• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is me now. I used to feel like I needed them all as they came but then I stopped caring and haven't missed out on anything as a result. Pretty much only buy DLC now when it's an actual expansion to a game I want to play. Way too much trash cosmetic DLC on Steam and micro-dlc vomit (hi Paradox).

Honestly, it feels good to not support it anymore, too. I feel like a completely different person but I don't want to become the Steam-DLC version of that person we've all met, the one who recently discovered veganism and became militant after eating enough meat to feed a small village his entire life, so I'm going to slowly back away now.
You're right, DLC +1s is nowhere near impressive than game count +1s.

Here on gaf, no one would antagonize you for calling for boycotting cosmetic dlcs.

The Tomb Raider Collection is mine. I'm going to jump into the first game this weekend. It's been... at least a good 10 years since I last played it.

I got it for less than $8. Great value. I can't wait to jump into it as well. After Witcher 2 :3

With Canadian prices the way they are, I dropped $10.50 in wallet credit for keys. Still, it's a far better deal than the $18 or so it was normally.

I was actually going to buy the Guardian of Light pack a few weeks back on Gamergate for $4. Glad I didn't.

Shadownet

Banned
How did you people get that 80% off Enemy Withing coupon?
GMG is having their annual Joystick Award. If you vote you get a copy of X-com: Enemy Unknown, and if you play it for a couple of hours, you will get a coupon for 80% off Enemy Within for GMG.

Though some people report that they never got their coupon. I got mine despite havent play Enemy Unknown in months. But I do have 8 hours on record. So maybe your past hours count. I already gave my coupon away but I still have the code for Enemy Unknown to give away later.

Sini

GMG is having their annual Joystick Award. If you vote you get a copy of X-com: Enemy Unknown, and if you play it for a couple of hours, you will get a coupon for 80% off Enemy Within for GMG.

Though some people report that they never got their coupon. I got mine despite havent play Enemy Unknown in months. But I do have 8 hours on record. So maybe your past hours count. I already gave my coupon away but I still have the code for Enemy Unknown to give away later.

I have lots of hours already so I don't have much chance to get one?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
morning. here's something new, my The Evil Within is uninstalled. as in, is gray, I have to redownload it. I did NOT uninstall it, I was just playing last night... anyone ever see that before? o_O

edit: and COD Ghosts aswell, which I just downloaded yesterday...wtf?

Shadownet

Banned
morning. here's something new, my The Evil Within is uninstalled. as in, is gray, I have to redownload it. I did NOT uninstall it, I was just playing last night... anyone ever see that before? o_O

Ghost and Evil... Bro your PC is haunted.. Run.

that is weird though..

Lain

Your long lost evil twin finally found you?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thanks for the useful replies guys, I apreciate it :p

If this fucked my TEW save (it shouldnt but now I dunno) ill be pissed

Benedict

Check if your drive, you have the installation on, is connected. I lose connection to one of my HDDs now and then which makes the games look uninstalled, because Steam can't read that library.

Groupees Be Mine 15 is starting "soon".

Looks like it will be another build-a-bundle offer. Hope they'll have a preorder price - not really big on the "build your bundle" fad.

In an unrelated note, for some reason, a holiday bundle I purchased at the very beginning of this year suddenly popped into my bundle history. Had a Steam code for a copy of Doctor Who Adventure Games. That was a nice surprise.

Also, Humble Store is doing an Ecco the Dolphin bundle (Ecco 1, Tides of Time, Ecco Jr.) for $1. Might want to pick it up if you don't have any of the games (or are nostalgic like I am).

Shadownet

Banned
thanks for the useful replies guys, I apreciate it :p

If this fucked my TEW save (it shouldnt but now I dunno) ill be pissed
It shouldn't though since Steam save it to DA CLOUD!

I accidentally wiped my hard drive recently and my saves were still there when I redownloaded my games. Though some Witcher 2 saves were missing:/ but those were the only ones.

Rhaknar

Marvel is gone too (just noticed because it was completely gone, F2P games dont go "gray")... wtf is going on :/

Rhaknar

Have you checked your steamapps folder to see if the game files are actually gone?

yup, no marvel folder. Ghosts only had to download 21 gigs (of the 40), The Evil Within didnt download anything, so it was still in the harddrive I guess

something deffo happened tho, last night when I closed windows, computer actually rebooted and said "yo windows wasnt closed properly asshole do it again" but I just shrugged it off as a windows brain fart

edit: huh seems it wasnt just me:

Yesterday, Steam deleted 17 gigabytes from my Mordor download. I had to start over from scratch, which means I downloaded approximately 50 gigabytes for one game. The pain.

thats what happened with Ghosts to me. Steam brain fart last night?

Sini

Steam explore queue still gives games that aren't available in my region.

Edit: Damn, 4 unavailable games in a row.

What's the emulation like for these games?

If it's anything like the other Genesis/Megadrive collections, it's decent. All the games boot up from a central menu, and the quality's good enough for me. I don't know of any other emulators to compare it to, though.

Nzyme32

Does GMG always give out prepurchased keys on the day the game launches, or is there a chance they put them out slightly earlier so folks can pre-load?

Does GMG always give out prepurchased keys on the day the game launches, or is there a chance they put them out slightly earlier so folks can pre-load?

They usually do give out keys with enough time for preloads. That said, there have been quite a few instances where keys were delivered just before or even after launch. Sometimes shit happens.

Free weekend for Grid 2? Great! Let's try this one!

Step 1: Checking for DLC before it continues to the main menu, big no no.
Step 2: Forces me to run a tutorial race without any explanatio before I can actually start playing? Hate things like that.
Step 3: Oh, an achievement for progressing through a dead easy tutorial race? .....
Step 4: And another tutorial race.....
Step 5: Alt + F4

Asharakk

Free weekend for Grid 2? Great! Let's try this one!

Step 1: Checking for DLC before it continues to the main menu, big no no.
Step 2: Forces me to run a tutorial race without any explanatio before I can actually start playing? Hate things like that.
Step 3: Oh, an achievement for progressing through a dead easy tutorial race? .....
Step 4: And another tutorial race.....
Step 5: Alt + F4

Pretty much sums up my reactions to it as well.

Nzyme32

They put the Bioshock Infinite earlier and i was able to preload.

They usually put them out earlier.

They usually do give out keys with enough time for preloads. That said, there have been quite a few instances where keys were delivered just before or even after launch. Sometimes shit happens.

Thanks good to know, especially with my crappy internet speed. I picked up Civ BE from GMG but have no idea when I'll eventually get it. Firaxis have mentioned that they will be doing a pre-load soon so hopefully I'll get the key when that kicks off

Rhaknar

Lol GMG. Raised the price of Civ:BE to £40 again a week before launched, but with "25% off!" Such savings.

still 49.99€ with no discount here (not counting vouchers)

The Evil Within chapters 6 and 7 feel so much like RE it might aswell be called RE7. I mean that in a good way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom