• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
These binary as fuck stealth missions in Shadow of Mordor get pretty stupid. Especially since you have to run all the way back to the mission start point each time you slip up.

As an aside to this... spirited discussion, you can get the complete Banjo/Kazooie soundtrack for $1 or more on Grant Kirkhope's Bandcamp page:

http://grantkirkhope.bandcamp.com/album/banjo-kazooie-everything-and-the-kitchen-sink

I'm listening to it now... so good.
I paid nothing because I'm a monster.
and because I paid him for his other bandcamp stuff and happen to be broke now.

Be sure to check out his other stuff on there if you haven't people.

Yeah I noticed that as well. Anyway It said that some games are excluded. It would be nice if they give us a list of games -__-

Can someone try using the voucher code for 20% off to get AC:Unity on GMG? It keep saying Unable To Add The Voucher for me. Trying to get the Gold Edition

The voucher code is on the front page.

I sent you a PM

Turfster

These binary as fuck stealth missions in Shadow of Mordor get pretty stupid. Especially since you have to run all the way back to the mission start point each time you slip up.

And that's my interest in the game dropping like a lead balloon, since that's exactly what I was afraid of =p

donny2112

YKY5hVs.jpg

Know someone who tried that, and they said it was a bunch of boring parts (presumably the orignal book's contents) and zombies would be thrown in randomly or something.

Tizoc

It's been worse.
Note: this is not an invitation to start that shit up again =p

I like how the Styx pre-purchase option ends the 13th, while the game is released the 7th.

Reviews go up on the 7th, I personally think the reviews will be middling but will get it based on them...

finished Ys Oath in felghana today , really good game especially the boss fights , now i will play Ys origin so i hope that is at least as good as oath in felghana

Origin improves on Oath's combat.

Smash88

Banned
Devs that don't let PC versions get at least 60fps are lazy devs IMO.

I'm fed up with this "BUT WE WANT IT CINEMATIC". You want that shit go watch a movie, or lock it at true cinematic fps which is ~24.

I'll just cancel my preorder the second I find out it's locked 30.

EDIT: Is it true they added black fucking bars to mimic movies? What the fuck.... I'm really tempted to go cancel right now. I am raging like a cajun right now.

MattyG

Banned
Welp, looks like I'm going to the bank tomorrow at 9 to put get some money in my account to buy TEW from GMG before that coupon runs out. Is there any reason not to buy from GMG? I've heard people complain about not getting keys on time, is that right? And it's activates on Steam, right?

-MD-

I'm fed up with this "BUT WE WANT IT CINEMATIC". You want that shit go watch a movie, or lock it at true cinematic fps which is ~24.

EDIT: Is it true they added black fucking bars to mimic movies? What the fuck.... I'm really tempted to go cancel right now. I am raging like a cajun right now.

Your loss.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Welp, looks like I'm going to the bank tomorrow at 9 to put get some money in my account to buy TEW from GMG before that coupon runs out. Is there any reason not to buy from GMG? I've heard people complain about not getting keys on time, is that right? And it's activates on Steam, right?

well if by "on time" you mean the day before the release so its ready at midnight if its a midnight unlock, then yes, it has happened

Hasn't it already been said that those can be turned off on the PC version?

How did you guys manage playing RE4 at all until the 360/Steam versions? It was either black bars or the equivalent of a TV's zoom feature until then.

Edit: Or Beyond Good & Evil.

tumblr_n15aq2KPov1s2yegdo1_400.gif

How did you guys manage playing RE4 at all until the 360/Steam versions? It was either black bars or the equivalent of a TV's zoom feature until then.
The steam version of RE4 was actually the first time I played RE4 "for real"(I did play the Wii version once, but that copy of the game belonged to my brother and I only played it for about 10 minutes)

Grief.exe

The bars can be removed and the 30 FPS cap is just assumptions at this point based upon silence from Bethesda.

Both were done for console performance considerations.

Smash88

Banned

eACVBjF.gif

The bars can be removed and the 30 FPS cap is just assumptions at this point based upon silence from Bethesda.

Both were done for console performance considerations.

You know what scares me though Grief, it's the fact they are not willing to say until the last day (or not even that).

If they had nothing to hide, just say it. PC locked at 30fps (which is the most likely outcome right now, based on their silence).

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

The black bars will be truly integral to your cinematic experience though. How else will you feel like you're watching an interactive movie during gameplay?

Grief.exe

You know what scares me though Grief, it's the fact they are not willing to say until the last day (or not even that).

If they had nothing to hide, just say it. PC locked at 30fps (which is the most likely outcome right now, based on their silence).

It worries me as well. They have been avoiding the question for essentially all of 2014 and I would like to get an answer for posterity at the very least.

What have I walked into?

The Evil Within is Steamworks, along with the majority of games on GMG, so it will activate on Steam.

GMG generally doesn't give out codes until right before launch, Shadow of Mordor's codes were given out about four hours prior to unlocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom