• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
On a DISNEY game? Even Nintendo discounts deeper and more often.
Guess you're right, I forgot this is Disney we're talking about.

I'm hoping for a miracle that Disney tries to convince EA to put Star Wars Battlefront 3 on Steam, as slim as the chance is. Of course EA has all the rights to future games so probably no dice (pun intended).
You, my friend, are an optimist. Hopefully it happens, though I don't have any hopes.

On another (non-Steam related) note, I've just bought Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for PS3. I've never played that game before, so I hope it lives up to all the praise it got.

Deitus

On another (non-Steam related) note, I've just bought Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for PS3. I've never played that game before, so I hope it lives up to all the praise it got.

You are in for a treat. Such a great game.

What I wouldn't give for Konami to put the Metroidvanias out on Steam. I usually don't double dip, but I would buy all of them day one if they were on Steam.

Shadownet

Banned
I went with raffling W3...
cause I wanna win W3 >_>
Thanks again for helping me get AI!

Well it look like Alien Isolation is like an 8/10 game at most. Its getting mediocre to good reviews.

While Witcher 3 might get amazing reviews. So I'm sure people will be really hype for Witcher 3. Plus I know for sure a lot of people on my friends list still haven't gotten it yet.

You could probably get a lot of copies of Korra. So do that. Cause Korra's awesome and Platinum are awesome.

Here hoping that Korra will be region free! That mean I will be able to get more copies. And hope that its amazing too.

Btw... Is your avatar Korra dressing up as Raiden? Lol

How long does it take for the GMG pack to come through when you order one of the participating games? I ordered NBA and got the code straight away but wanted to use the 23% code for another game!

Arthea

Not sure was it mentioned or not, but gamersgate has Deep Sliver week going right now, Capcpom week ended.

edited: SpellForce franchise is on sale too, but most of it is not steam as far as I can remember.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Star Citizen AMD codes are the full game after all?

*starts crying*

I did not use my voucher on SC because everybody said it's just DLC

:'(

this makes me really sad

Uzzy

Agreed to all of the above. I love your avatar by the way.

Here hoping that Korra will be region free! That mean I will be able to get more copies. And hope that its amazing too.

Btw... Is your avatar Korra dressing up as Raiden? Lol

Sure is!

tumblr_n7rbklGknP1qe96vjo1_500.jpg

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I don't think anyone knew before it was too late man :/

I will live... but it was the only game besides Alien I was genuinely interested in...
oh well it will be years anyway before this game will be anywhere near completion :)

Khronico

Just spent the better part of Sunday and today trying to fix my modem so I've been out of the loop for a bit.

It's a bit late but happy birthday jshackles! Both enhanced steam and idlemaster are fantastic, thanks for all your hard work!

As as side note,
Star Citizen Code should contain full game, ship /w AMD skin and Arena pass.
Sounds passable for $1. This is despite their AMD's site making it sound like game itself is not included.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/2i329b/question_about_an_amd_giveaway/ckyc3bc

mcnulty-kicks-desk-o.gif

Guess I can probably make a few bucks of that Alien key...

so we already know that Alien keys are available in AMD right?

edit : with the preorder stuff? awesome

edit edit : Star Citizen was the actual game? wow, fuck that AMD.

RS4-

Well that's what I get for not buying an amd code since SC was the kicker and yeah, back then people thought it was just a ship.

I guess I'll just have to wait for both SC and Alien :(

What a season, what a season! My AMD Aliens code is a pre-order and the Star Citizen code contains the full game, makes the fact that I got it all for a dollar that much sweeter.

Shadownet

Banned
I mean it was AMD fault for being unclear when we all tried to redeem the codes. Most people thought it was just a ship. Not an entire game.

Tizoc

"Indies need to step it up" just because it had a particular aesthetic and claiming I implied you were "not allowed to criticize the little people" does not constitute as "moronic shit" then? Whatever floats your boat I guess.
Good to see you actually can retort at something someone ACTUALLY posts, which was the whole point of why I posted that :V

Pixelart not being a personal preference is fine and dandy, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it that devs need to stray away from, especially when it's clear that some effort is being put into its stylistic choice.

I do like what I've seen in the trailer but...I'm seeing various game already releasing within the next year are pixel art, I feel their 'flare' and appeal wearing off on me. That's why I'm so critical about it, why not go the next step and have animated 2D sprites like in games like Ittle Dew or the upcoming Shantae game?
I want to see variety in the 2D games these indies make.

I mean it was AMD fault for being unclear when we all tried to redeem the codes. Most people thought it was just a ship. Not an entire game.

True, I spent a good while trying to explain to people how the Star Citizen thing worked since all signs pointed to it just being the ship and AC pass.

I tend to agree.

I read the fine print a couple times and it damn sure sounded like it ONLY included some ship.

Think I googled and found more of the same. Boo them.

As as side note,
Star Citizen Code should contain full game, ship /w AMD skin and Arena pass.
Sounds passable for $1. This is despite their AMD's site making it sound like game itself is not included.
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/2i329b/question_about_an_amd_giveaway/ckyc3bc

Based AMD even more. I really, really thought I got a dud deal on that one since I took that deal first before reading the Steam thread. Now I'm all giggly as this gif shows:
q3e87zR.gif

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
While I like to enter Shadownet's giveaway (TW3 is tempting me), I think I'll just pass on that. Thanks for your generosity though bro.

Wake to find the sun is shining, and that it's another rather exceptional day in gaming and in Steamland. Lots of happy SteamGAFfers, wonderful to see.

The Disney developments make you wonder why they wouldn't have done this sooner - can't have been a massive undertaking technically or financially to get these titles onto Steam.

From what I heard second hand, Disney did ask ages ago and Valve rejected them because at the time Valve didn't feel their games were a good match for steam and Disney simply never asked again. The suggestion they ask Valve again apparently came from Double Fine. Once again, this is all second hand.

Shadownet

Banned
So every preorder copies of Alien Isolation give you a TF2 item? I wonder how much those Alien Isolation TF2 item are going for.

Probably not much?

You don't need to have the game installed, you just need to start tf2 with the game in your library.
Same for all other preorder items.

I mean TF2 isn't installed, could I just use idlemaster to "launch" TF2 and have them show up in my inventory?

So every preorder copies of Alien Isolation give you a TF2 item? I wonder how much those Alien Isolation TF2 item are going for.

Probably not much?

Not sure, but I got around $8 or so for the Wolfenstein TNO TF2 items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom