• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't make any sense to install Steam on your primary HDD anytime soon, especially if it's a SSD, with next-gen games being over 3-gb+ it's a great idea to buy a 2TB mechanical drive and wait a year or two.
well, you could always just install steam on your ssd so the client is snappier, and create a steam library folder on the HDD for the games.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm going to sell them all and give the money to the developers of Bad Rats and convince them to make a prequel.

Bad Rats: The Hoods

oipic

Wake to find the sun is shining, and that it's another rather exceptional day in gaming and in Steamland. Lots of happy SteamGAFfers, wonderful to see.

The Disney developments make you wonder why they wouldn't have done this sooner - can't have been a massive undertaking technically or financially to get these titles onto Steam.

Saiyan-Rox

Just realized I have a good few humble bundle games still un-used hopefully someone can make use of them :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rox598, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Orcs Must Die 2 Complete pack -- MB-26F8529014B08E1F - Taken by Majukun
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-1FD48281178FE219 - Taken by iosefe
Neighbours From Hell Compilation -- MB-017097C7F8B9ADD9 - Taken by BernardoOne
The Sims 3 Late Night Key -- MB-5200F609BE8E2B1B - Taken by fernandes
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff Key -- MB-B8FCFE8AED2514B4
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-A492AB98758AB235 - Taken by Kurt Russell

The_Monk

Wake to find the sun is shining, and that it's another rather exceptional day in gaming and in Steamland. Lots of happy SteamGAFfers, wonderful to see.

The Disney developments make you wonder why they wouldn't have done this sooner - can't have been a massive undertaking technically or financially to get these titles onto Steam.

Always nice to read your posts oipic!

When I saw the news I was happy for Split Second but then I realized that for some odd reason, I always mistake Split Second with Blur. Now with one back on Steam it would be nice to have the other too.

ViviOggi

As as side note,
Star Citizen Code should contain full game, ship /w AMD skin and Arena pass.
Sounds passable for $1. This is despite their AMD's site making it sound like game itself is not included.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/2i329b/question_about_an_amd_giveaway/ckyc3bc

picardjnjms.gif

Newblade

Just gonna give these few away before I forget I even got them.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Newblade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Sun at Night -- MB-A6A657D1F68131BD - Taken by Catshade
The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-40257317C2B0E67B - Taken by Easton Dark
Major Mayhem -- MB-EC640D161A96A984 - Taken by electroflame

Tizoc

Saying that pixel art was in 1-2 years ago and indies should do something else as if it's inferior isn't much better.

I never said it was inferior tho, and didn't even imply it. It's just that I'd like to see indies go for an alternate visual style like what Wayforward is doing with Shantae for example.

Lovely Planet, Anodyne and Race the sun are all interesting titles from the new deals. Anodyne is like Link's Awakening, Lovely Planet seems to borrow a lot from Katamari Damacy stylistically. Seems cool to me though.

I've always been a pretty careful dude about making sure that gaming doesn't interfere with my family life, so I pretty much only play games if I happen to have the house to myself (which is pretty rare). And I find myself with a full week of bachelor-ness ahead of me with my wife and kids making a family visit back to the Midwest. I'll be social as well, but I'm going to pack in some serious gaming time this week. It's almost a tyranny of choice situation though, I'm not sure what to even do with this much gaming time.

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah I just watched some Alien reviews. It's just not for me. Weapons don't seem to do much. It's a lot like Outlast where hiding is the only thing you do. But i'm sure a lot of people will enjoy that type of gameplay.

rtcn63

Yeah I just watched some Alien reviews. It's just not for me. Weapons don't seem to do much. It's a lot like Outlast where hiding is the only thing you do. But i'm sure a lot of people will enjoy that type of gameplay.

From one review (GT), I believe they say that the flamethrower has so much ammo scattered around, that it destroys any sense of fear.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Probably veeeery late, but it's weird to see all those Disney games on Steam. Prices are still high, so even if some titles are good I'll wait for a further discount.

MattyG

Banned
I preloaded Alien, downloaded 14.6GB and now it's saying it's 15GB and nothing is downloading, it just says "Busy writing to disk". Has this happened to anyone else?

Vibranium

Banned
Probably veeeery late, but it's weird to see all those Disney games on Steam. Prices are still high, so even if some titles are good I'll wait for a further discount.

I'm hoping for a miracle that Disney tries to convince EA to put Star Wars Battlefront 3 on Steam, as slim as the chance is. Of course EA has all the rights to future games so probably no dice (pun intended).

Stop talking out of your ass and making moronic shit up, I never said 'it wasn't a game', just my displeasure that various indies go the pixel art route a lot recently.
Or am I not allowed to criticize the 'little people'?
"Indies need to step it up" just because it had a particular aesthetic and claiming I implied you were "not allowed to criticize the little people" does not constitute as "moronic shit" then? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Pixelart not being a personal preference is fine and dandy, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it that devs need to stray away from, especially when it's clear that some effort is being put into its stylistic choice.

AHA-Lambda

Worth a shot (but I think I know the answer), crossposting from the Alien Isolation PC performance thread

OK, this is a really dumb question (but hey worth a shot):

The game crashes for me once I try to load up the game (it boots ok, but once I try to play it is when it shits the bed).

I admit this is almost certainly down to having a GPU that doesn't meet the minimum requirements (Radeon HD 6770M 512MB vram). Is this the likely cause of the problem?

I was willing to play the game in shitty circumstances until I can upgrade, I just thought it'd still run =/

Yeah, it's a dumb question.

Arthea

so why am I playing Jack Lumber still? here is a thing, I don't know. I don't even like it. (><)
I really need some good fishing game on steam, or a good game that allows nice fishing too, for times I feel rather fishing (virtually will do) than playing games. Not going back to MMOs for that though.

On a DISNEY game? Even Nintendo discounts deeper and more often.

Well, they released bunch of games on steam, we didn't see THAT coming, maybe they'll begin to discount games too, stranger things has happened recently, like Twin Peaks season 3 for example (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom