• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

I had my first experience with uPlay last week and I had previously believed that you guys were exaggerating, but I guess not... It went like this:

- Tried to make an account, it said it failed but it didn't fail and created it anyway. I could log in, I just never got the confirmation/welcome mail.
- Tried to sign in, got refused, restarted the client and could then sign in.
- Launched Trials Fusion. Nothing happens. Restarted uPlay again, and it would launch.
- Got into the game, connecting to the uPlay server to get updates or whatever failed. Restarted the game and it worked.
- I got a "gift" for getting Trials Fusion... A cheapskate version of the soundtrack with a few select songs on it. Really, Ubisoft? It does come with the cheesy title screen song so that's a plus, I guess.

Dr Dogg

Thank you. I'll remember to check their forum next time.

Are there any downsides to playing a game in Uplay offline mode?
edit: Nevermind, it doesn't work either.

When the client comes up and asks you to log in with your Uplay details click the settings cog picture and make sure to tick the box that say 'Allow start in offline mode' and never turn it off. Close the client/game and restart and it should boot to the client and providing you've registered the serial key already should start just fine. That should work even if the servers are down but Uplay is a fickle beast.

The biggest problem I have with Uplay is that I forget about it. It acts as a launcher for AC or FC and conveniently closes with a press of a button on my pad, once I'm done playing. I never check the store or launch other games from there. I've had Driver: SF since they sold it during their summer sale for a buck a year or two ago and I haven't touched it once. Not because I don't care (I love good racing games), but because it's basically hidden and invisible to me. That's exactly why I don't want to buy Unity there either. Over time I'd definitely forget that I have it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The biggest problem I have with Uplay is that I forget about it. It acts as a launcher for AC or FC and conveniently closes with a press of a button on my pad, once I'm done playing. I never check the store or launch other games from there. I've had Driver: SF since they sold it during their summer sale for a buck a year or two ago and I haven't touched it once. Not because I don't care (I love good racing games), but because it's basically hidden and invisible to me. That's exactly why I don't want to buy Unity there either. Over time I'd definitely forget that I have it.

I bought Tintin over a year ago and still haven't played it because I keep forgetting I have it on Uplay. Ditto for The Saboteur and Origin.

Tellaerin

the problem is that when I let go of a movement key gordon doesn't stop moving completely.. there is like a little lag or something... dude keeps moving a little.. and you need to run to jump. if you miss the jump you fall and get hurt.

I think that's supposed to be inertia rather than lag, but don't quote me on that.

Tizoc

There's no pre-load. The game releases in six hours and some change.

Would that mean it'll be downloadable BEFORE the store updates?
Cool if so.
BTW Jase are th Disney games region locked? I want to try and get them from a trader.

Tizoc

for the reviews i saw,it's as awesome as a kick in the guts

repetitive and shallow gameplay and the humor it's just one joke repeated over and over

Get One Finger Death Punch instead. It'll make you feel like you're Bruce Lee, Kenshiro, Jet Li, Kiryu Kazuma and Donnie Yen all rolled up into one stickman.

Dr Dogg

gordon freeman is actually luigi confirmed

BgzAJaE.png

It looks like LOTR: The War in the North

From what I've seen it does look like an Action based game with Tactical and Pause gameplay elements over the top. Really not too keen on either approach but the stupid price is the main off putting factor (even with Mexican Origin). PC games charged at £49.99 are off the cards for me.

JaseC

Arthea

Awaiting impressions of Styx, looks interesting, but my wishlist is a bit too extensive right now, so I'll wait.

Let's have some serious updated steam talk, shall we?
I no longer can see friend statistics on the steam store page (you know, most played games lifetime, last two weeks and most wanted), I know that not many care about it, but I liked to have it. Are statistics available still somewhere or gone for good?
Another problem that needs to be addressed is badge page, it is loading, thanks Odin (it used not to for a long time at some point), but navigating it is such a pain and waiting kills too. Can we get Valve rethink concept, I mean make some version that is not so graphically intense and has better accessibility?
The last but not least is inventory, I think solution would be rather simple here, more sorting one click options for starters? All steam items tab isn't helpful, but harmful.

Phinor

Tizoc

Yeah, it unlocks an hour before store-update-o'clock.

They're not. I bought the Mega Pack through a trader for $41.80 (22 keys x $1.90).

No worries.

Wicked I only want certain specific games so I'll ask my usual traders about them and get some more keys.

I really hate how action game it looks. I don't want Dragon Age to be an action game, I want huge toolbars full of skills and spells and slow, tedious combat. I know it's supposed to be a proper PC game with isometric view and all that but almost everything they show looks so wrong.

I don't know, it might not have the depth of something like Mass Effect 3 but.... I don't know where I'm going with this.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
thanks a lot!
How do you access it from recommended, I can't see
sorry, I'm a bit on the blind side

qsGNctZ.png

Fake edit: Jase stealing my thunder. I'll just go to bed now. Game count wasn't enough, huh.

Miguel81

man alien isolation looks so good, why are all the pretty atmospheric games scary ;_;

Heh, I just finished downloading it and will save it for tonight. Best horror games need/have atmosphere to spare as is seen in those shots. Also, the audio settings even have Full Dynamic Range as an option. Well be testing it tonight.

Styx might end up being a very good/great game. Maybe you should watch out for that one if you like stealth/action games.

JaseC

oh! so it's true that Kingdom Hearts 3 switched to UE4? PC release seems like nobrainer in this case.

That's up to Disney, not Squeenix, and I wouldn't look to the Steam releases of Disney's games as a positive omen just yet considering they've been available on Amazon DD since 2012 (with the exception of Epic Mickey 2, which had its PC version ignominiously released last year). KH3 releasing on the PC is certainly a possibility, don't get me wrong, but at present I don't think there's enough data to lean towards that more so than the series remaining console-bound.

Arthea

That's up to Disney, not Squeenix, and I wouldn't look to the Steam releases of Disney's games as a positive omen just yet considering they've been available on Amazon DD since 2012 (with the exception of Epic Mickey 2, which had its PC version ignominiously released last year). KH3 releasing on the PC is certainly a possibility, don't get me wrong, but at present I don't think there's enough data to lean towards that more so than series remaining console-bound.

why are you suddenly so pessimistic, when usually it's other way around?

Would be nice if we knew if the HD editions of the earlier KH series were switched too so we get them first.

I don't know, really, but I doubt that.

Square tsaming up with disney was and still is a huge mistake imo. The disney side isnt even important to kh ever since the 2nd game. And cause of disney thwy dont even own their own original characters

Tellaerin

Square tsaming up with disney was and still is a huge mistake imo. The disney side isnt even important to kh ever since the 2nd game. And cause of disney thwy dont even own their own original characters

I tried playing the PSP KH game, but it felt like some kind of weird Disney fanfic where the author tried to work a bunch of overly-serious original characters into some sort of melodramatic plot involving Disney villains that I really couldn't take seriously and I never ended up getting too far in it. I did like the battle system, though. That's about the extent of my exposure to KH.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Waiting for impressions of Styx. I adore Stealth games but if they aren't made well they can be the most frustrating thing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom