• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
BRB-using-imagination-since-no-pics.jpg

Sorry, quick pic of sketchbook at office.
4e9gmod.jpg

madjoki

Maybe not. It doesn't directly affect their baseline like key trading does so they might not give a shit about it.

Yuplay.ru sounds good I guess. I might just shift to Russian keys from there because there's several game that are only locked at a activation level, not runtime.(including football manager 2015, lords of the fallen,etc)

Haven't used myself, I hear many use uPlay (Just to be clear, not to be confused with Yuplay).

Shadownet

Banned
Remember how some of us were talking about how Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition doesn't seem to be looking much better than the regular Sleeping Dogs? Well apparently there was a software issue. But luckily a patch is out right now. I'm downloading it and I'll see if the game will look any better. Here is the patch note.

Message from SD Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Sleeping Dogs Community Manager here! We've been keeping a close eye on all your comments, feedback and forum threads and would like to thank you for them.

There was a software issue where the HD World textures did not display correctly for some players, which resulted in lower detail textures being shown. This caused some players to feel that the Definitive Edition textures were inferior to the HD texture pack of the original Sleeping Dogs, which I can guarantee is not the case.

We have now released a patch for Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition that should rectify this issue and enable the HD World textures by default for all users. Be sure to check your settings!

I will of course continue to keep a close eye on things here, so please do let me know if you continue to have any issues regarding this matter. Happy HD gaming!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Nzyme32

Remember how some of us were talking about how Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition doesn't seem to be looking much better than the regular Sleeping Dogs? Well apparently there was a software issue. But luckily a patch is out right now. I'm downloading it and I'll see if the game will look any better. Here is the patch note.

Love the game, but thought the definitive edition didn't seem like all that much of a step forward on PC at least. Hmm will be keeping an eye on this one

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Plis march in there and hold Gaben hostage until they make a better client.

Or just march in there and make a decent client for them. :p

Well, they've let me in a few times already, so I guess that's a good start.

Maniac

Banned
Anyone here who can help me a tad with Playfire? I can't link it to much of anything. Pretty sure I'd linked it to Steam already, but I supposedly have 0 Steam achievements. And I don't have any games displayed at all, despite the fact that I've got about a dozen games in my GMG library, and... you know, half a thousand in my Steam library. :p

Well, they've let me in a few times already, so I guess that's a good start.
Next time you should just refuse to leave until they let you rework their client. Please? :p

Knurek

Chapter 6 of FFXIII is just stunning to look at.
I don't think I've seen a better forest in any game I've played so far.
The amount of detail, the care taken with design... Top notch.
Also, some absolutely 'seat of chair', 'pants on fire' fights in this chapter. Defeating Wyvern or those Scalebeast enemies is such an adrenaline rush. Even common Mud Frog enemies, when in 4x + RF setup required two or three tries to conquer.
Dreading the boss a bit - Bulbasaur fight from Chapter 5 was just draining...
Really loving the game, even despite the technical issues, this is my Bayo2 of the year I guess.

Chaos17

Shadowrun Returns, yay or nay?

No, if you played X-com because the combat system is... inspired by it but with less money.

I bought it when it was cheap. If you want to play because of roleplaying, Dragon age is a better choice. So unless you love the bacground of the world or be an hardcore rpg fan who want to play every rpf in the world. I don't recommand to buy it full price.

By the way, I played the original version, not the Dragon fall director cut.

Shadownet

Banned
Also, some absolutely 'seat of chair', 'pants on fire' fights in this chapter. Defeating Wyvern or those Scalebeast enemies is such an adrenaline rush. Even common Mud Frog enemies, when in 4x + RF setup required two or three tries to conquer.
Really loving the game, even despite the technical issues, this is my Bayo2 of the year I guess.
Have you seen the forest in The Vanishing of Ethan Carter bro? Seriously. I thought I was playing a Virtual Reality game for a moment.

GIGATON!!!!! O_O
Barbieton!

Maniac

Banned
Have you seen the forest in The Vanishing of Ethan Carter bro? Seriously. I thought I was playing a Virtual Reality game for a moment.
It's definitely one of the best looking games I've ever played. And honestly my favourite take on the kind of classic way of doing puzzle / detective games.
Apparently you can!
Kenaton!
Was that awful? You know, Barbie, Ken-doll, all that... Stuff... T_T

Shadownet

Banned
Oh yeah Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition is looking better now. I can run everything on max at 30fps. But I wanna play at 60 fps, So I have to turn down Shadow Resolution to Normal. But it's a small trade-off.

Miguel81

Oh yeah Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition is looking better now. I can run everything on max at 30fps. But I wanna play at 60 fps, So I have to turn down Shadow Resolution to Normal. But it's a small trade-off.

What gpu do you have? The OG ran pretty well on a 7950.

Grief.exe

When is the next big Steam sale again? Christmas?

My wallet is fuller than normal and I am fighting the urge to spend too much!

I will probably buy Mordor to hold me off till next sale, after I finish Vanishing of Ethan Carter than I just got.

At the rate these games are coming out, you don't even need a sale period to relieve yourself of funds.

I just played through that area last night. Gorgeous.

I'm just trying to rush through to chapter 8 as I hear that is where the game opens up.

Yep that's the place. ;)

I thought it was, but I've only ever seen it from the front so I wasn't sure if it was the same building or just one that looked similar. Thanks for verifying. :)

If I'm ever up in Washington I'll have to go by and see how it looks for real.

I'd try going in, but I doubt they'd let me past the front entry area.

jshackles

I thought it was, but I've only ever seen it from the front so I wasn't sure if it was the same building or just one that looked similar. Thanks for verifying. :)

Actually, they're only in floors 5-9(?) in that building. You can walk right in and take the elevator up to floor 5. Once I ran into GabeN on the ground floor but he took a different elevator up and was surrounded by people.

You can't access any of the other floors beside the fifth one because they require an HID swipe. On the fifth floor they have a nice waiting room and a trophy room you can browse through.

But if you're seriously planning on going anyway, it's best to email their front desk and set up an appointment to take a tour.

gngf123

If any of you guys like Starseed Pilgrim or Fez, you might want to check out Fjords. It's a weird little thing that I'm enjoying figuring out.

Not on Steam though sadly.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Pinch an Ubi dev sub key for me while you're there. ;)

But if you're seriously planning on going anyway, it's best to email their front desk and set up an appointment to take a tour.

I didn't even know that was possible. If I'm ever planning on being in Washington for a couple days I'll definitely try doing that, thanks for the heads up.

Pinch an Ubi dev sub key for me while you're there. ;)
They're probably JaseC-locked by now. You're one of the few customers they can count on buying their games. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom