• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It would appear that more Humongous Entertainment games are on the way:

Considering the Complete Pack was featured in a Humble Bundle, I have my doubts that existing owners will receive them for free.

They're probably JaseC-locked by now. You're one of the few customers they can count on buying their games. :)

:(

Uzzy

Has Platinum commented on the length of Legend of Korra at all? How long they expect an average playthrough to take?

There's a Polygon article that quotes 4 hours, but I don't know where they source that from.

Edit: Ah, that number's from Platinum themselves. So yeah, four hours is the expected playthrough time.

Strider

There's a Polygon article that quotes 4 hours, but I don't know where they source that from.

Edit: Ah, that number's from Platinum themselves. So yeah, four hours is the expected playthrough time.

Ah ok. Thanks. I was just curious because I'm thinking about getting it but I wanted to make sure I could play through it before the launch of Beyond Earth and Bayo 1/2. Those games will suck up all my time for a bit.

MUnited83

For you.
It would appear that more Humongous Entertainment games are on the way:

Considering the Complete Pack was featured in a Humble Bundle, I have my doubts that existing owners will receive them for free.

:(

I hope that's not the case. It was in a Humble Bundle, but the complete pack was on the 20$ tier.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I didn't even know that was possible. If I'm ever planning on being in Washington for a couple days I'll definitely try doing that, thanks for the heads up.

If you ever do, hit me up with a PM and I can get you in touch with the right people.

ArjanN

There should be a halloween related sale.

Last couple of years the Halloween sale had some nice surprises, in 2012 it was Condemned and in 2013 Typing of the Dead Overkill.

No, if you played X-com because the combat system is... inspired by it but with less money.

I bought it when it was cheap. If you want to play because of roleplaying, Dragon age is a better choice. So unless you love the bacground of the world or be an hardcore rpg fan who want to play every rpf in the world. I don't recommand to buy it full price.

By the way, I played the original version, not the Dragon fall director cut.

Dragonfall is better than the original campaign. I recommend it.

L.O.R.D

B9A205B0356C76D7524F96BE215E29E5024B07C7

this game...so much love
that details , dat glossy

I just played through that area last night.

I'm just trying to rush through to chapter 8 as I hear that is where the game opens up.

That would be chapter 10 and it's only during that specific chapter (or an area within it to be more accurate).
Then it's back to corridors with you.

xBladeM6x

Been playing Watch_Dogs DLC, and this game has some of the best trees / ambient occlusion I've ever seen, especially when everything is smoothed out with TXAA x4.

Turfster

Wow, even daily indie game is rebundling bundles...
Guess I'll list them here, but I'm pretty sure most people have these already =p
Price: 1.5$, BTA for 2 bundles
  • Memories of a vagabond
  • Lightfish
  • One day for Ched
  • Crystals of Time
  • Hacker Evolution Untold
  • Desert Thunder

Maniac

Banned
If you ever do, hit me up with a PM and I can get you in touch with the right people.
Who's the right people, if one may ask? I damn well hope Marc (Laidlaw) and Arsenio count as right people, because I know those two dudes, but especially Marc. :p

I definitely intend to visit them at some point in the future. Once chatted with Marc about it and he said I should send him an email if I was ever in Seattle, which I damn well hope to be at some point in the near future, it's one of the few places in the US that I really want to visit.

... And I really need to get out of Daneland just for a little while.

Arthea

... and black bars ;)

and 720p

edited: we are in for great generation, it seems (><)

edit2: I had problems with steam all evening, couldn't download games, was losing connection with steam servers and so on. I wonder is it because of free weekend?
I yes, I don't like free weekend ruining my weekend, which isn't free!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
and 720p

edited: we are in for great generation, it seems (><)

edit2: I had problems with steam all evening, couldn't download games, was losing connection with steam servers and so on. I wonder is it because of free weekend?
I yes, I don't like free weekend ruining my weekend, which isn't free!

Same here. Idle Master messed up overnight because of it, then again while I was at work. Disney games are already taking like 2 hours between each card drop without Valve's interference. FML

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Darklands and a handful of other classic RPG/adventure games hit Steam just 90 minutes ago: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/53022/ (And, yes, they're region-locked.)

Briefly thought about buying the pack since it's under $10 in russiabucks, but regionlocked and $18.74? Nope.

Especially since one of those games, Dragonsphere, is a free game on GOG. The rest of the games are currently $2.39 on GOG as well, so I can wait.

Still, it's good to see that Night Dive Studios is still bringing older games to Steam.

Man when am I going to see something like this but for FMV titles.
Would love to see stuff like Ripper and Black Dahlia.

Man, Ripper available digitally would be great.

ArjanN

JaseC

Well, after reading the Steam forums and seeing the devs say that this version of [Paper Monsters] is about 2 years old and they have a new Steamworks version on the way, I can wait. But I hope they use the same app (to satisfy my collector OCD)

Bad news for you, good news for me. ;) In my e-mails to CM I did mention that getting access to the original app would be possible, but the person I was corresponding with probably forgot -- the new app is only a few months old and those e-mails were exchanged five months earlier.

Tellaerin

Man... I do love Shadowrun but even from a pure gameplay perspective I would rather play Returns than Dragon Age. DA is just terribly balanced. It has the trappings of a Baldur's Gate heir yet almost no attention seemed to be paid to balance, certainly not when you're pausing and choosing spells at your leisure.

Maybe it's more fun if you pretend mages aren't hilariously overpowered? I dunno. Returns, at least, rewards smart positioning and has some interesting encounter design for the last chunk of the game.

I dunno. My standard party was the heroine, Wynne, Alistair, and Leliana, and I never felt the game was snooze-inducingly easy. Guess it really comes down to who you decide to roll with and how you spec them.

iosefe

i think i'm giving up on wrestling with FFXIII for now. it's too damn unstable. even working with GeDoSaTo, it's tough

what's Square's history on patching?

JaseC

you guys are slacking, why I have get to know that the best steam game got another awesome dlc from the store and not from this thread?

The game that keeps on giving (I still need to buy me that colouring book). I love that it has been successful enough as a gag gift to justify releasing DLC almost half a decade later.

zkylon

zkylewd
i thought combat in dao was pretty ok, nothing spectacular but it works. i specially liked that they actually left friendly fire on so magic was pretty fun

i also loved that i was totally dumped by alistar, that was hilarious

i'd say it's a more fun game than these shadowrun thingies but i dunno how they relate really

Grief.exe

Jase, are you finding that playing Steam Pokemon is sustainable going forward with Valve allowing all these games to be dumped on the store?
Or are you just having more fun than Stump, exploiting promotional rewards?

Arthea

The game that keeps on giving (I still need to buy me that colouring book). I love that it has been successful enough as a gag gift to justify releasing DLC almost half a decade later.
This one seem like must have!
at least you bought multiplay dlc, I hope

I remember when I accidentally bought that game while drunk.

I still haven't opened it.

I actually tried to play it, it didn't go all that well (><)
I had no idea! how awesome it is at that time

KingJolly

Banned
I don't know where to post this.

But could someone shed some light one me between the upcoming Alienware Alpha specs and the PS4? Intereseted in entering the PC/Steam realm but in a console form.

Again this is probably not the place to ask but thank you very much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom