• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

TheFirstRule.gif

also Pork?
What have I walked into?

i'm fairly certain it's a joke post reworked from a The Order 1886 thread post

Miguel81

Speaking about future-proofing, these PC games with wide aspect ratios will look fantastic on Scope projectors. No need for zooming here, so there will be no blur. Lucky guys that have that type of setup.

dot

Did the Canyon Capers and Sanctum achievements and got 2 more dollars in playfire credit. Aww yeah. Almost to $30!

So that Godzilla gif proves I can link to images I have stored on my OneDrive. This changes everything. No more imgur. No more anything else either.

Wait, really? Maybe i should start using that...

kawaiiness

MY HEART

This might be the cutest thing i've seen in a long time.

Black bars could have actually been done for the same reason it's done in films(at least on the newer consoles), ie to present a certain look and view of the surroundings unique to whatever aspect ratio used. 21:9 monitors are pretty interesting for the games they work well with! Game certainly seems to have a lot of attention paid to how the environments are laid out.

Dragon's Dogma was definitely done for performance though, just chops part of the top and bottom off. Not something you really notice after a few minutes though.

Jawmuncher

The new one? It seemed to be well liked on GAF. I didn't see it, because I refuse to believe that it could possibly be good.

As was said godzilla really only has cameo's in it.
The movie is teasing the entire time the godzilal reveal and fights.
You finally get it and it doesn't live up to all the build up at all.
it focuses on the most boring characters I have ever had to deal with on screen for a "summer blockbuster".

People give so much flack to Godzilla 1998 but at least it's in the so bad it's can be enjoyable realm.
Godzilla 2014 is just hanging out in the so boring you're better off going to sleep.

----------------------

Steam related.
Godzilla in Gary's Mod
637x358.resizedimage

Parsnip

Yeah, the new Godzilla movie is pretty bad.
The 1998 movie is pretty bad too (oh god the accents), but I really really like Maria Pitillo even though her acting was anything but great in that.

I should make a gif of the chewing gum makes us look more American bit. Infinite loop of french dudes chewing gum, glorious.

Milamber

As was said godzilla really only has cameo's in it.
The movie is teasing the entire time the godzilal reveal and fights.
You finally get it and it doesn't live up to all the build up at all.
it focuses on the most boring characters I have ever had to deal with on screen for a "summer blockbuster".

People give so much flack to Godzilla 1998 but at least it's in the so bad it's can be enjoyable realm.
Godzilla 2014 is just hanging out in the so boring you're better off going to sleep.

Welp, you convinced me not to watch it now.

I agree with this.

Bad > Boring. Boring is the worst sin a movie could do. Sad when multimilion dollar blockbusters sometimes are mindnumbingly boring while Glengarry Glenn Ross, a movie about 4 dudes in an office talking is so amazing with the budget of one CGI explosion.

Miguel81

Yeah, the new Godzilla movie is pretty bad.
The 1998 movie is pretty bad too (oh god the accents), but I really really like Maria Pitillo even though her acting was anything but great in that.

I should make a gif of the chewing gum makes us look more American bit. Infinite loop of french dudes chewing gum, glorious.

Didn't the film pretty much kill her career? She was pretty popular for awhile but then the film came out and....

MattyG

Banned
I actually enjoyed Godzilla 2014. In retrospect, he did get way too little screen time, but I still enjoyed it a lot. I hope the sequel has way more fights that don't get cut away from though.

Didn't the film pretty much kill her career? She was pretty popular for awhile but then the film came out and....

She got a tv series that went two seasons a few years later. That said, she was born in 1966. Women get harder and harder to cast at that age because writers don't know what to do with them. I don't think Godzilla killed her career; I think she's in that awkward age range between "Assistant District Attorney" and "Driving Miss Daisy."

Levyne

Banned
I had fun with Destroy All Monsters Melee and the Turbo Duo game. The SNES fighting game looks pretty alright, too.

Someone offloaded Destroy All Monsters to me for free because of how terrible he thought it was, lol.

He also gave me Ocarina of Time master quest so I forgive him.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the notion of not playing a game that you wanted to play beause its 30fps instead of 60fps, if a 60fps versionsimply does not exist, is INCOMPREHENSIBLE to me

also the new Godzilla was awful and Godzilla is in it for like 20minutes if that, and you barely see any of the fights, you "hear" about them in news reports and shit, it was ridiculous.

and Munch proves again that he is the best gaffer and if he was a woman, I would consider marrying her. Hell im STILL considering it, thats how good of a poster he is. Wait, he has awful taste in survival horror ladies, marriage is off!

Jawmuncher

the notion of not playing a game that you wanted to play beause its 30fps instead of 60fps, if a 60fps versionsimply does not exist, is INCOMPREHENSIBLE to me

also the new Godzilla was awful and Godzilla is in it for like 20minutes if that, and you barely see any of the fights, you "hear" about them in news reports and shit, it was ridiculous.

and Munch proves again that he is the best gaffer and if he was a woman, I would consider marrying her. Hell im STILL considering it, thats how good of a poster he is. Wait, he has awful taste in survival horror ladies, marriage is off!

I'm sorry Rebecca isn't up to your standards.
I will now always ponder what could have been.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm sorry Rebecca isn't up to your standards.
I will now always ponder what could have been.

you mean Regina? and you call yourself a fan?

Definitely could have gotten married and divorced and you take his other 970.

if I even get mine you mean. Aparently all the shit arrived, except the GPUs and the case... so basically, the rest is useless :/

Something interesting I noticed about cards, you're still eligible for booster drops even if the game has been removed from your account.

2P0ZJOV.png

For example, 3089 -- Futuristic Action RPG was a subscription I asked support to pull. I no longer own that game, but I can still get booster drops.

Miguel81

She got a tv series that went two seasons a few years later. That said, she was born in 1966. Women get harder and harder to cast at that age because writers don't know what to do with them. I don't think Godzilla killed her career; I think she's in that awkward age range between "Assistant District Attorney" and "Driving Miss Daisy."

That's tragic as hell. The young actresses that I grew up with in the 90s/early 00s started disappearing from the screen by the time they reached their late 30s. Anyway, this is OT so I'll stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom