• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Advanced Warfare 55gb whut >_>

GTA5 is going to be 237gb isnt it?

DocSeuss

Why are you even posting that?

wtf

"e-very-one"

I'm suggesting that all DLC should be obtained

None of it.

If the host has heist dlc you can play for free and the dlc weapons are mostly redundant and things like grenades, again, can be shared by others who got duped into paying for it.

And if the host doesn't have the heist DLC, you can't play those super fun missions, and if the host doesn't buy grenades, you can't use them (and they're useful), and the awesome sniper rifles can't be used at all if you don't buy 'em.

jblank83

Anyone play Deep Dungeons of Doom?

It looks really simple but it also looks really good. Reviews aren't great but it just looks so good.

Oreoleo

Snipers change the game dramatically, but most of the other packs don't offer an extreme amount of difference other than a slight change of gun model here and there.
Admittedly, I forgot they released a sniper pack. I was thinking mostly of the early packs which were useless SMGs and pistols and rifles that don't necessarily replace the best guns of those types that were already in the base game.

And now I'm remembering there was an LMG pack that included the Brenner from Payday1. Which is cool I guess. But I can't really get behind the idea of locking guns behind a pay wall in a game like Payday.

Oreoleo

And if the host doesn't have the heist DLC, you can't play those super fun missions, and if the host doesn't buy grenades, you can't use them (and they're useful), and the awesome sniper rifles can't be used at all if you don't buy 'em.
Eh, in regards to missions, if he just got the game I'm sure he'll come across lobbies for dlc heists while playing the plethora of heists already available to him. If he's still enjoying the game a month from now, he can grab them in the Thanksgiving sale. I guess I just don't really get the "buy all the dlc" mentality, especially when there are avenues to enjoy the majority of that content for free.

Oreoleo

I'm using Idle Master for the first time and I think I'm doing something wrong. It's been two hours and no cards have dropped. Is it supposed to show you 'in-game' for the game you're idling (on friends list and community etc)? I did the setup with the cookie info, but idk maybe I overlooked something.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Anyone play Deep Dungeons of Doom?

It looks really simple but it also looks really good. Reviews aren't great but it just looks so good.

It's an iOS game, it's the kind of thing that's fun in 5 minute spurts on the toilet but I wouldn't spend any money on it and certainly would never sit down for an extended session.

jblank83

It's an iOS game, it's the kind of thing that's fun in 5 minute spurts on the toilet but I wouldn't spend any money on it and certainly would never sit down for an extended session.

I know its phone origins and I generally avoid phone games. However it looks good and I play good games, such as Knights of Pen & Paper.

So, have you actually played it?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

also the kind of thing that is bound to be bundled sooner or later, like most indie games on steam... which is a terrible thing to say, but its also a fact

edit: most cheap indie games I should say, the $15+, high profile is usually safe (your Transistors, Abyss Odysseys, etc)

edit2: also im one of those guys that buys every bundle, so I actually avoid buying most indie games because most of the time I already have everything in the bundles, and its nice when you dont :(

BorntoPlay

Re-posting this again and saying thank you again to you all :D

Ultra Street Fighter IV is my GFWL key, some people said that if I give my key it should give another copy, but I'm not sure, just saying...

are you sure this is for Ultra and not for the Super edition??

Rhaknar

how will people with download caps survive this generation? o_O

and also, why are download caps still a thing :(

Oreoleo

I'm using Idle Master for the first time and I think I'm doing something wrong. It's been two hours and no cards have dropped. Is it supposed to show you 'in-game' for the game you're idling (on friends list and community etc)? I did the setup with the cookie info, but idk maybe I overlooked something.

In case someone else is having issues, the problem was that I wasn't running the program as an administrator >_<

dreamfall

why would it be that large?

Throwing out random numbers! Honestly, I think maybe it'll have some >50GB number solely because of PC texture work (we can dream right?) And maybe Multiplayer will be more substantial, and it'll add to the download (Master Chief Collection style). I wonder if they'll retool the cinematics too, but who knows.

Hopes, dreams, and bandwidth woes.

Shadownet

Banned
July? So the last movie you saw in a theatre was Guardians of the Galaxy, right? : )
Actually it was Hercules, the one with the Rock in it. Which I thought was a very entertaining movie if you watch it with low expectation.

I highly recommend it as a fun popcorn flick. the Rock is incredibly charismatic and he just make the entire movie fun to watch.

Oh, Borderlands 2...
D78E9AF91EFAFA753EF933D6FE23EB6914DF75B2
Best quest ever? You bet your faceass it was.

Rhaknar

calling on the techheads, can you SLI Mordor, Ryse, Metro Redux / Last Light, FF13, Batman Oranges?

I started playing some more BL2 after seeing some pre-sequel footage. I tried finishing up the Torgue DLC, who's last boss is literally impossible to do solo. Started Hammerlock DLC, its good so far, but FUCK witch doctors.
Yeah, I picked it up again because of all the pre-sequel hype. I haven't even touched the DLC yet. I'm nearing the end of playthrough #1, dunno if/when I'll get to the DLC stuff.

Yeah, I picked it up again because of all the pre-sequel hype. I haven't even touched the DLC yet. I'm nearing the end of playthrough #1, dunno if/when I'll get to the DLC stuff.
I'm really itching to get to the Tiny Tina DLC. But so far the first two were pretty good, third is alright, hopefully it'll pick up a little. Also, its the first time i'm ever playing Borderlands solo except for a little bit of a second character in 1.

Teeth

I started playing some more BL2 after seeing some pre-sequel footage. I tried finishing up the Torgue DLC, who's last boss is literally impossible to do solo. Started Hammerlock DLC, its good so far, but FUCK witch doctors.

I just beat the Torgue DLC a couple of days ago, and even being level 36 when I faced the boss, he was a real bastard to beat solo. The key is to shoot the missiles when he stops and opens up the compartments. And shoot the barrels on his side. But what a bastard, literally no way to dodge his flame spins and charges.

Decided to go True Vault Hunter Mode to do the Tiny Tina DLC because I was only getting level 30 guns on all of the DLCs, but what a mistake that was. Wiped by the first lowly skeletons a couple of times. Even though they are only level 37/38 the archers one shot my shields and take 2 full clips of headshots to take down.

I guess that's the problem with the scaling..,the enemies are level 38 like me, but all my guns are 30 or lower. :/

Makes it an absolute slog.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of JustLynx, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ARMA Tactics -- MB-E82E503951DAD7AF - Taken by darkchewie. 8 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-0CB076DFEE2CD3EF - Taken by agniswarm. 6 entrants total.
Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle -- MB-8B5D97558DCBFD64 - Taken by autoduelist. 10 entrants total.
Goat Simulator -- MB-CB3DB1AB21E179F0 - Taken by hohoXD123. 54 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Ultra Street Fighter IV -- MB-DBBA901D284859CE - Taken by Mavromatis. 49 entrants total.
Legend of Dungeon -- MB-5568EF64EBDAC473 - Taken by chronomac. 11 entrants total.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-F6BEFAC72644E097 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 5 entrants total.
Skyrim -- MB-8B0330FD4B846D6E - Taken by kudoboi. 25 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-581522F133090D09 - Taken by Rudakus. 6 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-2F6E27834D440F01 - Taken by Majukun. 8 entrants total.

t1413786743z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw that new Interstellar trailer Bosstone was talking about.

Day 0. Can't wait. I haven't been to the movie since July.

My interest in Nolan films dropped to zero after DKR and Inception.

Fury and Birdman might convince me to visit the theater though.

zkylon

zkylewd
laptop burns?

typo'd

meant like a burnt-like smell may be coming from my pc. i'm not great at smells

pretty hot day in argieland

i don't feel comfortable doing all that cooling stuff so i think i may take it to a pc store or something and ask them to leave it like new? maybe?

Ozium

typo'd

i don't feel comfortable doing all that cooling stuff so i think i may take it to a pc store or something and ask them to leave it like new? maybe?

probably just a dead spider, nothin' to worry about

( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

typo'd

Open your case and let it run a while to make sure.

Oreoleo

i'm not sure but i feel like my pc smells like burnt

i should be worried right?

My computer caught fire once. I think some dust got in between a connector of my SSD and started an electrical fire. Something caught my eye and I looked down and smoke was billowing out the front air intake. Shockingly nothing broke. I guess that shit is fire proof. So unless your parts are literally melting I think you're okay!

Seriously though maybe crack that baby open and get the dust out.

zkylon

zkylewd
Open your case and let it run a while to make sure.
thanks i was playing divinity which is pretty taxing so shut that down as soon as i smelled it and i opened it up and gonna leave it open for a while i guess

still working for like an hour at least so i think it might be ok

My computer caught fire once. I think some dust got in between a connector of my SSD and started an electrical fire. Shockingly nothing broke. I guess that shit is fire proof. So unless your parts are literally melting I think you're okay!

Seriously though maybe crack that baby open and get the dust out.
i cleaned it with like the air spray thingie like three weeks ago and i spent a lot of time cleaning everything so i'm pretty sure it's not dust.

i have this cooler that makes some weird noises sometimes when playing very taxing games like remember me. sound is like the cooler starts working, then turns off, then starts up again, and again and again.

i feel like it might be some of the coolers not working properly maybe, or just being broken.

i dunno i don't like weird sounds and smells coming out of my computer and i don't feel like i could do the cooling paste thing or anything so maybe i should just take it to some it guys or something :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom