• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Blacklist London is so rainy and shiny O.O Tried SSAA for a few pics and it dropped my frames to ~10.

Y'all enjoying Chivalry? I never played that one yet.

Blacklist was quite the looker and I didn't even have everything set to ultra.
(Just about did though).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What "notable" releases came out in the first half of the year besides Dark Souls 2 and South Park?

AC Liberation HD
Thief
LOL Lightning Returns
Bravely Default
Wolfenstein TNO
Donkey Kong Country Returns TF
Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2
InFamous 3
Titanfall
Peggle 2
Divinity Original Sin
The Wolf Among Us mostly

and then in terms of smaller games
Goat Simulator
Towerfall
Octodad
The Banner Saga
Nidhogg
Sir You Are Being Hunted
Murdered
Broken Age

Miguel81

hmm thanks. I should save my badge crafting till then.

I'm surprised I can run Blacklist on Ultra.

Your card is better than mine, so HBAO+ and MSAA 4x should be no problem. It's been pretty consistent framerate wise. Just a few hiccups here and there. I tried FXAA at first, but that softened the image ugh.

Jawmuncher

AC Liberation HD
Thief
LOL Lightning Returns
Bravely Default
Wolfenstein TNO
Donkey Kong Country Returns TF
Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2
InFamous 3
Titanfall
Peggle 2
Divinity Original Sin
The Wolf Among Us mostly

and then in terms of smaller games
Goat Simulator
Towerfall
Octodad
The Banner Saga
Nidhogg
Sir You Are Being Hunted
Murdered
Broken Age

Only if you have real life friends.
Was so disappointing that I couldn't enjoy it.
Since the SP was pretty disappointing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wasn't Thief a holiday release? o_O

Also, I meant on steam, since it is the steam thread afterall... Or used to be :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Isn't Book of Life out? Anyone seen it yet?

Knocked out most of Darkness 2. Controls took a while to get used to (including a lot of tweaking on the M+KB inputs), but a fun game overall.

Why do I read YouTube comments? X(

"How exactly did [Bioshock] debunk Objectivism.Last time I checked, Bioshock seems to exhibit individualism in a positive direction."

Bought Payday2, what DLC should I get?

everything.gif

DocSeuss

Beat Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and Defense Grid 2 today.

Pre-Sequel feels more like a $30-40 expansion pack than a full game. It's different, but not different enough to feel brand new, and the content feels like 2/3 the size of the first game at best.

I beat it in 23 hours. Only one side-quest incomplete (and raid and shock drop slaughter pit). Fast travel in this game is in really stupid locations on many maps. They're not fun to go explore the way a map in Destiny is.

Defense Grid 2 is FUN, but I'm not a fan of the missions that are only about selecting the right turrets (two-path especially).

Also, is it just me, or is the game missing one of the beta levels?

ba6.gif

derExperte

You don't need any DLC, only buy the weapon packs after you know what kind of weapons you like and the heists only if you want to host. "Gage Mod Courier" seems to be the most useful, get that now, play a while, get the rest during the next sale.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Gary Oldman would make for a pretty good Corinthian.

I don't suppose there's a super secret way to make Steam list it's recent releases and filter them down to the games you own, is there? It tags your owned games green obviously, but there's no search options for it.

I bet jshackles would know.

Kagemusha

GIveaway includes THE Book of Legends. ModBot got confused.
ModBot said:
Instructions for You:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Gentlemen! -- MB-A907183CF862CF37 - Taken by hepburn3d
The Book of Legends -- MB-B39E27B6F2BA0EE4 - Taken by darkchewie. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM Enemy Unknown -- MB-0F9C68E109FE3C1E - Taken by Teppic
Super Hexagon -- MB-A49F16DF8D37E23A - Taken by Diedac
Crusader Kings II Russian Unit Pack -- MB-72C0B622FC39584F - Taken by GrinningColossus. 1 entrants total.
Titan Quest Gold -- MB-C347BDE7A8C00C8C - Taken by Shadownet
Quest of Dungeons -- MB-993F206B573C062C - Taken by Kuroyume
Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator -- MB-D65B3B15044D1302 - Taken by Lomax
Megabyte Punch -- MB-32786F4A6AC81302 - Taken by salazar547
Proteus -- MB-C8304A86E16A2B4D - Taken by MillionStabs
Dustforce -- MB-39147426577BBD6C - Taken by The Reloader
Darksiders -- MB-A5DD1F8EBB21EB61 - Taken by iosefe
PGP3OVL.png
King of Dragon Pass (GOG) -- MB-FD5DFA92C7B721C8 - Taken by Jawmuncher
Sweezy Gunner -- MB-DBFDA10E9973C75D - Taken by anastef. 2 entrants total.
Red Faction Armageddon -- MB-872A7EB6E606FD7D - Taken by cardinalmind
Crusader Kings II African Unit Pack -- MB-6FC18A5FC39FBD8D
King of Dragon Pass is a GOG key and can be redeemed here http://www.gog.com/redeem

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gary Oldman would make for a pretty good Corinthian.

I don't suppose there's a super secret way to make Steam list it's recent releases and filter them down to the games you own, is there? It tags your owned games green obviously, but there's no search options for it.

I bet jshackles would know.

He could roll that into ES (there's a special "in library" div class), but presently there's no such functionality.

eyeless

my enhanced steam isn't updating, stuck on 6.3.2, and i am using the non-mozilla one i'm supposed to. annoying. also my achievements still don't show on the all games page. guess i'm just curseddd

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
None of it.

If the host has heist dlc you can play for free and the dlc weapons are mostly redundant and things like grenades, again, can be shared by others who got duped into paying for it.

Snipers change the game dramatically, but most of the other packs don't offer an extreme amount of difference other than a slight change of gun model here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom