• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyG

Banned
Are you talking about something other than the usual pop-in all borderlands have because UE3?
Oh, is it always like that? It's just a split second when a new area loads or I respawn. I had a good 20 seconds when I first loaded up where no textures loaded though. Now that you mention it though, I think I do remember something similar in BL2.

Oh, is it always like that? It's just a split second when a new area loads or I respawn. I had a good 20 seconds when I first loaded up where no textures loaded though. Now that you mention it though, I think I do remember something similar in BL2.
It's just a quirk with a decent chunk of UE3 games. Be glad it's like that rather than stutter when loading textures like some other (guessing the ones that use newer UE3 builds or something) UE3 games on PC do.

FloatOn

I finished Resident Evil Revelations.

Overall it was mostly okay. Fairly basic game but in a way it was a nice throwback to classic resident evil. Certainly more enjoyable than Resident Evil 6 despite that game's more complex gunplay.

There were a few lame turret sections and some hilariously bad characters and dialogue. Also the last boss was a dick.

6/10

Messiah

I finished Resident Evil Revelations.

Overall it was mostly okay. Fairly basic game but in a way it was a nice throwback to classic resident evil. Certainly more enjoyable than Resident Evil 6 despite that game's more complex gunplay.

There were a few lame turret sections and some hilariously bad characters and dialogue. Also the last boss was a dick.

6/10

Best Character ever created.

maxresdefault.jpg

Durante

I just tried in-home streaming for the first time in a long while, and either it has improved dramatically or I got lucky with the game/network combination this time around. I was streaming Wasteland 2 at a rock solid 1080p/60, with a total end to end latency of <25ms. Really neat.

iosefe

I just tried in-home streaming for the first time in a long while, and either it has improved dramatically or I got lucky with the game/network combination this time around. I was streaming Wasteland 2 at a rock solid 1080p/60, with a total end to end latency of <25ms. Really neat.
What is this Sourcery?

Lain

That's what I thought. Are there any MMO aspects or RPG aspects, or is it exclusively building?

Now there is falling damage and there is supposed to be combat, though I haven't experienced it.
Mostly it is about building after gathering resources. Graphic wise it doesn't look too hot (though at least the characters look nice enough). Personally it bored me and I finally uninstalled it because the way it is set up, it's for people that want to play every day with the rent system for the place you're gonna be building on, but for the people that love that kind of game, building up stuff, it seemed like a good enough time waster.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thanks. Can't believe I forgot Wolf :(

Then again time just blends together for me these days, Dark Souls 2 feels like it came out years ago for example

Mitsurugi Kamui felt really shallow I would say. I mean its about 1 hour long and in this hour the battle system isnt really deep.

And if you skill one certain skill at the beginning the game gets hard as hell.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Actually I take it back, Rising counts. PC release is PC release. Same for Killer is Dead (another first halfer I think?), Dead Rising 3 and Ryse

Wonder if I'll actually finish 10 games released this year, probably not as usual >_>

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Like I thought, that contract seems like just a basis for the thing.

Things like Xbox360 exclusivity and a ceiling of 140 million dollars for the development of Destiny 1 (and a release date of 2013, but that was quickly changed) are completely incorrect.

I wonder if we will still get a big expansion next year on top of the two planned DLCs, or if they are one and the same.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of salazar547, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (salazar547, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

100% Orange Juice -- MB-B2152B00DEDBDD86 - Taken by Pakkidis. 6 entrants total.

t1413769226z1.png

Every trailer for Interstellar makes my pants tight.

Yeah it's pretty awesome. I tried recently after wiring up my desktop and the latency was pretty minimal. Good stuff steam.

Revengeance was really early this year?

Time doesn't make sense.

I know, right? Feels like last year.

zkylon

zkylewd
i liked pantsu vs salarymen game better than rising

i enjoyed it a lot more than i thought i will, just fun mindless mashing. if there's one complaint i have about it is how hard it is to unlock all the other costumes -__-

i would really buy a second game in a heartbeat, combat system was actually pretty fun in its mashy way

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My wife is a hobbyhorse? that's what I heard.

Btw should I save any badges I wanna craft till Halloween or Winter Sale? or should I just do it whenever I feel like it?

There's not going to be meta-game for the Halloween Sale; it's merely a Weekend Deals replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom