• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ironically, the Archage launcher maxes out my download speed, something not even steam does

I have 811 hours, the community is the same as other MOBAS.

Hmmm I guess I should have expected as much, but it gets a good number of players regularly?

I can't commit to something like DOTA2 but I loved the MNC spin on the formula and this looks like it scratches that itch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Keep in mind

Speed test is Mb
Steam is MB
Archeage is ??

both Steam and this Archage laucher actually its a Trion worlds launcher it seems, called Glyph) are MB

Archage is going at 10.6, max I usually get on steam is 9.something, usually high 8s

louiedog

both Steam and this Archage laucher actually its a Trion worlds launcher it seems, called Glyph) are MB

Archage is going at 10.6, max I usually get on steam is 9.something, usually high 8s

What's your max speed?

I remember when people were excited about how Origin was downloading at much higher than Steam, which was already maxing out their connection, because Origin was lying.

Sarcasm

GLYPH for me sucks..not only can't you do much when its updates..its slow.

Steam I get 10mb/s on the down ^.^

Not bad for free internet =D

Nete

How far from the end am I in XCOM EU when I do the mission where you
get into the underground alien base after manufacturing its key
?

You are around halfway if I remember correctly. A bit earlier probably, as you can delay it as much as you want.

Rhaknar

What's your max speed?

I remember when people were excited about how Origin was downloading at much higher than Steam, which was already maxing out their connection, because Origin was lying.

its 100Mb connection so 10MB should be the max right?

and Archage speed seems real since it was 10gigs and its done... maybe I should stream it, I know very very little about it except its a sandbox mmo, whatever that means (ive played pretty much every mmo and i still dont know the difference between sandbox mmo and theme park mmos)

edit: new bundlestars is pretty cheap and pretty terrible. it has culling of the cows tho

RS4-

How far from the end am I in XCOM EU when I do the mission where you
get into the underground alien base after manufacturing its key
?

You still have a fair bit to go, but you can take your time as well.

As long as you don't screw around and not take care of countries lol.

Grief.exe

its 100Mb connection so 10MB should be the max right?

and Archage speed seems real since it was 10gigs and its done... maybe I should stream it, I know very very little about it except its a sandbox mmo, whatever that means (ive played pretty much every mmo and i still dont know the difference between sandbox mmo and theme park mmos)

edit: new bundlestars is pretty cheap and pretty terrible. it has culling of the cows tho

Sandbox is where the user controls the content. Think the economy, wars, and regional control in EVE, or Star Wars Galaxies.

Theme park is where the developers create the content the user experiences. Think raids and content in wow.

I believe acrheage is a mix of the two to an extent.

user237

For people talking about Grandia, I recently replayed the DC version of Grandia II on my TV using nulldc and it worked really well. The 360 controller is pretty nice for DC games too.

I haven't tried Grandia 1 so I don't know about that one.

Tizoc

Gamersgate gave me a 20% discount code, but they don't have the one game I want atm: Dreamfall Chapters :/

Wonder if they'll get Korra...

Man, I've been slacking on Dark Souls 2 3rd DLC but goddammit it's brilliant. Sense of adventure is outmatched there.

in unrelated news, goddamn it bothers me irrationally much that people are complaining about download sizes while wanting everything to be bigger, better and so on. Compression can do only so much.

17GB now, thanks. Still a lot, though. I think I am just going to d/l binary domain today instead. 4.9GB is much more doable and I can start downloading B:I while I'm playing that.
i wouldnt do that

binary domain is way better and afterwards youll just wish you were playing it again instead of bioshock

and this is coming from someone who really liked infinite

Miker

i wouldnt do that

binary domain is way better and afterwards youll just wish you were playing it again instead of bioshock

I'll also vouch for this. Infinite wasn't particularly memorable besides the ending. Binary Domain was a fun, incredibly fast-paced ride for the entire game.

Enjoy some spare shanking!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants: I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help. ModBot Basics: - I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Freedom = $1.05, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread. - Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site. - If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two. Rules for this Giveaway: - If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible - This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve. Shank -- MB-AC00F8A849F07B9A - Taken by Saty. 3 entrants total.
t1413650362z1.png

The 30% off voucher for Civ: Beyond Earth which GMG just mailed me has got to make it the cheapest option, right?

The good thing about the voucher is that it's valid till the 31st of the month. So we can wait for reviews/user impressions after it's release on the 24th and then decide whether or not to get it.

Spyware

I think I'm gonna end up posting more givaways than regular posts...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spyware, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Plants vs. Zombies: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-B7EA670ABA98FB38 - Taken by Jadax. 1 entrants total.
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Episode Two -- MB-922ECF9827D7D9F8 - Taken by AsylumX. 2 entrants total.
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Episode One -- MB-80F4148023A8504A - Taken by Hanzou. 1 entrants total.
Shank -- MB-382A78C025DE2E29 - Taken by Ryne. 1 entrants total.
Shank 2 -- MB-FFFFE7A17A7967D9 - Taken by WinterDemons. 3 entrants total.

t1413651321z1.png

Benedict

Another Shank hits the fan.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Shank -- MB-23E128A9A8FF75A1 - Taken by Shalashaska

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of louiedog, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (louiedog, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic (GOG) -- MB-D03D2CF5BBC14535 - Taken by Casimir. 4 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic -- MB-A22E8EA8353A9C9E - Taken by VikasNarula. 24 entrants total.

t1413655220z1.png

i wouldnt do that

I've already played through about 4 hours of Binary Domain on my last computer about a year ago. I gave up because the boss battles were all but broken on my ATi video card. I think my tastes are just different because I wasn't really loving Binary Domain. The reason I enjoy the bioshock games is the lore and the environments. I'm just finishing up Bioshock 2 and I would already say I like that game more than what I played of Binary Domain. But, I'm giving it another shot.

I've already played through about 4 hours of Binary Domain on my last computer about a year ago. I gave up because the boss battles were all but broken on my ATi video card. I think my tastes are just different because I wasn't really loving Binary Domain. The reason I enjoy the bioshock games is the lore and the environments. I'm just finishing up Bioshock 2 and I would already say I like that game more than what I played of Binary Domain. But, I'm giving it another shot.
Oh you'll love infinite then. Just wandering around looking at environments was great. Stunning direction.

Jawmuncher

I was looking through my surprisingly large OnLive library (please don't judge, I was young and had no PC) and came across this hot rare title that I own, jelly JaseC??? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I actually bought the 100 dollar onlive system.
Dumbest gaming related idea I ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom