• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Goddamit SEGA :(. I was too afraid of a region lock to buy the deluxe DLC right away, and now that the game is released and region free they removed the deluxe DLC from the store. Oh well, buying the DLC at 75%off next year it is then.

Miguel81

I did and I really liked it despite the terrible port. I guess I'm going to watch TP, I really like mystery stuff. Don't know why I never watched it.

Alan Wake discussions got me interested in the Twin Peaks series, and I'm glad I got to watching it. Never bothered with the film "Fire Walk with Me", though.

rtcn63

I watched it to the end of the first episode and was not 100% sold. Am I a bad person?

I'm still trying to get in, on the third episode now. I already know the ending, which pretty ruins things for me. I liked Lynch's films, but this Twin Peaks takes a bit of LSD and some elbow grease.

EDIT: Don't actually do LSD, I... I live a very sad unmemorable life

derExperte

Banner on the frontpage.

capsule_616x353.jpg

chronomac

When I look at Steam in the iOS app, it makes it look like the original Epic Mickey is available to buy:

nKxQpyW.jpg

And when I select it, I get this:

zxQ3HML.jpg

Maybe it's just a bundle that's not ready.

yuraya

Come on Disney... Now is the time for episode 1 pod racer pc rerelease! Do it do it.

The Phantom Menace game itself would also be a great addition. I remember playing it on my ps1 long long time ago and really enjoying it. Was an awesome game. Would be epic if they brought over some of the Lucas stuff.

Phinor

Alien Isolation seems like a very well done PC game so far but it lacks AA options and the mouse is so sluggish (even with vsync off) I consider it unplayable. Either gamepad or wait for fixes. Leaning towards the latter because I have *cough* few others games to play right now.

jblank83

Deadly Premonition spins Twin Peaks into its own thing. It is not better than Twin Peaks. It is different from but heavily inspired by Twin Peaks. It's like a spiritual successor or a modern remake.

Watch Twin Peaks. Grind through the rough episodes, of which about 25% are. Revel in the transcendent episodes, of which about 25% are (including the most important: beginning, middle, end). Enjoy the rest of the fun, weird episodes.

Jawmuncher

Alien Isolation seems like a very well done PC game so far but it lacks AA options and the mouse is so sluggish (even with vsync off) I consider it unplayable. Either gamepad or wait for fixes. Leaning towards the latter because I have *cough* few others games to play right now.

Mouse doesn't feel off to me.
Figured it was a design choice to add more weight to the character.
I'll try the controller and compare. I didn't even notice the lack of AA options.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

There are AA options. FXAA, SMAA t1x and t2x.

Tenrius

The Phantom Menace game itself would also be a great addition. I remember playing it on my ps1 long long time ago and really enjoying it. Was an awesome game. Would be epic if they brought over some of the Lucas stuff.

Yeah, that game was all right.

Vlad

And an 8 bit soundcard.

Since it's rather good:

Bundlestars Reboot 8.0 bunlde
Price: 1.79€ for the first 48 hours
  • Stealth Bastard Deluxe
  • Gray Matter
  • Zeno Clash
  • Etherlords II
  • Ring Runner
  • Heroes of Annihilated Empires

Hmm, I've been eyeing Stealth Bastard, so time to see what some of those other games are all about, and if Stealth Bastard is actually good or not.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I remember playing this game on consoles, and it was actually halfway decent. It did get a little repetitive though, but it had elements from both Dead Man's Chest and At World's End, so that was nice.

hey, hey, hey ... IIRC the PC version was the SUPER-SHITTY PS2 one ... not the REALLY good PS360 one ... why are there the good screenshots on the game page then? O_O

Oh :(

Easiest to fully complete of the modern Lego games, but still pretty decent. Might rebuy if it ever gets a decent discoun-lol disney sales.

Who cares about Disney? Twin Peaks is coming back for 9 episodes on Showtime from David Lynch. Bring on Deadly Premonition 2!

Finally, another winter wolves game in a cheap bundle. Just what I've always wanted
still bought though, so ehh.

Assassin's Creed Unity - Story Trailer.

Looks very interesting, but it's 60 bucks :(

Ubi still knows how to do great trailers, at least. Almost got me excited to play a new asscreed on release.

Almost.

DRAGON QUEST AND SMT SERIES ON STEAM!

If only. My wallet would be dead within minutes.

Don't worry, it's a really good game :)

yup. Played it on the vita a really enjoyed it. My only issue was that the additional costumes were locked up on your first run and can only be used to replay a level. I would've liked to have tried them out, but by the end of the game i was ready to move on.

And even if i wanted to find the link on the store page it's such a fucking mess that i wouldn't know where to begin.

Twin Peaks is coming back? No way, I heard rumors a few days ago but didn't actually think it would be coming back, that's awesome. And it's good to see Disney drop all those games on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom