• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

welp 30fps takes another victim

Even after getting onto PC and playing games at 60 FPS can't say I am dying it for even now. Now I understand why others want it and I will support their fight.
But for me personally I don't absolutely need it.. PC is all about options so it not being there for many is a problem However.
For me the only gamea where I feel 60FPS is needed is for character action games like DMC and the like.
not having a answer yet is pretty bad on Bethesda's and everyone else's part.

How many frames did Dino Crisis 1 run at? I don't remember it being very smooth, but ignorance was bliss and dinos are awesome.

I don't even know.
Haven't played it on it's original console in years.
I use a emulator so I can have a cleaner image when I play.

Whats all this about evil within fps stuff? Is the game locked at 30 or something? Also sorry ive been away, smash bros has a really tight leash on me while and off work. If anyone of my fellow steamgaffers want to play with me send a pm with your friend code and ill send you mines :)

Bl@de

cant wait for Evil Within "PC is 30fps? fuck it then im buying the PS4 version...which is 30fps" comments >_>

Just let them ... Even if it happens ... Smart people unlock things in config files...
Capcom didn't want me to play dead rising 3 at 60fps and locked it because of reasons ... Well I guess the joke is on capcom...

Bl@de

Whats all this about evil within fps stuff? Is the game locked at 30 or something? Also sorry ive been away, smash bros has a really tight leash on me while and off work. If anyone of my fellow steamgaffers want to play with me send a pm with your friend code and ill send you mines :)

Go back to smash ... Its all right. Just typical evil within pre launch panic. Comes up once a week. Nothing except 30fps on consoles... Which was known for a long time

zkylon

zkylewd
"Taste" is so subjective, though. I mean, someone on the development side thought things like Revelations Jill or Derpy Lara were actually improvements. >.> Similarly, I know my personal tastes aren't necessarily going to be shared by everyone else out there. (For example, my "ideal" Lara Croft would be built like Jordan Carver, as opposed to the more "realistic" look CD seems to be after these days.) Thankfully, modding means I can do more than just hope some developer's preferences align with mine (or yours, or whatever).

that's totally what someone with poor taste would say

just be honest and say you like big boobies

derExperte

Just let them ... Even if it happens ... Smart people unlock things in config files...
Capcom didn't want me to play dead rising 3 at 60fps and locked it because of reasons ... Well I guess the joke is on capcom...

Capcom was very open about the 60fps issue though and said right from the start that it can be unlocked. Evil Within? No ones knows.

I know what the 50GB is for, I would just question having to download so much for a game that would be locked at PC Master Race-disapproved 30FPS. (If that were to be the case) It's like... a crime against humanity.
Joke may have offended someone accidentally. Redacted.

rtcn63

On a serious note, with people having fairly recently experienced RE4 at 60FPS, Evil Within being a downgrade in that department would just kinda suck. Personally, I can deal with 30, but 60 is just so much tastier.

Miguel81

I'm guessing those 50GB will include uncompressed surround sound audio. Unless those megatextures are a real space-hogging PITA.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
She's not hideous, but her face just seems off to me. I think her eyes are weirdly spaced and she looks strange when she smiles. It's like... Have you ever seen a movie where an actor or actress is cast in a role, and you know they're supposed to be considered attractive based on the script and the other characters' reactions, but you look at them and you're like, "meh"? Well, that's how it is with me and the default Alyx model. So I'd welcome a mod that brings her face more in line with what I personally find appealing. Just that personal taste thing again.

I don't get it. Why does her physical attractiveness have any relevance to the game's mechanics or plot? Do you look at Geralt from The Witcher and say, "mmm yuss this hot stud greatly enhances this game objectively"?

It just comes across as shallow to me.

Parsnip

Personally I found cinematic mod to be an interesting thing back when I first learned about it, until I looked closer and saw how completely it just destroys the look, feel and tone of the game.

Aside from the character models, it looks fine and all. But it kind of doesn't looks like Half-Life 2 at all.

Which again is fine if that's what you are after, but it's obviously not for everyone.

Which is why the RE4 HD project is great.

Tellaerin

that's totally what someone with poor taste would say

just be honest and say you like big boobies

Hey, I've already said as much. You know that. : )

As far as Lara specifically, though, Jordan Carver's build is a lot closer to my mental image of a "real" Lara than CD's current model - someone who's extremely busty, but fit and athletic. That impression dates back to the PS1, sharp-poly-boobs days. I wouldn't imagine, say, Nilin from Remember Me looking like that, though - it doesn't fit with how I envision the character. (I really need to pick that up come sale time, after listening to Turfster talk it up.) Or is it just considered in poor taste to find busty women attractive nowadays? >.>

rtcn63

Hey, I've already said as much. You know that. : )

As far as Lara specifically, though, Jordan Carver's build is a lot closer to my mental image of a "real" Lara than CD's current model - someone who's extremely busty, but fit and athletic. That impression dates back to the PS1, sharp-poly-boobs days. I wouldn't imagine, say, Nilin from Remember Me looking like that, though - it doesn't fit with how I envision the character. (I really need to pick that up come sale time, after listening to Turfster talk it up.) Or is it just considered in poor taste to find busty women attractive nowadays? >.>

Doesn't Jordan have fakes?

Ewelina for Lara pls (NSFW) http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EFk8gtfH5B0/UX-sKep51yI/AAAAAAAALjE/6wsZNMo9Zi0/s1600/Bar-Refaeli.gif

Ozium

I think that anyone that uses mods to change the graphical assets or look of the game has no respect for the artists that made those assets in the first place. One should let the original work stand, unadulterated.

rtcn63

I think that anyone that uses mods to change the graphical assets or look of the game has no respect for the artists that made those assets in the first place. One should let the original work stand, unadulterated.

Are we still talking about boobs

xBladeM6x

HNNNGGGG.
I agree though. :p

nice.jpg

Tellaerin

I don't get it. Why does her physical attractiveness have any relevance to the game's mechanics or plot? Do you look at Geralt from The Witcher and say, "mmm yuss this hot stud greatly enhances this game objectively"?

It just comes across as shallow to me.

Does an actor's physical attractiveness have any relevance to a movie's plot? Would you say that their appearance is irrelevant and has no impact on your enjoyment?

(And a friend of mine has mentioned more than once that she considered Geralt hot, and it clearly factored into her enjoyment of The Witcher and TW2. So I guess she's shallow, too.)

Miguel81

It's been worse.
Note: this is not an invitation to start that shit up again =p

I like how the Styx pre-purchase option ends the 13th, while the game is released the 7th.

So, that IS a Thief/AssCreed-hybrid after all? If so, looking forward to it after Horror Month.

Is there any gameplay video whatsoever of Styx?

Oh wow, there is quite a long one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Vw1cYTOeQ

Nice, I will watch a BIT just to get a sense.

Shade

(Old) Bundle leftovers. Should be unused. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Defy gravity -- MB-86F06D9BE1CAF069 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
99 Spirits -- MB-3AE00B80E69C958A - Taken by dave is ok. 2 entrants total.
Knights of Pen & Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-EDCB1B28240EEF1C - Taken by Volimar. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Bots -- MB-BDED9D3DC14E1B05 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Dungeonland -- MB-8D59D5E52B9F4780 - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
The Showdown Effect -- MB-E494F2F89B6B732C - Taken by Casimir. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-45182CDEC993802A - Taken by ArynCrinn. 1 entrants total.
Magicka Plus DLC Dungeons and Daemons and Vietnam -- MB-8F172E5228D151DD - Taken by The Reloader. 1 entrants total.
Xotic -- MB-B72FF1E2F70685FF - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Cognition Episode 1 -- MB-9A990325C8548EB1 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Cognition Episode 2 -- MB-4715E3F0C433B205 - Taken by someguyinahat. 2 entrants total.

t1412556931z1.png

Parsnip

I'm also curious about Styx. The gameplay videos make it seem nice but we'll see, going to wait for some impressions for once.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Does an actor's physical attractiveness have any relevance to a movie's plot? Would you say that their appearance is irrelevant and has no impact on your enjoyment?

(And a friend of mine has mentioned more than once that she considered Geralt hot, and it clearly factored into her enjoyment of The Witcher and TW2. So I guess she's shallow, too.)
I guess what you're saying is that everyone's a sucker for a pretty face with a sob story. Personally, I don't give a shit what they look like as long as the story is good.

Yeah sure, she can be considered shallow for that. It's not as if women can't be as shallow as men.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how much is Ryse from Putinland? cant check at work :/

ballpark will suffice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom