• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jørdan

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jrdan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- Don't be a dick.

Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-15FCB365D11EE6EC - Taken by derExperte

#payitforward

iosefe

I'll have to follow up with one of my guys at Valve who works on the bizdev side of things. I sent him an email ages ago asking if he could reach out to Disney because a lot of their stuff (mainly, LEGO Pirates) was on PC but was only available for digital download from Amazon - presumably because Amazon asked.

I wonder now if he took that idea and ran with it.

thanks

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
split/second, pure and tron :D

awesome!

I really like split/second, hat lots of fun with it and now I can finally play Pure!

I would assume the mega pack would be readded after all the games are available. Seems strange to put it up for such a short time.

I hope

Jawmuncher

I just want to say Alien Isolation keeping the aesthetic of the first Alien is amazing.
The fact there's cassete tapes lying around, green monitors and keyboards is just a joy for me. I just loved that style of sci-fi where they were using what they had currently but in futuristic setting due to budget. So being able to see that again in some form really is nice.
Going to dabble more after work, but the just this being a game finally for Alien fans rather than Aliens fans alone is already a huge plus.

Dr Dogg

*Dr Dogg alert*

Alien: Isolation appears to have flawless 2.35 support (or any aspect ratio). The pre-rendered cutscenes are correctly pillar boxed and the hud is placed in the corners without stretching.

I can't buy any more stuff this month! I'll keep an eye out in the screenshot thread but I'm sure I'll cave in by the end of the week. Cheers for the info.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Here's an idea Disney (i know you are reading this)
LucasArts Adventure Pack. Huh? Huh?

Monkey Island and Indiana Jones are already on Steam, why not sell Day of the Tentacle and Sam&Max as well? No? Instead a bunch of crappy movie tie-in games? Oh well then :(

derExperte

#payitforward

#cando
#ohshit1300achievements

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Electronic Super Joy: Groove City -- MB-D6AB58ECF3896F44 - Taken by Htown. 2 entrants total.

t1412612373z1.png

Jørdan;133108718 said:
#payitforward

That's a fine game you've won, derExperte. In my opinion, anyway, but the achievement system they created is ri-goddamn-diculous.

The Samaritan Paradox is Indie Royale's new mystery game. Three to go.

If you don't have this game, guys, let me say this: if you like point and clicks, get this game immediately. It's Blackwell good. It's Cognition good. Even if you don't like them, I'd still recommend giving this one a try. I don't often go to bat for games, but I will for this one.

The_Monk

For curiosity sake, I tried to redeem my Copy of Tron I got in August on Steam but it doesn't work. -1 on Steam.

At least the price was good!

1h9Hwgll.jpg

Chariot

Animu Cards Moneez
Guys! Get that damn IndieGala Bundle and idle or play Flower Shop before the price falls into oblivion.

jxtOiWRzEJFxM.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
oh shit when did they add the all new releases tab back to the popular/upcoming tab list

thats what i really missed

*bows* You can also use the "Customize" menu I built at the top to let it show you what types of releases you want to see.

Jawmuncher

For curiosity sake, I tried to redeem my Copy of Tron I got in August on Steam but it doesn't work. -1 on Steam.

At least the price was good!

1h9Hwgll.jpg

If not for the Securom and GFWL combo.
Tron is a really fun game for what it is.
Especially in the range of 10 or less.

From the Godzilla talk last night, here are some copies of Omegalodon:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (darkchewie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Omegalodon #3 -- MB-C8E878D0A441D81C - Taken by Vuze. 8 entrants total.
Omegalodon #2 -- MB-737D8A30651F86B2 - Taken by chronomac. 9 entrants total.
Omegalodon -- MB-194422902A1D31A5 - Taken by Gipsy Danger. 12 entrants total.

t1412698413z1.png

(Sorry I couldn't get any copies of the game from Milamber's video last night to give out though, lol)

The_Monk

If not for the Securom and GFWL combo.
Tron is a really fun game for what it is.
Especially in the range of 10 or less.

Yes, I have it installed on my PC and GFWL was not a problem so far. I only did the Tutorial and a bit of the first mission. I was expecting worst visuals but they are okay, I'll see if I stick to it. 50 cents was a good price, either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom