• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
this stopped being the case about 4 years ago.
If it's not the ending, it's other important parts that got gutted for profit

Very uncool, but it was something to be abused sooner or later.
Maybe its the food belly but I can't think of a game where the true ending was hidden behind a paywall via DLC.

Though in Mass Effect 3 case. The ending explanation came later in a DLC. Though that was free.

Syfy. Remember when they had Scifi? Pepperidge farm remembers. Anyway, 31 days? Bloody hell, I can't even think of 31 decent halloween-esque horror films, let alone enough stuff to fill a good chunk of 31 days. Jeez.
There are a lot of reruns, like you might have Final Destination in the morning and it will run again at 9PM. There's a movie every 2 hours.

You can find the entire schedule online. Though I do find it funny that some movies that are barely considered horror are on the list as well. Like HellBoy.

Zeliard

I recall Durante saying earlier he was not a Bayonetta fan.

Not only is this a staggering disappointment, but it disqualifies every bit of good Durante has ever been said to have given PC gaming.

DSFix?

Puh.

Deadly Premonition?

Puh.

FFXIII?

Puh.

You don't like Bayonetta, Durante?

Well, fuck you.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
From what I heard, the non-DLC ending was a lot better and impactful than the DLC one tho.

agreed :) and I played the DLC :p

ubi, goddammit - make another PoP already ... it's been waaaaaay too long
(but I swear - if it's just going to be another UbiSoft: The Game #57843 open-world bullshit I'm gonna be FURIOUS!!!! don't you even fucking dare!!!)

also - who are you? :p

dani_dc

I recall Durante saying earlier he was not a Bayonetta fan.

Not only is this a staggering disappointment, but it disqualifies every bit of good Durante has ever been said to have given PC gaming.

DSFix?

Puh.

Deadly Premonition?

Puh.

FFXIII?

Puh.

You don't like Bayonetta, Durante?

Well, fuck you.

Even technical greats are allowed to have bad taste :(

Phawx

Any of you guys know a service that keeps a bead on trading card prices? Sort of like camelcamelcamel for amazon?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Man, I'm currently playing Valiant Hearts and what the fuck Ubisoft?
The game is beautiful, the music is used perfectly to accompany the tone and the game shifts pretty seamlessly between a slightly comedic tone and a deeply haunting and depressing mood......

.....and then you stuff it full with " OH YOU FOUND THAT CLORINE GAS THING, AWESOME TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT IT ON FACEBOOK OR TWITTER!!"

Seriously? Fuck off.

Man, I'm currently playing Valiant Hearts and what the fuck Ubisoft?
The game is beautiful, the music is used perfectly to accompany the tone and the game shifts pretty seamlessly between a slightly comedic tone and a deeply haunting and depressing mood......

.....and then you stuff it full with " OH YOU FOUND THAT CLORINE GAS THING, AWESOME TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT IT ON FACEBOOK OR TWITTER!!"

Seriously? Fuck off.

Yea I found that a bit jarring too. In fact, the whole idea of having collectibles in a game with this tone didn't really sit well with me.

Omega

Banned
Maybe its the food belly but I can't think of a game where the true ending was hidden behind a paywall via DLC.

Though in Mass Effect 3 case. The ending explanation came later in a DLC. Though that was free.

i remember playing Alan Wake on 360 and wondered why the end was so shit. My friend told me the DLC is the real ending

not sure how true that is, because i didn't care enough to even waste the free microsoft points i had.

Oneironaut

Neo Member
So is Nimble Quest any good? I see a bunch of people bought it but presume it's for a $0.49 +1.

I really like it. Even without the cards I'd says it's worth playing. It's a fairly simple concept but enjoyable.

I played the Android version for a while but it got real grindy. The PC version has the microtransactions removed and the gem income is rebalanced so the game feels a lot less grindy.

Zeliard

I'm not a weirdo

image.php

KarmaCow

I really like the heists in Payday 1, both in terms of design and the context for your actions but it's really hard to get past the wonky shooting and enemy hit reactions. There's just too much jank. Payday 2 is hardly polished either but just plays so much better even if the heist themselves are less ambitious. The devs said they aren't considering porting over the PD1 heists, but I really wish I could play something like Heat Street in PD2.

AsfaeksBR

Just passing through to say that Watch_Dogs ain't as bad as everyone says it is.
It's not as good as GTA, but the gameplay is pretty damn entertaining.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
i remember playing Alan Wake on 360 and wondered why the end was so shit. My friend told me the DLC is the real ending

not sure how true that is, because i didn't care enough to even waste the free microsoft points i had.
Nah the DLC is just kinda segue material for the sequel we will never get.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Eternia, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Eternia, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SpeedRunners #2 -- MB-175D2830B4697935 - Taken by Ruruja. 10 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-5D396959B0F3110D - Taken by -Deimos. 6 entrants total.
SpeedRunners #3 -- MB-D84C863941512E04 - Taken by TheAutomator. 9 entrants total.

t1413686722z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
Zeliard is planning world domination, by making us buy a game about a sexy witch with provocative powers.

I'm also starting to think Zeliard is the uncle in "An Uncle Who Work At Nintendo"

Tenrius

Incidentally, Bayonetta 2 is launching a day early here in Moscow and they're hosting some sort of special event on Thursday. Still debating if I should go.

I'd also really like to know what Nimble Quest is and why my whole Steam activity feed suddenly consists of it (other than it being extremely cheap, of course).

Parsnip

Remember to always back up your data folks.
My external drive was suddenly showing as not initialized. Grabbed a screwdriver, pried open the enclosure and hooked the drive up directly with an internal sata connector. And it works fine, phew, all data is safe.
Was shitting bricks for a moment there.
But now I'm thinking I need to invest on backups more.

I just finished Assassin's Creed 3 but I don't remember this in the game. Did I miss it, or was it just not there?
L7h2hMZ.jpg

AC Liberation has canoes, I wonder why they ended up not having them in AC3. Come to think of it, is there a lot of water in the frontier of AC3, I can't remember.

Jawmuncher

Just beat the Vergils Downfall DLC for DmC.
I believe dante81 recently played it as well.
Was a nice addition to the game just enough worthwhile story content and Vergil plays differently from dante which is great. Actually recalling their styles I definitley like Vergils more. Definitley worth the 2 bucks it's usually at come sale time.

Also it made me think just how much I like the DmC universe to DMC. Though if I could have the best setting it would be a mesh of the two. Since DMC does have some things I prefer over DmC. I'm talking strictly story and such not combat. Makes me wonder though how a DmC 2 would be if developed by capcom JP.

Deitus

Zeliard is planning world domination, by making us buy a game about a sexy witch with provocative powers.

I'm also starting to think Zeliard is the uncle in "An Uncle Who Work At Nintendo"

Zeliard: OH CHILD
Zeliard: YOU CANNOT RUN CHILD
Zeliard: HELLO CHILD
Zeliard: NO MORE WORRIES CHILD
Zeliard: HELLO CHILD
Zeliard: $struggle = CEASE
Zeliard: $screaming = CEASE
Zeliard: I HAVE FRIENDS FOR YOU CHILD
Zeliard: F̟R̎I͔E᷆N᷾D̔S̝͙̜ ᷿F̪O̷R͢ ̰Y̬O̾Ṳ
Zeliard: I͍̓̓N̠̓̓ ̓̀̓T̓̊̓H̱̓̓Ẹ̺̓̓̓̓͝ ͍̓̓D̓̉̓A̱̓̓R̓᷀̓K̓̇̓
Zeliard: Y͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈̿̆̿O͈̠͈͈̠͈̞͈̠͈͈̠͈̿̿U͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈̿ͧ̿ ͈̠͈͈̠͈͔͈̠͈͈̠͈̿̿W͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈̿ͤ̿I͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈̿̊̿͆̿̿͟L͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈̿͆̿L͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈̿̆̿ ͈̠͈͈̠͈̹͈̠͈͈̠͈̿̿P̡͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈̿̿L͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈̿ͩ̿A͈̠͈͈̠͈͕͈̠͈͈̠͈̿̿Y͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈̿̿͢ ͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈̿͛̿F͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈̿ͪ̿O̡͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈̿̿R͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈̿̐̿E͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈̿ͭ̿V͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈̿᷀̿E͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈̿̈́̿R͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈͈̠͈̿ͨ̿

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom