• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I think I've finally hit that euphoria monument in Cook, Serve, Delicious. I don't see 4 customers wanting language anymore and panic all is see is PSCR, PSCR, PSCR. I feel like I am one with the stove.

Knurek

Oh god, that artwork, that artwork...

ss_23b161bc31760ba7aaa148454eaa474d3bd00e73.600x338.jpg

ss_a2556ecdecb66c28d4e9e43c21aa7785b7921518.600x338.jpg

Maniac

Banned

just a friendly reminder :) it's out now :D
Wishlisted. :p
Yeah I would grab it if you have that GMG coupon for 80% off. It's the cheapest it ever been I believe.
Yeeeaaaah... About that... :p If anyone has a code, do shout! (Or are they still available from GMG? If so I'll just boot up the game and idle it or something)

I think I've finally hit that euphoria monument in Cook, Serve, Delicious. I don't see 4 customers wanting language anymore and panic all is see is PSCR, PSCR, PSCR. I feel like I am one with the stove.
Welcome to the world of the Iron Chef. Hope you enjoy your stay.

... Speaking of Euphoria... I could've sworn I had Eufloria. I remember paying for it somehow, somewhere, and playing tons of it... But apparently I don't have it on Steam -_-'... Here I was thinkin' I'd gotten the HD version and the OST for free just now. :/

tmarg

Dr Dogg

wait until you start dating

Welcome to the world of the Iron Chef. Hope you enjoy your stay.

... Speaking of Euphoria... I could've sworn I had Eufloria. I remember paying for it somehow, somewhere, and playing tons of it... But apparently I don't have it on Steam -_-'... Here I was thinkin' I'd gotten the HD version and the OST for free just now. :/

Well I got a little too cocky and got robbed the very next day. Din't help I wasn't paying attention and didn't catch of glimpse of what they looked like so the freak that I photo fitted looked nothing like the suspect and I ended up -$144 down for the day :(

You ID them based off the text descriptions given by your customers, not by the image. It's not really clear that's how it works in the game.

But it all happened so fast, how was I supposed to think straight ;_;

tmarg

Well I got a little too cocky and got robbed the very next day. Din't help I wasn't paying attention and didn't catch of glimpse of what they looked like so the freak that I photo fitted looked nothing like the suspect and I ended up -$144 down for the day :(

You ID them based off the text descriptions given by your customers, not by the image. It's not really clear that's how it works in the game.

kabel

Intalled Awesomenauts and bought it after an hour.

Such a good game.
Someone here whom I can write some n00b questions if I don't get something?

Tizoc

Something must have gone wrong as there should be a symbolic link folder where the game originally was. It sounds like Steam created the folder anew upon detecting an update when it should have been rerouted to your external drive.

So I should just copy the files that I mentioned, delete the original one then just let Steam re-download to the new Ex. HDD. having detected majority of files needed for download, it'll just dl what is missing/fix files, hopefully.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there any any online legit game seller/shop from Russia?(like Nuveem for Brazil)?

I've bought a few RU-specific games from Yuplay.ru (Darksiders, Duke Nukem Forever, Football Manager 2011 and Take on Helicopters), but I couldn't speak to the site's legitimacy as far as being an authorised retailer is concerned. Tenrius can give you a proper answer.

tmarg

Is there any any online legit game seller/shop from Russia?(like Nuveem for Brazil)?

I don't think so. I'd actually be surprised if Nuuvem's keys don't get locked down too at some point in the near future. It doesn't make sense to crack down on cross region buying like this, and then leave that obvious a work around open.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't think so. I'd actually be surprised if Nuuvem's keys don't get locked down too at some point in the near future. It doesn't make sense to crack down on cross region buying like this, and then leave that obvious a work around open.

Maybe not. It doesn't directly affect their baseline like key trading does so they might not give a shit about it.

Yuplay.ru sounds good I guess. I might just shift to Russian keys from there because there's several game that are only locked at a activation level, not runtime.(including football manager 2015, lords of the fallen,etc)

i bet valve will find a way to block argieland off nuuvem too

just for kicks

They should give us similar prices to Brazil, not in pesos but in dollars, just like they did in Ukraine. That would be fair, considering that they can't give us a regional store in pesos because our economy is destroying itself.

Maniac

Banned
I still have mine if you want my 80% code? I already got the game.
Ooooh, yes please! <3
This promotion / coupon / thing has impeccable timing, I was intending on getting back into XCOM:EU two or three days prior to the start of the promotion :p... I'll shout at you on Steam, I suppose.

zkylon

zkylewd
They should give us similar prices to Brazil, not in pesos but in dollars, just like they did in Ukraine. That would be fair, considering that they can't give us a regional store in pesos because our economy is destroying itself.

or just add league of legends back to the store

i'd be cool with either

JaseC

Retail keys are trickier. The best Valve could do is make them OARIC-locked by default if they're region-specific, but this is more or less the case already.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Of course we're all broke at the same time, have you seen all the new releases lately?

I can't help but agree. Atleast I'm nearing 500 games, but god damn if my wallet isn't aching. I'll never get a G-sync monitor if I keep this up.
To be fair, he's an evil mastermind of ripping people off. I imagine that to him, anyone that isn't actively looking to rip-off their customers aren't doing it right.
... Although I bought DF9. And it was a god damn rip-off.

With the Autumn and Winter Sales fast approaching, I've decided to exercise a modicum of self-restraint frugality and ignore <66% discounts going forward, with a couple of exceptions (namely titles that are dirt cheap as a result of a lesser discount and software that is liable to be superseded before being discounted again -- I'm looking at you, everything-by-MAGIX).

I figured that.

"Follow Jase" is an objective? It figures that JaseC would be in the one game that he wouldn't be able to run :p

Upgrading that dish was a terrible idea on my part :/

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
When is the next big Steam sale again? Christmas?

My wallet is fuller than normal and I am fighting the urge to spend too much!

I will probably buy Mordor to hold me off till next sale, after I finish Vanishing of Ethan Carter than I just got.

MUnited83

For you.
Retail keys are trickier. The best Valve could do is make them OARIC-locked by default if they're region-specific, but this is more or less the case already.
Lords of the Fallen and Football Manager 2015 seem to be safe, right? I mean, they can probably put OARIC close to release I guess.

Jawmuncher

I will probably buy Mordor to hold me off till next sale, after I finish Vanishing of Ethan Carter than I just got.

There should be a halloween related sale.

JaseC

"Follow Jase" is an objective? It figures that JaseC would be in the one game that he wouldn't be able to run :p

Damn you and your taunts, Acti!

The next sale is the Halloween Sale on the 30th, but only games that fit the theme will be discounted. The Autumn Sale in late November will be the next one during which virtually everything will be discounted, but it's the Winter Sale about a month thereafter that's the biggest of the year, lasting two weeks and (presumably) incorporating some sort of meta-game. The general and special discounts between the AS and WS will be identical, however some new releases may skip the former and only be discounted during the latter (if at all).

Lomax

The Thanksgiving/Fall sale has identical discounts as the winter sale just for a shorter amount of time, but most of the major titles usually show up then. So at the most you're looking at waiting a little less than six weeks.

Nzyme32

I don't know what I am more fearful of - continuing to play Alien Isolation and eventually peeing myself, or having my laptop melt my hand during Alien Isolation

I've been holding off forever... for a lower price since I didn't feel it is justified at full price...

Is XCOM enemy within worth it?

Not just based on the price but actually worth playing again.

Turfster

Company of Heroes 2 Western Front Armies DLC seems glitched, basically getting you both DLCs (US Forces & Oberkommando) for the price of one of them

Maniac

Banned
Any Playfire-pros here? I can't sodding link my GMG account to it properly, nor my Steam account at all. Dafuq is dis shiet. x_x'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom