• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
More important than buying Bayonetta 2 is going to see Interstellar in real legit IMAX while simultaneously throwing shade at 2001 A Space Odyssey the film that ruined sci fi for the last 60 years.

Tellaerin

More important than buying Bayonetta 2 is going to see Interstellar in real legit IMAX while simultaneously throwing shade at 2001 A Space Odyssey the film that ruined sci do for the last 60 years.

I think you're doing that "being controversial for the sake of being controversial" thing again. >.>

Durante

You don't like Bayonetta, Durante?

Well, fuck you.
Actually, more specifically, I said that I have no interest in it since it's not my genre. I have no particular opinion about it, not having played either the original or the sequel. I don't know if that's more or less outrageous than not liking it though :p

Shadownet

Banned
Anyone interested in having a Chivalry GAF Night tomorrow? (I also have a spare copy of the game if someone wanna buy it. Bought a 4 pack.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hello friends.

How are you on this fine Saturday (or Sunday for you foreigner weirdos)?
I bought Bayonetta for PS3 today, thanks to the PSN flash sale. Am I still a good person?

Oh, nice reminder, last time I was invited to L4D2 and TF2 I only noticed it wasn't downloaded when I went to boot it.
You still haven't downloaded them, right? Do you feel like a hero yet?

MLlpZwB.png

dani_dc

I bought Bayonetta for PS3 today, thanks to the PSN flash sale. Am I still a good person?

You gain brownie points for trying, but you might as well have bought Sonic The Hedgehog GBA port.

You still haven't downloaded them, right? Do you feel like a hero yet?

I did download them at the time and I still have them around, even though I never really play them
and they both remind me of you-know-who.

RS4-

Ok just got Payday 2 but wtf, is the install size really 30GB?

Looking around, apparently a patch trimmed that by 20. But, it still asks for 30GBs lol.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You gain brownie points for trying, but you might as well have bought Sonic The Hedgehog GBA port.

I did download them at the time and I still have them around, even though I never really play them
and they both remind me of you-know-who.
Hey, I've done my homework and read that the PS3 port isn't that bad. Don't forget that I can't distinguish between 30 and 60 FPS.

Oh, and I'm sorry for those games. It's a shame that Voldemort had to be a L4D2 fan :(

(sorry, can't avoid making terrible jokes whenever I get the chance)

dani_dc

Hey, I've done my homework and read that the PS3 port isn't that bad. Don't forget that I can't distinguish between 30 and 60 FPS.

Oh, and I'm sorry for those games. It's a shame that Voldemort had to be a L4D2 fan :(

Play 60fps for an hour and then 30fps with the same game and you'll notice right away.

Plus, this genre is one of the worst to play under 60fps, it affects the gameplay quite a bit. And I hear the game goes under 30fps as well.

It's my fault that "Voldermort" become a L4D2 , and she was way more of a L4D1 fan anyway.

I never saw or read Harry Potter.

derExperte

I did it anyway, no risk, no new browser, and so far I didn't get locked out. Maybe Steam checks the IP and some other stuff too.

I re-read a few paragraphs here and it is a bad port with many technical problems (unstable framerate that dips under 30, tearing, worse textures, blurriness, excessive load times even during gameplay). I only played the demo and the issues were enough to not make me want to get the full game.

On PS3, it looks like an Xbox 360 exclusive that has been dragged unwilling, kicking and screaming across the divide.

Tellaerin

That reminded me. I saw a guy in an awesome Sauron costume at New York Comic-Con (amazing armor, and he was on stilts!), posing for pictures with a couple of kids dressed as Hogwarts students. This led me to ask if he was the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.

Suffice it to say, you're not the only one who likes making terrible jokes. >.>

Skyzard

Banned
Is GTA4 as bad as the hate it gets here? Nope. Same with Watch Dogs.

Anyone interested in having a Chivalry GAF Night tomorrow? (I also have a spare copy of the game if someone wanna buy it. Bought a 4 pack.

Hell yes to a chivalry night!

With Project Cars delayed it leaves FC4, AC and CoD out of the big ones for next month. Not hooked on any at full price to be honest. It's been a very good month or two for games at least.

Miguel81

With Project Cars delayed it leaves FC4, AC and CoD out of the big ones for next month. Not hooked on any at full price to be honest. It's been a very good month or two for games at least.

Hell yes, when was the last time we had 2 big-budget horror games(good ones too) released in one month?

Skyzard

Banned
Hell yes, when was the last time we had 2 big-budget horror games(good ones too) released in one month?

I don't even usually like horror games but I'm really enjoying both.

Far Cry 4 does look decent. I'm sure AC will be alright too, and pretty. Damn even Cod looks good.

I ought to hold strong and get through this backlog of good games though. It's not going to happen :/

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I re-read a few paragraphs here and it is a bad port with many technical problems (unstable framerate that dips under 30, tearing, worse textures, blurriness, excessive load times even during gameplay). I only played the demo and the issues were enough to not make me want to get the full game.
It makes the PS3 version look bad, sure, but because it's comparing it to the 360 one. I haven't played the latter, so I believe the former will be tolerable to me.

Tearing is the one thing that can ruin a game for me. I hope it's not too noticeable :/

Tizoc

I think for my current playthrough of Styx, I'll just kill whoever. I am a goblin assassin and these fuckers have it coming anyways :V
Also seems the Lighting affected my FPS as it would go to 40 FPS because of it, otherwise, smooth 60 FPS.

Miker

My thoughts/complaints on The Darkness 2, about halfway through:

Holy shit, for a game that seems to be an ultraviolent comic book power fantasy with quad-wielding, it sure goes out of its way to make you feel weak as hell. While in the light, you can't see shit, can't use your darkness powers, and you can't do anything but run and shoot. Now, in addition to the natural light sources like streetlights, there are also enemies with flashlights (durable ones that take 5 shots to destroy) and indestructible lamps that run on generators you have to find and melee. By mid-game, when these enemies are relatively common, I lost the feeling of being a crazy badass that I had when the game first started.

Then there are the betentacled enemies that steal your gun from your hands; it doesn't help that the game doesn't automatically switch you to another weapon. And there's the shortage of ammo in general - I think they were aiming for players to use up what they have and pick up whatever is around them, but all the dropped weapons have pretty small clips anyway. I guess you can execute enemies for more ammo via a power, but that requires not being in the light.

Beyond that, Jackie simply seems to die pretty quickly on normal, and I found myself scrambling to eat hearts. In fact, half my time is spent looking at the ground scrounging for hearts instead of actually shooting at enemies. It kills the pace of the combat for me.

A lot of this can probably be mitigated by playing w/ mouse and kb. I'm using my DS4 right now because it was built around a controller and I'm a sucker for rumble. Still, I don't think my complaints above would change all that much.

Anybody have a similar experience with the game?

Turfster

I think for my current playthrough of Styx, I'll just kill whoever. I am a goblin assassin and these fuckers have it coming anyways :V

Still going strong with my mercy ghost run.
It's slow going, but it's damn satisfying:
Also now that I have
the upgrade that shows you where coins are, I can finally get all of them during my first run.
I will do a kill run afterwards, though. Some of these fuckers have been annoying the hell out of me ;)

Also seems the Lighting affected my FPS as it would go to 40 FPS because of it, otherwise, smooth 60 FPS.

Or you could just kill anyone who isn't blonde. You could be like a goblin gestapo working towards building a master human race for some reason.

I've started to play Cosmic DJ, and it's something different. It offers some big WTF moments.

But I have yet to see the babies and the dogs from the trailer (I'm not sure they really are in the game though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom