• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

I'm assuming you've played the first one? I'm about 1/4 through it and am wondering if I should just skip to the Grimrock 2, or is the first one is still worth playing? I mean, I know it's good, but should I spend that time just playing Grimrock 2 instead, is what I mean. In your opinion, of course.
Both are excellent games with some notable differences. Whether you should do both is entirely up to you, how much time you can spare and how into the games you get. If you have the time and get into it, you're robbing yourself of 10 hours of good gameplay if you skip 1. If not, 2 is the better game.

The big difference, of course, is that 1 takes place in one large dungeon while 2 is in a more open world with small dungeons scattered throughout. 2 is also harder.

Ventara

Both are excellent games with some notable differences. Whether you should do both is entirely up to you, how much time you can spare and how into the games you get. If you have the time and get into it, you're robbing yourself of 10 hours of good gameplay if you skip 1. If not, 2 is the better game.

The big difference, of course, is that 1 takes place in one large dungeon while 2 is in a more open world with small dungeons scattered throughout. 2 is also harder.

10 hours? I must be further along than I thought. Either that, or I suck, lol. Guess I'll finish the first one, especially if it's easier. Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G0OYHCW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DC7G1WE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You may all be wondering: why does notorious asshole moderator Zeliard keep peddling this, quote "kiddy Nintendo garbage", on us?

The answer is, because I love you all, and want you all to play good games. And Bayonetta 2 is a good game you all should play. And you'll thank me afterwards.

I don't think you understand the steam thread. Can it be purchased for two keys and an apple from "some guy" in Russia?

Nope?

Not going to get much interest.

Ozium

You may all be wondering: why does notorious asshole moderator Zeliard keep peddling this, quote "kiddy Nintendo garbage", on us?

The answer is, because I love you all, and want you all to play good games. And Bayonetta 2 is a good game you all should play. And you'll thank me afterwards.

mario 3d world and nintendoland the better bundle no?

what are the cost of mario 3d world plus nintyland vs nsmbu and luigi u?

I dont have a Wii U yet cuz im poor but my birthday is in the beginning of novemba so I'm telling myself I have a chance

Miguel81

I'll be on it soon! Maybe even sooner than when Zelda is released. Then I'll be a whole man.

Edit: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150200

This one is tempting.

Arthea

It occurs I'm 1 game away from 1.7K. I won't do anything special for this occasion, but I went and decided that my 2K game will be Trails SC, that means Xseed just has to release in foreseeing future, there is no other way, right? (><)

greenlight update: 5 games were greenlit in last two days, as always lately, we have no idea which ones.

Miguel81

I find a way to fix that bug. Probably my save got corrupted, so I downloaded another savegame.
The game doesn't load that savegame, but probably it contains files that got damaged.
By putting it into the savegame directory, the game now recognize it and you can load again your savegame (not the one you downloaded).

When did this happen? I'm at the end of chapter 6 right now.

dreamfall

So I believe enough time has passed:

Who's purchased a Wii U and/or Bayonetta 2?

Who is a good person?

I totally did! Got Bayo2 preordered, been loving some Mario Kart in the meantime! Love Platinum, loved the first game. So yeahhhh, I'll be between the PC and WiiU! Hyped!

Durante

I already have a Wii U and I still won't buy Bayonetta 2. Just to spite you.

Actually, I'm simply not at all interested in the genre.

Shadownet

Banned
I already have a Wii U and I still won't buy Bayonetta 2. Just to spite you.

Actually, I'm simply not at all interested in the genre.
Durante grace us with his presence. Thanks for the FFXIII fix btw :D

Also I'm with you. I didn't find Bayonetta fun, but I can see why people like it.

It occurs I'm 1 game away from 1.7K. I won't do anything special for this occasion, but I went and decided that my 2K game will be Trails SC, that means Xseed just has to release in foreseeing future, there is no other way, right? (><)

greenlight update: 5 games were greenlit in last two days, as always lately, we have no idea which ones.

The Moon Sliver was greenlit recently, but I don't know exactly when. It's hard to tell since some games don't seem to have their pages updated to reflect that they have been greenlit. I voted for Treasures of Montezuma 3 and the greenlight page doesn't indicate it has been greenlit yet, but it's up for sale on the Steam store.

Arthea

I played the first Bayonetta on PS3 (yeah yeah, worst version ever, but I can play it only on that console,so), I found it...boring. I don't like the combat system so much, the plot was too...non-sense?
I didn't care about a sexy female character, so Bayonetta didn't impress me.
I like MGR a lot, Vanquish is a good game too, but Bayonetta doesn't appeal me :S

That's odd, because Bayo has really great combat, MGR doesn't compare even, IMO, and Vanquish is good but very different also.

It would put too much pressure on Nintendo to increase how often they release games.

IDK... lately Valve and Nintendo have more in common than I ever thought possible

I'm not buying Bayonetta 2 because it doesn't have trading cards and cheevos.

fixed for you (><)

That's odd, because Bayo has really great combat, MGR doesn't compare eve, IMO, and Vanquish is good but very different also.

I can see how many people would be completely put off by an oversexualised and over the top protragonist. But I feel MGR is still a pretty polished experience.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I can see how many people would be completely put off by an oversexualised and over the top protragonist. But I feel MGR is still a pretty polished experience.

Well MGR is as polished as it could be given it's dev time but it's still really rough, but a great game nonetheless. I'm pretty sure the eventual sequel will shine in polish and combat.

Arthea

The Moon Sliver was greenlit recently, but I don't know exactly when. It's hard to tell since some games don't seem to have their pages updated to reflect that they have been greenlit. I voted for Treasures of Montezuma 3 and the greenlight page doesn't indicate it has been greenlit yet, but it's up for sale on the Steam store.

the Moon Silver? I see nothing by that name on greenlight at all.

I've been aimlessly browsing the store, and came across XCOM EU's page. THe deal on XCOM complete is amazing o_o $12.49 for Enemy Unknown + DLC and Enemy Within. I said wow.

Tizoc

XSEED pls.
Bring this to Steam
UWTJ2EL.png

Disclaimer: There are no actual dinosaurs in this game, the main villain's name is just Dinosaur.
It plays like Wizardry.

Arthea

I can see how that can be the problem, but I don't actually find Bayo oversexualised, she is cocky, arrogant, very womanly but strong and we don't have many characters like that in gaming, if at all. It's more of people being shocked by difference of her character than anything else. Overthetopness always worked good for games, though, check Saints Row for example.

As for MGR, I'm not sure why I was so not impressed by a game, probably I expected it to be more slice everything in your way than what it is.

I can see how that can be the problem, but I don't actually find Bayo oversexualised, she is cocky, arrogant, very womanly but strong and we don't have many characters like that in gaming, if at all. It's more of people being shocked by difference of her character than anything else. Overthetopness always worked good for games, though, check Saints Row for example.

You missed the joke.

Work with me here people.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
XSEED pls.
Bring this to Steam

Disclaimer: There are no actual dinosaurs in this game, the main villain's name is just Dinosaur.
It plays like Wizardry.

So you want XSEED to bring nothing to steam? Why would you want that? That's horrible

Sendou

Pressed B instead of A in the final scene of Costume Quest 2 and it skipped to credits... The game is relatively new so I can't even find a YouTube video of it. Oh well. Pretty decent game. Short (5 hours to get all achievements) but sweet (hehe). It does have that Double Fine trademark wonkiness in it. Unpolished all around I'd say. But yeah basically if you liked Costume Quest 1 you will like this one too. Oh and if you care for achievements I highly recommend doing "Hardcorn Mode" in your first playthrough.

ViviOggi

Someone put some couches next to the backbreaking wooden seats on my university's gallery, it's fucking heaven. I've dreamed about this for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom