• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

Just beat Batman: Arkham Origins. Was gonna skip it but when Arkham Knight got delayed further I traded a couple of TF2 keys for it, and I'm glad I did. Aside from some slight jank and the linear unlock progression I liked it better than City. In particular, the city is now just slightly dull instead of really dull like Arkham City was. Story was also a lot more interesting even if it went in some... disappointing directions mid-game. Spoilers:
Joker, again? C'mon. This version of him was pretty brutal though.
I award it three Batmans.

I guess I'll get the DLC and Blackgate next, and then pray to the VRAM gods my 770 can run Arkham Knight at an acceptable frame rate. Already couldn't keep 60 FPS in this one with PhysX at max, but eh. PhysX.

Alright, that's game #97 finished for this year.
Assassin's Creed Liberation was a pretty fun game, although there was quite a lot of glitches I experienced.
It took me 8.6hrs to complete, and that's with killing all the CitizenE targets and getting the true ending(thanks to everyone who replied to an earlier post I made asking if it was worth it<3)
It's a pretty fun game, and I'd totally be down for more AC games based on Aveline/characters like Aveline.

Although when Gérard was flirting with her and Aveline said he is a great friend, oooohh, that was rough to watch.

Just beat Batman: Arkham Origins. Was gonna skip it but when Arkham Knight got delayed further I traded a couple of TF2 keys for it, and I'm glad I did. Aside from some slight jank and the linear unlock progression I liked it better than City. In particular, the city is now just slightly dull instead of really dull like Arkham City was. Story was also a lot more interesting even if it went in some... disappointing directions mid-game. Spoilers:
Joker, again? C'mon. This version of him was pretty brutal though.
I award it three Batmans.

I guess I'll get the DLC and Blackgate next, and then pray to the VRAM gods my 770 can run Arkham Knight at an acceptable frame rate. Already couldn't keep 60 FPS in this one with PhysX at max, but eh. PhysX.

I enjoyed it way more than AC. I thought some things were not so great in the story of AC (or even looked a bit stupid), and the city itself was completely uninteresting.

I really enjoyed the story of AO, since it's the prototype of the Batman stories that I like (especially the Christmas time setting). The only downsides would be the presence of too many bugs and too many QTEs.

Kabouter

Alright, that's game #97 finished for this year.
Assassin's Creed Liberation was a pretty fun game, although there was quite a lot of glitches I experienced.
It took me 8.6hrs to complete, and that's with killing all the CitizenE targets and getting the true ending(thanks to everyone who replied to an earlier post I made asking if it was worth it<3)
It's a pretty fun game, and I'd totally be down for more AC games based on Aveline/characters like Aveline.

Although when Gérard was flirting with her and Aveline said he is a great friend, oooohh, that was rough to watch.

Well, AC4 has a super short DLC mission where you play as Aveline as well :p. I agree though, it's a solid game, and Aveline is probably my second favourite protagonist in the series (after Haytham Kenway).

Well, AC4 has a super short DLC mission where you play as Aveline as well :p. I agree though, it's a solid game, and Aveline is probably my second favourite protagonist in the series (after Haytham Kenway).
I was gonna play that when I played through AC4 earlier this year but I hadn't completed ACL yet so I decided against it, currently debating if it's worth reinstalling the like 30GBs, last time I tried to download AC4 through uplay it was a nightmare :(
It'd either use up all my internet speed slowing the net down for everyone in the house or when I capped it, it'd make my CPU usage skyrocket.

Tecl0n

So if i'm reading the bayo2 thread correctly there is no longer a holy trio of action games, but a new crowned champion?

I'm in for chivalry.

Kabouter

I was gonna play that when I played through AC4 earlier this year but I hadn't completed ACL yet so I decided against it, currently debating if it's worth reinstalling the like 30GBs, last time I tried to download AC4 through uplay it was a nightmare :(
It'd either use up all my internet speed slowing the net down for everyone in the house or when I capped it, it'd make my CPU usage skyrocket.

Eh, save it for if you ever decide to replay AC4. The DLC really can't be more than a half hour long.

Shadownet

Banned
I just saw this in Community. Lol Bring a new meaning to wallhack.
F48163F0A592D5E84D50822A87D12BB37766FA81

So bear with me here. I know I have to download the Private Server Tool to set up a server for Chivalry tomorrow. What I'm wondering is. Does everyone need to download the private server tool? or just the host?

Miguel81

The
flashback to the Alien planet
around chapter 10 of Alien Isolation was just fabulous -- many shots taken during this section. And yes, like another poster said before, the flamethrower is fabulous and gave me two cheevos in less than a minute. Not that I really care about cheevos btw.

I quickly ran past all the working joes and went into an elevator, I thought I was safe then I turned around and saw one of them was in it with me, I panicked and fired four shots into its face, then I realized I have my jackhammer with me then finished it with it.

BasilZero

SteamGAF - anyone here played the Steam version of Beyond Good and Evil?

If so, how bearable is it considering its a old port? Or should I go for the GOG version?

Omega

Banned
Lol what? I...Did he commit sudoku?

i actually texted him and asked if he was still alive one day lol

said he got some IT job and became super busy and didnt feel like playing anything when he got home so he just never got back on. i like to leave that part out, just make people think Deadliest Warrior is the reason he doesn't get on anymore

BasilZero

How many countries can you loose in XCOM EU before you are screwed? I lost India, and UK, Russia and Australia are at limit. :(

any satellites available? if you do, launch them into those areas to drop the terror alert a bit... but off the top of my head... 4? 5? its been a long time since i last played

Shadownet

Banned
I'm an idiot.
Wasted an hour downloading "Age of Chivalry" Server instead of "Chivalry:Medieval Warfare" Server. I swear, having a full stomach lower your IQ by 50.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I'm an idiot.
Wasted an hour downloading "Age of Chivalry" Server instead of "Chivalry:Medieval Warfare" Server. I swear, having a full stomach lower your IQ by 50.

All energy is focused on digestion.

I'm talking out of my ass, 3 beers in but it sounds plausible.

Anustart

Played some Portal 2 tonight for the first time in a long time. This game is basically me. The writing is so good. valve needs to revisit portal or HL asap.

JustLynx

So today is my Birthday! yay...
;_;
Let me celebrate it by giving away some nice games as a big thank you for being great!
Sorry for not giving some crazy new AAA games =(

Ultra Street Fighter IV is my GFWL key, some people said that if I give my key it should give another copy, but I'm not sure, just saying...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ARMA Tactics -- MB-E82E503951DAD7AF - Taken by darkchewie. 8 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-0CB076DFEE2CD3EF - Taken by agniswarm. 6 entrants total.
Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle -- MB-8B5D97558DCBFD64 - Taken by autoduelist. 10 entrants total.
Goat Simulator -- MB-CB3DB1AB21E179F0 - Taken by hohoXD123. 54 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Ultra Street Fighter IV -- MB-DBBA901D284859CE - Taken by Mavromatis. 49 entrants total.
Legend of Dungeon -- MB-5568EF64EBDAC473 - Taken by chronomac. 11 entrants total.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-F6BEFAC72644E097 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 5 entrants total.
Skyrim -- MB-8B0330FD4B846D6E - Taken by kudoboi. 25 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-581522F133090D09 - Taken by Rudakus. 6 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-2F6E27834D440F01 - Taken by Majukun. 8 entrants total.

t1413786743z1.png

any satellites available? if you do, launch them into those areas to drop the terror alert a bit... but off the top of my head... 4? 5? its been a long time since i last played

I have one satellite, but not enough uplink capability, I'm building an uplink but it's taking a long time.

Happy Birthday Lynx !

Miguel81

;_;
Let me celebrate it by giving away some nice games as a big thank you for being great!

Happy Birthday, JustLynx! Shouldn't we be giving you a present instead of the opposite? It's cool with me either way, though.

Anteater

;_;

Ultra Street Fighter IV is my GFWL key, some people said that if I give my key it should give another copy, but I'm not sure, just saying...

happy bday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom