• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
so they're not getting the bonuses either way? Sucks for the AMD folks, but they're getting it for peanuts so they should be fine.

I'm personally more terrified about the 15-20 hour playlength of Alien than anything else. Still, preloaded and ready to go.

Yeah, the only case I'm aware of where GPU promo codes included pre-order bonuses is Arkham Origins, which doesn't really count because DeathStroke is actually included in the game by default despite being advertised as a pre-order incentive.

Sega made a post-release sub a few weeks ago. Even if AMD users had their keys right now, they wouldn't get the incentives.

krvs.gif

The dream is dead, those bastards. But could I still buy the DD upgrade for my AMD copy after launch?

JaseC

krvs.gif

The dream is dead, those bastards. But could I still buy the DD upgrade for my AMD copy after launch?

Probably not:

Upgrade your current AI pre-purchase to include all future season pass content.

Shadow of Mordor was the same: the upgrade option disappeared after the game released.

Edit: Oh, wait, the price difference is actually the price of the Season Pass itself, unlike Alien.

madjoki

so they're not getting the bonuses either way? Sucks for the AMD folks, but they're getting it for peanuts so they should be fine.

I'm personally more terrified about the 15-20 hour playlength of Alien than anything else. Still, preloaded and ready to go.

Well they could buy Deluxe upgrade and at least Nostromo stuff.
However it's too expensive in EU and not very cheap at Russia, so I'm not risking even if there's only small chance of it getting locked.

Yeah, the only case I'm aware of where GPU promo codes included pre-order bonuses is Arkham Origins, which doesn't really count because DeathStroke is actually included in the game by default despite being advertised as a pre-order incentive.

Yeah none of previous AMD stuff has had preorder extras (Thief, Murdered Soul, Sniper Elite 3) and for those we got codes about a week early, better than non-steam preorders.

Miguel81

MFAA "Mother fucking AA". Youtube comments, stay classy.

Hope they announce separate Nostromo pack at some point in time, and not at too much of an expense.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ok so one of my friends got an AMD code when it was a dollar or whatever. Next level shit though for him though:

-I preordered the game prior to AMD thing and have the pre-order DLC.
-Friend plays the pre-order DLC off my copy tonight through family sharing.
-Activates AMD key on arrival tomorrow and already has the game installed.

iO8a7BAwEpt52.gif

Jawmuncher

MFAA "Mother fucking AA". Youtube comments, stay classy.

Hope they announce separate Nostrodomo pack at some point in time, and not at too much of an expense.

Definitely can't see locking the nostromo stuff forever to DLC. Considering how meaty it sounds.

JaseC

Damn, that's too bad. I thought it was basically the season pass.

The DDE upgrade is almost half the cost of the Season Pass ($18 versus $30). It would seem it's only available for the moment because the DDE wasn't added as an option until weeks after the pre-purchase period began, so Sega needed to give early birds a way to move up without asking them to pay more in total than those who bought the DDE itself.

Edit: Oh, you were referring to Mordor. ;)

RS4-

Damn. Too bad.

2$ is a great deal

Unfortunately Doom 3 is now OOS, so I can't even get one for myself, sorry.

Dishonored and NV GOTY? If you happen to get your hands on one or both.... I could pay you in TF2 keys.

Don't go just because of me though, I own the normal versions of both but Bethesda and their DLC discounts....

Got them both on hold, waiting for an email confirmation though.

Do you take TF2 keys as payment ? Would like Doom 3 BFG & Fallout NV GOTY^^

Yeah keys are fine. Doom 3 is unavailable. Will see how many copies of NV are there though.

Kiru

Anyone looking for Doom 3 BFG, Dishonored GOTY, and Fallout NV GOTY? Closest store for me is about an hour away, but they're selling physical copies of the game for $2.

Anyone interested? I'll assume all three activate on steam, despite the last two saying Games for Windows on the box lol.
Do you take TF2 keys as payment ? Would like Doom 3 BFG & Fallout NV GOTY^^

Nzyme32

FUCK. I''ve just completed MGS IV but the ending is still going... I need to leave the house but I can't pause it.... argh what do....

Hello people.
Something funny happened. I won Space Farmers from Teppics 24h-giveaway from two days ago. The fun thing is, just a couple hours before I won it, a buddy - who has a reputation of being grumpy but actually is super nice - gifted me the game, hah.
I still feel bad about it. So I think I'll reraffle it shortly. Sorry for those entering and not winning it. You'll get another chance soon.

Anyway, I see xelios is back. Welcome back. We didn't spent any time here together till now but I hope it'll change.
Anyone looking for Doom 3 BFG, Dishonored GOTY, and Fallout NV GOTY? Closest store for me is about an hour away, but they're selling physical copies of the game for $2.
Anyone interested? I'll assume all three activate on steam, despite the last two saying Games for Windows on the box lol.
Oh my, I would love, love, love to get Dishonored Goty and F:NV Goty for 4$. I'd paypal you.
Would be ace if you can snag these two for me man. Thanks.
Bandai Namco holds the rights to Godzilla currently and they are releasing a game on PS3. Japan only for the moment.
Trailer
http://youtu.be/msuvP_PHV_I
Tokyo Game Show presentation game play.
http://youtu.be/huv32oZ1Er8
Looks fun. Oh, how I envy folks who speak Japanese. Really my most-wanted language that I'd love to know. So many awesome games which are behind the most insurmountable barrier, the language one.
Also, I am really digging seeing the devs commenting gameplay and the moderators. More studios should do this. Really like how natural it is.
Well GAF, today's my birthday and I'm a whole year older now.
Happy belated birthday mr. schackles.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
FUCK. I''ve just completed MGS IV but the ending is still going... I need to leave the house but I can't pause it.... argh what do....

Ha, the exact same thing happened to me when I beat MGS 4. I had 45 minutes free when I finished the game and was late leaving by the time it was over.

hepburn3d

lol hate those situations. I usually just accept I'm going to be late, or if I'm meeting someone then I convince myself the universe will give me some time back some how

fantomena

Did you ever....you know, buy some games? :D

Of course.

A quick and dirty copy/paste from my account info.

6180 the moon
Spoiler Alert Collector's Edition - Includes Bonus Content
Beyond Gravity
FLOCK!
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - Revelations DLC
Violett + OST
State of Decay - Lifeline

Dr Dogg

very funny
I wasn't talking about a real pebble on the real road, you know that don't you? (><)
actually if I wouldn't be so lazy as I am, I would make vids, where 20 fps look like 60, and 60 like 20. but alas, that's too much work.

Hahaha don't worry I know what you mean.

I'll let you into a hint you probably haven't seen all there is yet. The ending goes on and on and on and...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Of course.

A quick and dirty copy/paste from my account info.

6180 the moon
Spoiler Alert Collector's Edition - Includes Bonus Content
Beyond Gravity
FLOCK!
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - Revelations DLC
Violett + OST
State of Decay - Lifeline

maybe next time you can list non-indie or DLC stuff and look less shady? just a thought

fantomena

maybe next time you can list non-indie or DLC stuff and look less shady? just a thought

I have also bought a couple of games from traders if that's what you want:

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Steam Pre-Purchase
Defense Grid 2 Special Edition
Life is Feudal: Your Own

From last week or so.

stealth brag post? stealth brag post

Sorry. Not gonna write more excitement posts in this thread anymore. Thx for the tip.

Come on man. Fanty is a nice guy and there's nothing which made him look shady. He does videos of his review codes. Shady would be to snag free keys and play for himself and not make any videos. He does not do that. He cares about his reviews and quick looks. He changes and improves his style, technique and equipment. A "shady" person would not do that. You should watch his stuf then maybe you wouldn't sling harsh and heavy words like that.
Not cool rhaknar.

r3n4ud

Come on man. Fanty is a nice guy and there's nothing which made him look shady. He does videos of his review codes. Shady would be to snag free keys and play for himself and not make any videos. He does not do that. He cares about his reviews and quick looks. He changes and improves his style, technique and equipment. A "shady" person would not do that. You should watch his stuf then maybe you wouldn't sling harsh and heavy words like that.
Not cool rhaknar.

Oh...you haven't been around long enough to know...

fantomena

Hm, I am new yeah. I can only speak from my own experience here - the last ~5 months. Is there something I missed from the past?

I tried to trade away a some codes because I was naive and didn't know any better. I apologised to the devs and pubs behind those games.

But I think this is deariling the thread. So I guess we need to take that disucssion if anything more needs to be said on PM.

I tried to trade away a some codes because I was naive and didn't know any better. I apologised to the devs and pubs behind those games.
Huh. Well, that's not cool at all. No ifs and buts. But man does make mistakes and if you learned and changed from your faults, then that's good.

Can't you pause by hitting the PS button on the controller?

works on a game-by-game basis.

I remember finishing MGS4 a bit past midnight but the ending took forever. Passed out around 2:30ish that night.

Kojima needs an editor, dammit. I know a lot of people are mad about Kiefer being snake because he won't be as talkative since having him in a booth is really pricey, but it might be a blessing as it means Kojima can't go all HAM with the length of the cutscenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom