• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

guys. guys.

I just found out The Wire is being remastered for Blu-ray.

This is life altering shit right here.

I remember selling this girl and her mom a The Wire box set, it was the grey package that came with this trinket or that. Earlier that day, this fella tried to buy it, the last one available it seemed, and his card was declined. So I grabbed it from the bin nearby and offered it to her, since they were inclined to get DVDs of the individual seasons. The special edition was actually cheaper. The girl was a big fan, even visiting Baltimore at least once. She was elated.

I didn't hate working retail. I hated my co-workers and selling shit warranties. But the customers, they had a lot of good ones.

Jawmuncher

From what I have played of alien isolation it's not very scary. Dunno if its being desensitized from being a alien fan or what. But regardless it still has a good atmosphere.

MRORANGE

okay just played Alien Isolation.

Fuck.

Fuck,

Fuck.

Holy shit, this game hasn't made me so tense since I watched the original Alien.

Saving this game for the weekend.

xBladeM6x

Yeah I must be the odd man out and I'm even playing in hard.

You don't feel anything because...

fb0.jpg

Shadownet

Banned
If anyone is getting both the Evil Within and Alien Isolation. I'll be waiting to hear which will be the better horror game. I'm leaning toward Evil Within.

oipic

It might not be a game that suits everyone's tastes, but I'm loving the impressions I'm hearing regarding Alien: Isolation. Nice job, Creative Assembly! Nailing the atmosphere was always going to be the key, and it sounds like they have.

Those AMD codes turned out the be something pretty special in the end, particularly for a dollar or whatever. You guys did well. :)

MUnited83

For you.
If anyone is getting both the Evil Within and Alien Isolation. I'll be waiting to hear which will be the better horror game. I'm leaning toward Evil Within.

In terms of actually being scary? I'm betting Isolation. TEW being the best game? Maybe, but none of it seems what I would call scary. Seems like a sucessor to RE4(which also wasn't scary)

i have a question, whenever I download a game, it stops every once in a while saying "update required" and i have to hit a button to restart the download. I'm pretty sure I have it set to automatically apply updates, but it doesn't seem to do that, or not immediately. I think if I just left it completely alone it would eventually start up again, but is there any reason why it does this and can I make it so that it just keeps downloading without all those stops?

Sajjaja

In terms of actually being scary? I'm betting Isolation. TEW being the best game? Maybe, but none of it seems what I would call scary. Seems like a sucessor to RE4(which also wasn't scary)

I don't know about you but the Verdugo scared the living shit out of me.

Same with the regenerators. As soon as I saw one, I put my controller down and stopped playing for a week.....

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Aaaannnnnnnnnndd I forgot I was playing on Witcher 2 Insanity difficulty and started to screw around with the combat system two quests away from the ending of the game. And now my saves are gone. SMH.

Well, now to start from the beginning of the game. Again.

Sajjaja

Aaaannnnnnnnnndd I forgot I was playing on Witcher 2 Insanity difficulty and started to mess around with the combat system two quests away from the ending of the game. And now my saves are gone. SMH.

lol oh man that fucking sucks.

rtcn63

Stupid question- I'm watching Alien Isolation vids on YT, and I see a perpetual white dot at the center of the screen. Normal for people who have it? Worried that I may have some lit pixels on my monitor.

Shadownet

Banned
Aaaannnnnnnnnndd I forgot I was playing on Witcher 2 Insanity difficulty and started to screw around with the combat system two quests away from the ending of the game. And now my saves are gone. SMH.

Dude I was there half way through the game and have to restart. Insane difficulty just make you wanna pull out your hair when that happen lol

derExperte

No I mean that it isn't part of the game, and my monitor is just shit. I'm aware that a lot FPS titles have black/white dots centered on the screen. Just want to be sure that Alien is one of them.

Yep, I just realized what you meant. And yep, that's normal.

controller or keyboard for alien?

I went with gamepad after some complained about lag and a review said kb/m is unnecessary finicky when for example interacting with computers.

MUnited83

For you.
i have a question, whenever I download a game, it stops every once in a while saying "update required" and i have to hit a button to restart the download. I'm pretty sure I have it set to automatically apply updates, but it doesn't seem to do that, or not immediately. I think if I just left it completely alone it would eventually start up again, but is there any reason why it does this and can I make it so that it just keeps downloading without all those stops?

Are you using idle master?

rtcn63

My love for alien is starting to waver.
It's getting more annoying than anything. Thing ain't even scary just a nuisance.

This is what most First Person horror games amount to for me- Amnesia, Outlast, etc. The scares wear off after half an hour at best, and the repetition just makes you want to go watch Masters of Horror reruns.

Cheddahz

Banned
From what people have said so far about Alien, I'm glad I decided to sell my code and knock out some Christmas presents with the money

derExperte

From what people have said so far about Alien, I'm glad I decided to sell my code and knock out some Christmas presents with the money

And I'm glad I bought it on a whim, first few hours were already worth it.

So, white dot at the center of the screen for Alien is normal? Making sure before my paranoia acts up.

Yes, white dot.

It's most definitely still a thing.

I haven't had or seen any issues in a very long while, it's at least not as big of a problem as it once was.

I'm sorry to just show up to bitch, but I haven't really played many PC games for a bit (been busy with art projects + some console exclusives) and I am having a hell of a time coming back to Steam with the latest update. This tailored storefront is absolutely rubbish - for one thing, why is it all center justified now? I have to scroll way further down to see everything on the front page than I used to. All the customizable widgets and tailored/recommended boxes are a pain, too - I don't want to deal with that stuff, I literally just want to browse the store.

I get that they're trying to surface games that might get lost in the deluge as well as potentially wring more sales out of people by showing them what they like, but there's a huge problem with the way it's set up right now. When I go to Safeway I don't want them to shuffle the shelves around for me - I know what I want and where to get it, and if I want to browse I'll browse. Assuming what I want is frustrating, especially when it seems like my large Steam library (filled with games thanks to how I used to review a ton of indie PC games back in the day/like to drop a few bucks on sale games just to check them out) has convinced Steam that my taste in games is "anything european and/or garbage."

Sorry if this has been done to death already in the OT, but fuck man. It's so bad.

My love for alien is starting to waver.
It's getting more annoying than anything. Thing ain't even scary just a nuisance.
Thats how I felt about outlast after about an hour. You could predict what would happen and it was the same tasks over and over. Luckily it wasnt too long of a game

if you love steam and sports games, please dont support this lazy mess of a game. its been 15 years and they still havent updated from dreamcast servers. just go to OS download a roster update, and play last year's version. the only way we can show 2k that turning into EA is bad, is by not supporting this laziness.

Is it really DC servers? How you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom