• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only after we get Godzilla game
it would make a nice game, though, mecha FTW

A Godzilla with the insane destruction style of the EDF series just without the framerate dropping faster than flies would be an instabuy for me. Imagine being playing as a soldier while a fatso giant lizard is wrecking the city. Oh My...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I searched for "Gua" in my Steam library because I wanted to install Guacamelee. Under that, another result: "Singularity".

My reaction: Oh my fuck, since when do I own this?!?

Just another day in Steamland~
How does this happen? There's no "gua" in "Singularity".

Arthea

A Godzilla with the insane destruction style of the EDF series just without the framerate dropping faster than flies would be an instabuy for me. Imagine being playing as a soldier while a fatso giant lizard is wrecking the city. Oh My...

nah, I want to play Godzilla and wreck havoc on epic scale, I'm not sure I want monster vs monster this time, just me against humanity, tanks, destroyers, fighters, bombers and alike.
nukes are welcome too (><)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks guys! Booted TF2 and got the items, but unfortunately they are not marketable.

Yeah, they won't be marketable until after release. It'd be unfair to later pre-purchasers if they were marketable during the pre-purchase period.

Only JaseC got it right!
Too bad it won't have pre-load.

Yeah, I probably won't be playing the game until later that day as it'll take at least a couple of hours to download.

MadGear

So according to PCGH.de DSR for Kepler is pretty much confirmed for an upcoming driver update. Haven't read much about it yet, but doesn't this kind of dynamic resolution mess with your mouse sensitivity when used in games that use screen coordinates for mouse input like Dota 2, StarCraft? UI scaling should also look funny in some games.

Parsnip

I was just reading some OBS release notes, and noticed that they added a replay buffer feature in it somewhat recently, it's basically like shadow mode from nvidia's shadowplay.
Anyone tested it? If it's as convenient as shadow mode is right now, I'll probably ditch the nvidia experience entirely, shadow mode is the only reason I use it.

Milamber

I was just reading some OBS release notes, and noticed that they added a replay buffer feature in it somewhat recently, it's basically like shadow mode from nvidia's shadowplay.
Anyone tested it? If it's as convenient as shadow mode is right now, I'll probably ditch the nvidia experience entirely, shadow mode is the only reason I use it.

You dare leave the green, green grass of home?

Aaron D.

Or as we here like to call it, Costume Quest 2 day.

Shameful confession:

In spite of loving the developer and game premise, I can't past the first 5 minutes of OG Costume Quest because the opening cut scene has voice text bubbles that scroll automatically and won't let me click through at my own pace!

/hangs head in shame

Reset my Surface Pro 2 and logged into steam only for it to tell me I now can't use the market on this device for seven days. The restrictions and safety features can be kind of annoying.

First Multiplayer version of Unreal Tournament UE4 (made by some Epic staff and fans) is available to play thrgh unofficial servers for those who have access to UE4. I really miss he time when Epic used to release an epic Ubreal Tournament game and an epic Unreal game in parallel with each new iteration of their Unreal Engine. Sadly this successful habit stopped with the release of UT3.I hope UT UE4 will correct the past mistakes.

Deques

Reset my Surface Pro 2 and logged into steam only for it to tell me I now can't use the market on this device for seven days. The restrictions and safety features can be kind of annoying.

I totally agree on this. I couldn't help my brother to unpack Payday 2 4-pack because of this restriction. I had to log in to his account to unpack Payday 2, but he is travelling so he couldn't log in himself

mb.jpg

Dr Dogg

Not yet but I'll give it a whirl when I get home. Do you know how long it will cache for? Granted ShadowPlay is coming along nicely but so is OBS but nice to see they're both getting features from one another.

http://massiveburrito.com/test/60vs30.html

This is pretty fun to pass the time.

Pfft easy.

Although that Portal one was a bit troublesome as it hitched an awful lot.

Dr Dogg

I think a better test would be to show videos at either 60, 50, 40, 30 or 20 fps and then play one at a time and ask you what framerate you think it's playing at. Do this over 10 videos and give you a score of 10 points for a correct score and various division depending how far out you are. Then you'll see a lot of variation in scores.

Arthea

I think a better test would be to show videos at either 60, 50, 40, 30 or 20 fps and then play one at a time and ask you what framerate you think it's playing at. Do this over 10 videos and give you a score of 10 points for a correct score and various division depending how far out you are. Then you'll see a lot of variation in scores.

I sometimes wonder if it is a genuine eye defect if they do not realize the difference of 60/30, like colorblind people.

I know a lot of you don't wanna know it or believe it, but unless there are a lot of changes per second, it's not easy to see difference for anyone, even harder for people with bad eye sight.
lemme give you an example, if you see a pebble on the road, you see exactly the same pebble if it's 60, 30, 10 or 1 fps and unless there are drastic frequent changies in light or humidity, you never will be able to say, good sight or no

I haven't seen that burrito thing you are referring to as I'm at work, just having fun my way (><)

Parsnip

Not yet but I'll give it a whirl when I get home. Do you know how long it will cache for? Granted ShadowPlay is coming along nicely but so is OBS but nice to see they're both getting features from one another.

It's customizable.
I don't know how far up it goes, but it starts from 1 second. I set it to 180 secs to start and OBS is estimating it will take 223megs of ram to keep that. So a shadowplay equivalent 20 minutes would take a lot of ram. I guess shadowplay is buffering to hard drive rather than memory.

derExperte

11/11

So according to PCGH.de DSR for Kepler is pretty much confirmed for an upcoming driver update. Haven't read much about it yet, but doesn't this kind of dynamic resolution mess with your mouse sensitivity when used in games that use screen coordinates for mouse input like Dota 2, StarCraft? UI scaling should also look funny in some games.

But still no sign of MFAA. :(

Not sure about the mouse movements but some UIs are too small if the game doesn't properly support highers resolutions. Older games are more prone to this.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Not too shabby. Took me 25 hours to 100% it (the other 5 hours is my bro). The last couple achievements I had to get post story were a bit of a pain in the ass and took way too long.

somweet6rfi7.png

Miguel81

10/11. The first choice was an accident, dammit. It's so easy to tell that I have to laugh when someone says otherwise. How can you not notice smoothness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom