• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Two of my favourite things, together at last. And on the same day UPS delivered my Disney Blu-Ray collection! Wowee Zowee!

zkylon

zkylewd
Might be fear of spoilers. Or maybe they're just wanting to disassociate with it, as the game is a lot more brutal than say, the light hearted Hobbit series, and they don't want to be associated with something "kiddy."

oh that's not THAT bad

still pretty rotten tho lol

Turfster

I'm just going to give up.
I'm not getting my AMD key before next week, I can feel it.

Tabletop simulator is 25% off on bundlestars

Ozium

Considering these all show "Not Tradable, Not Marketable" they'll go for $0.

preorder items don't become tradable or marketable until a week or two after the game comes out.

see: wolfenstein tno

edit: seems these items are all halloween classed things so you can only use them during halloween time (now) or during full moons, or any server in halloween mode :/

AHA-Lambda

So is the Alien Isolation Season Pass just stuff for this survival challenge mode?

If so, I think I can fairly say I'll just skip it.

preorder items don't become tradable or marketable until a week or two after the game comes out.

see: wolfenstein tno

edit: seems these items are all halloween classed things so you can only use them during halloween time (now) or during full moons, or any server in halloween mode :/

Oh, nice! I stand corrected. Yeah, now that I look at my BioShock Infinite items, I see that I can trade/market them now too.

The_Monk

Just arrived home and I see that The Night of the Rabbit is on sale for 75% OFF. In my opinion, for that price it's a must play. Here's the link to my little impressions:

Steam Review

And if you are too lazy to click on it:

Enter the realm of Mousewood where a world filled with magic and warm feelings wait for you and your journey to begin. As soon you start the game, the first thing you will notice is how unique the art style is. With warm and vibrant colours, The Night of the Rabbit is the perfect (summer) adventure to play any time of the year, it's easy to fall in this world, it's charming and will win your heart, if you allow it. Without giving too much information, it's wise to understand that not everything is what's appear to be. There is plenty of mystery and magic surrounding Mousewood with plenty to see in a selection of different locations.

Filled by imagination and creativity you will encounter puzzles through your journey. Depending on your perception, these can be easy to medium difficulty while others may take some time to understand. You will have to meet new people, do some favours, help others, gather materials and much more in order to advance the Story. While advancing through the game you will listen the amazing soundtrack that makes a nice companion. It's already easy for you to fall in the story due the charm of the art style but music always played an important role in these types of games and it's great to see that such role was not ignored during the creation of the game.

While playing the game, enjoying the scenery, listening to the music, narration and other character's stories it took me about 14 hours -give or take- to finish the game. Not once I felt the rush or need to end the story in a quick session or two. It's a pleasant game to play in a very calm and relaxed environment that will leave you stuck to your monitor until the very end. If you are like me, I do enjoy to play certain games during certain seasons of the year. With Autumn coming soon and then Winter, The Night of the Rabbit is the perfect fit to play after a long tiresome day or during that rainy, cold afternoon while having some warm coffee or tea by your side to keep you warm. I know it may seem odd, but having a nice surrounding while playing some games can make the immersion even bigger (and better) and this is something important while playing any type of game.

If you are a fan of point and click games, intriguing stories and astonishing visuals thanks to a well drawn art style, then this may be the game for you. It's a game telling a story, a game that asks the player not to see a journey but to go with it and tag along as you play Jerry, the main character.

-----------------
I'm also hoping to see some non-spoiler GAFfer's screenshots from Alien Isolation soon. Can't wait to try that game later on since I didn't grabbed those AMD codes. I just hope it runs well on PC.

Nzyme32

So for preorder items in TF2, what do they typically sell for?

The only one I bothered to sell, was a recent non-tradeable pre-order item from left for dead - bill's hat. Sold for £8 somehow. Everything else I have seems to be a just a pound or two.. oddly, one of the free emotes given during the tf2 final hours or whatever patch - a yngwie malmsteen solo, is worth a couple of pounds.

I'd bet the alien hat will be popular since it is fairly unique in terms of what it does

I'm also hoping to see some non-spoiler GAFfer's screenshots from Alien Isolation soon. Can't wait to try that game later on since I didn't grabbed those AMD codes. I just hope it runs well on PC.
I appreciate your impressions as always, Monk. :)

All reports are pointing to Alien being very easy to run. Off the top of my head, the minimum fps on a GTX 760 from one of the benchmarks was 80? Maxed out at 1080p? With some config netting 300~ fps?

Anyway, it'll run fine, no worries.

derExperte

The only one I bothered to sell, was a recent non-tradeable pre-order item from left for dead - bill's hat. Sold for £8 somehow. Everything else I have seems to be a just a pound or two.. oddly, one of the free emotes given during the tf2 final hours or whatever patch - a yngwie malmsteen solo, is worth a couple of pounds.

I'd bet the alien hat will be popular since it is fairly unique in terms of what it does

That sounds like the preorder item for Brütal Legend.

Jawmuncher

-----------------

These images really show the true terror of Alien Isolation

C7390389DC8B5D635E99AF664849172150733045

91FD387C6435C346D976D68A774FE295D41055A4

CCFD0F44484AC8ABDF83B5FCCBC932726BC9A5D9

As you can tell I give no fuck about AA

dot

Did all these Disney games make the thread explode or something? i'm behind 24 pages now.

brb adding a bunch to wishlist

AHA-Lambda

...And after all that, my PC refuses to run Isolation (can't say I'm surprised, still running 512MB VRAM, fine with everything else though ;_;). Boots up ok, but game just crashes when I start a new game.

I still have about another 3 months before I can build a new rig :/

Tizoc

Yeah a game can't be called a game without them sweet sweet polygons

Stop talking out of your ass and making moronic shit up, I never said 'it wasn't a game', just my displeasure that various indies go the pixel art route a lot recently.
Or am I not allowed to criticize the 'little people'?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Kurt Russell, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kurt Russell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Explodemon -- MB-29193126CC703E53 - Taken by Tizoc. 8 entrants total.
Borealis -- MB-135A2E753E947E06 - Taken by bluechox2. 6 entrants total.
Super Killer Hornet: Resurrection -- MB-8BBE90E0D9C422DF - Taken by Scipius. 2 entrants total.
Space Farmers -- MB-677328BF1CF23AB3 - Taken by darkchewie. 6 entrants total.
Chaos Domain -- MB-AAB31B30D41BBBC3 - Taken by Mr.McFist. 2 entrants total.
Circuits -- MB-A0AA8DE183713B65 - Taken by Nzyme32. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Miner Wars 2081 -- MB-9C058F76894A4F25 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Receiver -- MB-8FD06C0ACB277D80 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 1 entrants total.
Really Big Sky -- MB-C2B12E3277B20C1E - Taken by Tesseract. 2 entrants total.
Clickr -- MB-62F1D54C8EED9A1D - Taken by Abomination. 4 entrants total.
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-449DA7FEF8DE6D91

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Receiver was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Really Big Sky was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Clickr was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1412636014z1.png

Haven't seen or read much about Alien Isolation. So is the game an actual survival horror, with combat, limited items and inventory managment, or is this just another Amnesia clone?

derExperte

Stop talking out of your ass and making moronic shit up, I never said 'it wasn't a game', just my displeasure that various indies go the pixel art route a lot recently.
Or am I not allowed to criticize the 'little people'?

Saying that pixel art was in 1-2 years ago and indies should do something else as if it's inferior isn't much better.

Is Alien Isolation really 35GB after the install?

If that's the case, I'll probably have to upgrade my 128GB SSD.

Around 24GB.

The_Monk

I appreciate your impressions as always, Monk. :)

All reports are pointing to Alien being very easy to run. Off the top of my head, the minimum fps on a GTX 760 from one of the benchmarks was 80? Maxed out at 1080p? With some config netting 300~ fps?

Anyway, it'll run fine, no worries.

Thanks my good man! :)

I've been decreasing some settings in some recent games and I never go chase the best visual experience as it can be an expensive hobby but it seems that it's not one of those very demanding games.

These images really show the true terror of Alien Isolation

Haha, nice. As long it plays well, that's what matters the most in this game to be honest.

Nothing to report on The Evil Within's framerate. The Twitter campaign has been ignored so far by Bethesda.

I'm not aware of this, Grief. Is it regarding the PC version or all versions of the game?

MRORANGE

It doesn't make any sense to install Steam on your primary HDD anytime soon, especially if it's a SSD, with next-gen games being over 3-gb+ it's a great idea to buy a 2TB mechanical drive and wait a year or two.

Around 24GB.

Great, thank you :)

It doesn't make any sense to install Steam on your primary HDD anytime soon, especially if it's a SSD, with next-gen games being over 3-gb+ it's a great idea to buy a 2TB mechanical drive and wait a year or two.

I just have a laptop right now, so I don't really have a choice (and a SSD is a massive improvement on a laptop). But yeah, for a desktop, installing Steam on a SSD drive would be unwise.

jblank83

Or buy a 1 TB SSD and enjoy drastically reduced load times.

determine_your_cash_burn_rate.jpg

Livin large

I'm not aware of this, Grief. Is it regarding the PC version or all versions of the game?

Consoles are confirmed to be 30fps but Bethesda haven't said a thing about the framerate on PC so people are getting pretty nervous about the whole affair. I can't imagine they would lock it to 30fps but I've been burned before.

Phawx

Reached out to Beth regarding frame rate. Additionaly, I asked now for a review copy, but they've shot me down in the past, so that avenue doesn't look solid.

If I get an answer, I'll let you guys know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom