• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyware

Do you guys recommend Alice Madness Return and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands? Some guy on dispenser is selling them for pretty cheap.
Madness Returns is great... half the time :p The levels are twice as long as I'd like them to be. But I hate padding in games and like games like that to be short. But for cheap and if that isn't your biggest problem with games then sure, it's a cool game.
Forgotten Sands was a suprisingly positive experience. Reviewed it for the swedish Eurogamer site and gave it 7/10 i think. The site is gone so I can't check it :p But I liked it.

Edit: I should probably add that 7/10 on the eurogamer scale was "solid, good game", not "average and meh" :p

Stage 1: No store purchases/CD key activations/gifting and trading privileges (including gift activations)
Stage 2: The above plus no Steam Community access at all

No buying games, no market, no trading, no activating of cd-keys, no access to community. Basically you can download and play your existent library.

Ah I see. Has this also happened to people who've bypassed ACRTAG locks or just people who use VPN to buy region-locked games?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
hmm ... that's odd ... I'm pretty sure I've checked a few days ago whether Depth was region-locked ... and it was (acrtag, of course) ... but it isn't any more ...

how strange

After that news story the other day, I'm starting to wonder how many Australian people are full of spiders, whether or not they realize it. >.>

Australian people ARE spiders ... just look at Jase ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
After that news story the other day, I'm starting to wonder how many Australian people are full of spiders, whether or not they realize it. >.>

Andrew Niccol would have done well to cast aside Stephenie Meyer's cliched dreck in pursuit of this idea.

derExperte

What's the line on the new 970 and 980s?

Best manufacturer?
980 vs 970 (with potentially another down the line in SLI)?

I've gotten the urge to upgrade and then try to sell my 770...
Is nVidia giving free games with new card purchases at the moment?

imo MSI or Asus because their fans turn off. I went from MSI to Asus because of a fan problem.
970 because much better value
no games because they can't produce enough to satisfy demand anyway
beware of coil whine
read this whole thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=897689

Zia

Man, Payday, like Killing Floor, seems like it'd be a really interesting game if I could get past its aesthetic issues. Blech.

--

Anyone playing Ultimate General: Gettysburg? Looks lovely.

Pakoe

I totally forgot
Iw7bo9y.png

Welcome to the cool kids club

ibvZMdSTsOZyUq.png

JaseC

Ah I see. Has this also happened to people who've bypassed ACRTAG locks or just people who use VPN to buy region-locked games?

I'm not aware of anybody who's been punished for circumventing activation-level region-locks on gifts, but it does fall under the umbrella of using a VPN to skirt region-specific pricing on the Steam Store itself, which is something Valve doesn't take kindly to, and so I'd recommend against tempting fate.

MUnited83

For you.

There's no cases I'm aware of people being banned for bypassing ACRTAG. It's generally not advised but we don't have any proof that Valve will do anything for that. We do know that activating CD-KEYS with VPN is alright.

Trying to use VPN to buy games cross-region directly will get you the revoking of the game and a warning, I believe.

Shadownet

Banned
I saw a guy with a copy of Fable 3 in his inventory. How much are those worth? If it's not too much I might try and buy it off of him. I think I'm the only one who liked the game.

So uh, Payday 2 guys, is there like, an easier mission than Firestarter?

I tried it out during a free weekend playing in single-player - well, I felt too noob to play online with other people so I did some practice, although this game is meant for online coop - and I have found "Four shops" on Easy to be more approachable than other missions, once I got the ropes of the gameplay, and afterwards I was able to do the Jewellery, the first bank robbery and other missions, until the museum.

Turfster

I tried it out during a free weekend playing in single-player - well, I felt too noob to play online with other people so I did some practice, although this game is meant for online coop - and I have found "Four shops" on Easy to be more approachable than other missions, once I got the ropes of the gameplay, and afterwards I was able to do the Jewellery, the first bank robbery and other missions, until the museum.

Yeah, Jewellery is easier... if the fucking mission selector doesn't randomly assign it 4 skulls just because. Single player is useless for training because the AI is so dumb it doesn't even pick up bags, and half the time doesn't even shoot at the cops either.
This game is a fucking troll.

Cheddahz

Banned
have fun or something
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cheddahz, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nimble Quest #1 -- MB-42A72257282E131E - Taken by Sarcasm. 5 entrants total.
Nimble Quest #2 -- MB-22AC0E9444219EDB - Taken by Darkroronoa. 5 entrants total.

t1413679762z1.png

Yay, think I've wrecked my laptop after 2 days of having it. Well done you utter imbecile. Was attempting to put Windows 7/Ubuntu dual boot on it, with some light gaming intentions, but it seems that things have messed up.

Also, despite it really adding little over 2, I'm enjoying my time with Borderlands TPS so far, guess I'm a sucker for laser guns.

MUnited83

For you.
I saw a guy with a copy of Fable 3 in his inventory. How much are those worth? If it's not too much I might try and buy it off of him. I think I'm the only one who liked the game.

This guy is selling for 14 keys (reasonable, I think): http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/18928933

There are more people selling it but they do not have a fixed price.

Also, holy shit, Deadpool seems to be at 40/50 keys. Holy shit. I should have picked up some extra copies when it was just 12 keys. Oh well, got one for me so that's good enough :)

masterkajo

So GMG no longer offers Dark Souls 2 and its Season Pass? Wh...? Now that I have the credits to buy the Season Pass with credits they no longer offer it. Seems fitting.

Single player is useless for training because the AI is so dumb it doesn't even pick up bags, and half the time doesn't even shoot at the cops either.

Yes, in single-player you have to do pretty much everything single-handedly, yet once you get the hang of it and know what to do for what I ahve seen the game is playable somehow - I have watched someone on Youtube perfecting the jewelry on hardest difficulty, but it looks quite hard - although now that I have tried it I can see why people advice against playing it in single player.

iosefe

Yeah, Jewellery is easier... if the fucking mission selector doesn't randomly assign it 4 skulls just because. Single player is useless for training because the AI is so dumb it doesn't even pick up bags, and half the time doesn't even shoot at the cops either.

it needs people basically. which is unfortunate, but great when you have people for example, corrosive and i do heist often. i'm usually the camera man and he's the ninja.

do you have an open spot?

KarmaCow

I'm guessing the host just pulled one that popped up instead of buying it from the contract broker and those are completely random.

The game used to have a indicator of how difficult each individual heist relative to the other ones but even that was pretty inaccurate. I think the devs just accepted that the fanbase is what it's going to be so either people will know or newer players will brute force themselves over the hump.

Yes, in single-player you have to do pretty much everything single-handedly, yet once you get the hang of it and know what to do for what I ahve seen the game is playable somehow - I have watched someone on Youtube perfecting the jewellery on hardest difficulty, but it looks quite hard - although now that I have tried it I can see why people advice against playing it in single player.

It's simpler than it seems. Take out the guards individually (on Jewelry Store, there are only 2 most of the time), and shout down the civilians. The hardest part is moving the bags to the van. Having more people is just useful for tying civilians up so they can get up, but you can also kill them if you don't care about the cash penalty.

JaseC

Also, holy shit, Deadpool seems to be at 40/50 keys. Holy shit. I should have picked up some extra copies when it was just 12 keys. Oh well, got one for me so that's good enough :)

For quite a while following the game's disappearance from Steam it was possible to buy Steam keys from Acti's own store. Just something to remember come January. ;)

JaseC

I think Lords of the Fallen is self published on PC.

Digitally, yeah, which probably explains why the PC DD version is exclusive to Steam. GameFly/GamersGate/GMG/I-could-probably-keep-going don't offer it.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
"Pretty fun" is an understatement. I 100%'d it (including skillshots, excluding achivements).

but, but, but ... how is that even possible? O_O that game doesn't have thousands of collectibles O_O

zkylon

zkylewd
i just discovered you can increase the amount of arrows you buy by tens in dark souls 2 by pressing left and right dpad

i would've loved knowing this 100 hours ago

Thanks for the link Bernardo! but 14 keys might be too much :3

So Bulletstorm look pretty fun huh?

yeah bulletstorm is pretty great, gameplay's really fun and i love its humor

dicktits

hehhh

Any thoughts about Grid 2? Due to my download cap I don't want to do the free trial thing, only will download if I'm buying it. I usually prefer racers more on the sim end but I'm open minded.

JaseC

Speaking of GFWL and whatever, Microsoft charging $10 to change your gamertag if you desire to do so outside of the first 30 days of creating your profile is some bullshit. I understand the intention is to discourage name changes, but at the very least the first should be free. On the bright side, I was expecting to pay $10 only to find that I had $15 in Spacebucks waiting for me, so it was essentially free.

Spyware

Speaking of GFWL and whatever, Microsoft charging $10 to change your gamertag if you desire to do so outside of the first 30 days of creating your profile is some bullshit. I understand the intention is to discourage name changes, but at the very least the first should be free. On the bright side, I was expecting to pay $10 only to find that I had $15 in Spacebucks waiting for me, so it was essentially free.
I don't like having to pay for it but at least it's possible to actually do. GrumbleSonygrumble.

I still think the Steam way is the way to go tho. Separate account name and display name. Ups security a bit too.

derExperte

I'd pay 10€ to change my PSN name. Nintendo ain't much better afaik.

JaseC

I don't like having to pay for it but at least it's possible to actually do. GrumbleSonygrumble.

Very true.

Edit: Blizzard, not supporting the paste function for your password reset form is really, really, really stupid. Like, really. Really really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom