• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

Is the Halloween Steam sale legit?

Was there also a meta-game during the Halloween sale? I'm hoping card prices go up.

It's basically just a glorified weekend sale that includes tangentially related games. Sometimes there's some good deals but it's not really a big event. If anything I'd expect card prices to drop some from people trying to get money to buy games, but I doubt there will be a large effect.

Didn't see this anywhere:

Disney just made Infinity (2.0) free for the PC.

Smart way to sell more figures.

It's been f2p like that since the PC release, but it doesn't work with any figures so I'm not real sure what the point of it is.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
hey guys did STEAM just get THEMES?

K2UQAR6.png
Why no Curtain Call, Salsa?

And no, the demo doesn't count.

SSPssp

No. It's basically just a weekend, after all.

It's basically just a glorified weekend sale that includes tangentially related games. Sometimes there's some good deals but it's not really a big event. If anything I'd expect card prices to drop some from people trying to get money to buy games, but I doubt there will be a large effect.

Aww, too bad, but thanks for the info. I guess it might be too much to hope for Alien Iso and Evil Within to get a small discount, but maybe RE stuff will be discounted again.

Jawmuncher

It's been f2p like that since the PC release, but it doesn't work with any figures so I'm not real sure what the point of it is.

NVM then. Yeah seems really pointless then.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yay that Evil Within thread made me remember that even tho for the last 5 years ive mostly been a "PC gamer", I still hate "PC gamers", so I guess I hate myself

"30fps is unplayable" lol fuck off

chronomac

In regards to Infinity 2.0, I've learned that it's essentially a free-to-play game that does not require a base. You can buy the physical figures and they come with a code that you use to unlock the character in the PC game. You can also buy the characters digitally.

iosefe

In regards to Infinity 2.0, I've learned that it's essentially a free-to-play game that does not require a base. You can buy the physical figures and they come with a code that you use to unlock the character in the PC game. You can also buy the characters digitally.

ooh. thats a pleasent surprise

Jawmuncher

yay that Evil Within thread made me remember that even tho for the last 5 years ive mostly been a "PC gamer", I still hate "PC gamers", so I guess I hate myself

Yep sometimes the stuff I see PC side is a bit ridiculous.

That is sweet! I'm going to try it.

Why? Since they don't want to settle for less? Nothing wrong with that.

rtcn63

I can adjust to 30fps (been playing PS3), but it is jarring initially. I can understand the "30fps is wrong" argument, because it does look like something is broken with the game if you're coming from 60fps. There (to me) is a significant loss of immersion, as if Laharl just walked up to you and kicked you in the testes.

I think a locked 30fps can be fine, but on PC you better expect backlash if you're not including 60fps support.

That said I'm very excited for TEW and will get it day one, but Bethesda is definitely being a dick by cold shouldering people after the system requirements debacle. Personally, I just want a yes/no answer so I can know what to look forward to.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

It looks like it comes with 3 free characters and they are in rotation as well. The video on the site explains it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hjMTDKATYg

If Disney were smart they'd stick that on steam with the characters as DLC packs, they'd make a mint.

Tellaerin

Why? Since they don't want to settle for less? Nothing wrong with that.

There's a world of difference between "I don't like playing at less than 60 fps" and "30 fps is unplayable". It comes off as almost... snobbish, I guess you could say. Like somebody dismissing an ordinary, unexceptional meal as "inedible" or "burnt garbage" because it's not 5-star cuisine.

Nabs

There are some insanely whiny gamers out there, but I don't think the 60fps conversation is a bad one to have. Especially with a game like TEW. I honestly wouldn't go near a pre-order of that with the way Beth has been handling information.

Sajjaja

Oh. I haven't started yet, but someone said they had to redo "15 minutes of gameplay" every time they died.

You can't manual save through the pause menu. You have to save either through checkpoints, or finding specific consoles inside the game to save manually. Not sure how few and far between they are.

BHK3

Banned
In regards to the disney games, some have cards listed for them while others don't, yet so far none are in yet. They are gonna get them soon right? I know FFIV had cards listed but didn't get them till like a month later.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Any one having issues with the AA in Alien? In don't see it in game.

What you are seeing is shader aliasing and it's incredibly difficult to remove entirely. The options in the game don't make much of a dent, but they are better than nothing. Downsampling from 4K should help a lot.

I finally got my new PC today. My old one was not for gaming (or not much of it). It was a quad core AMD CPU (forgot the name of it), 4 GB RAM, and an ATI 5670 1 GB graphics card. Now I have an i5-4690k CPU, 8 GB RAM, and a Radeon R9 290X graphics card. Finally...I can actually play games now. Still getting used to everything and have more setting up to do but so far, so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom