit to play Street Fighter :D

I was getting my ass handed to me by Automatisch the other day and he was like, "yeah man, i totally use keyboard to play fighting games. I don't play as well, but you know..."

fml

to quote a stream monster, "you're not poverty if you don't use a keyboard as your controller of choice"

hold that, Automatisch

i still don't feel better

milena87

I thought you cant be a mage in the new Dragon Age, but there was a healing spell or something that replenish your health outside of potions?

You can be a mage, of course, but you can't be a healer like in previous games.

There is a specialization that has a group focus healing (meaning that you have to have a full focus bar to cast it, so you can't use it in every fight) and now there are barriers that prevents your characters from taking damage.
We'll see how balanced it will be.

Ventara

Is it a current daily or weekly? Weekend deal?
Can't seem to find it on store, region locked to US maybe?

It's some indie game developed by Platypus (or something like that). Couldn't even pass Greenlight to get on Steam. If you're gonna buy it, I suggest you wait until it hits $5. The game is gonna bomb HARD.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So I believe enough time has passed:

Who's purchased a Wii U and/or Bayonetta 2?

Who is a good person?

I purchased Bayonetta 2. Because I don't vehemently hate myself enough to rob myself of this experience.

Shadownet

Banned
It's some indie game developed by Platypus (or something like that). Couldn't even pass Greenlight to get on Steam. If you're gonna buy it, I suggest you wait until it hits $5. The game is gonna bomb HARD.

welp it's nice knowing you bro.

gonna get perma-ban by Zeliard.

Knurek

Ah yes, I think I heard something about the game.
I think I will stick with Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, DmC and Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death, all of them seem to be getting better reviews than that Potamus developed game.

I decided to double dip on Hotline Miami since the sequel is hopefully coming out soon and man that was a good idea. That music, that gameplay, that aesthetic! Hopefully there's some kind of discount for owning the original hehe. Im scared my roommates might see the game and think Im crazy

Technically I am

Vibranium

Banned
Fucking playfire, have to unlock coupons to use for season passes on GMG yet they still don't work with credit. Useless!

Yeah, people having been asking them for a while to be able to use credit with vouchers, heck they could set a limit or something, it just seems ridiculous right now. I hope Playfire/GMG eventually listen.

Who is a good person?

I have it preordered but now I'm thinking of heading to that Nintendo World Store event next week. I'm not one for game/system launch events but this is one I have to see for myself.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Who is a good person?

I passed. I have other games I want to play in the near future (Sniper Elite 3, Civ:BE, and Endless legend) in my limited free time. Also, I'm not going to buy a black WiiU console just because Nintendo refuses to release a white deluxe SKU.

Yes Zeliard, I am the Devil incarnate. The cuteness of my avatar belies the pure evil within.

Oh, for some reason I assumed you could create your own character in Lords of the Fallen, hmm, way less interested in it now since in RPGs I always tend to play the same looking character to try and pretend that it's the same chick doing all these adventures

Shadownet

Banned
Yes Zeliard, I am the Devil incarnate. The cuteness of my avatar belies the pure evil within.
image.php

Stay away from the children.

Ventara

Well, Groupees Shiny Loot 8 Bundle just launched. It's a Build-Your-Own-Bundle format, with each game costing $0.50. Minimum 2 games.

Alter Ego (Steam)
Crazy Machines 1.5 (Steam)
Curse of Slate Rock Manor
DROD: King Dugan's Dungeon
Elements: Soul of Fire
Lylian Episode One
Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta Episode 1 (Steam)

Pretty meh bundle, though I'm thinking of going for Alter Ego and Unearthed.

welp it's nice knowing you bro.

gonna get perma-ban by Zeliard.

I only buy AAA games that sell 1 million+. Everything else is from bundles. I'll wait for Battonta to hit the bargain bins. Or maybe someone will gift it to me as a gag gift.

Please don't ban me! I'm getting the game Day 1.

Ah yes, I think I heard something about the game.
I think I will stick with Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, DmC and Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death, all of them seem to be getting better reviews than that Potamus developed game.

Good call. There's just too many good games out there to waste your time on B/C-tier games.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh, for some reason I assumed you could create your own character in Lords of the Fallen, hmm, way less interested in it now since in RPGs I always tend to play the same looking character to try and pretend that it's the same chick doing all these adventures

yeah i'm pretty sure you play as grumpy mc grump

tbh him being white isn't really annoying, it's the same with prototype 2, i'm tired of angry dudes

aku:jiki

Grimrock 2 is so good, guys. It's everything the first game was but amped up to 11. More environments, more classes, more loot, more enemies, more puzzles, more of everything! I'm 8 hours in and I'm only halfway, if even that.

Time to unchart some mysteries!

Well, Groupees Shiny Loot 8 Bundle just launched. It's a Build-Your-Own-Bundle format, with each game costing $0.50. Minimum 2 games.

Alter Ego (Steam)
Crazy Machines 1.5 (Steam)
Curse of Slate Rock Manor
DROD: King Dugan's Dungeon
Elements: Soul of Fire
Lylian Episode One
Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta Episode 1 (Steam)

Yeah, I'm only missing Alter Ego :(

Knurek

Grimrock 2 is so good, guys. It's everything the first game was but amped up to 11. More environments, more classes, more loot, more enemies, more puzzles, more of everything! I'm 8 hours in and I'm only halfway, if even that.

Time to unchart some mysteries!

I think you meant unshart?

Ventara

I'm assuming you've played the first one? I'm about 1/4 through it and am wondering if I should just skip to the Grimrock 2, or is the first one is still worth playing? I mean, I know it's good, but should I spend that time just playing Grimrock 2 instead, is what I mean. In your opinion, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom