• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I seem to have wandered into a Playstation thread ... can anyone help me out and point me into the direction of the Steam thread? I'd appreciate that greatly

Just follow the yellow p road. Once you reach 1080, click your CPUs together three times and repeat "there's no framerate like 60fps".

What are these?

Strange terms of the mythology from FF13. The official ones are:

Fal'Cie
L'Cie
Cie'th

Like there are some kind of "gods" called Fal'Cie that take care of everything on Cocoon and the L'Cie are their servants that have a special purpose in the masterplan, but if they cant fullfill their purpose they become monsters called Cie'th.
Then later there are some Cie'th-Stones for whatever reason...

Tizoc

Fal'Cie
L'Cie
Cie'th

Like there are some kind of "gods" called Fal'Cie that take care of everything on Cocoon and the L'Cie are their servants that have a special purpose in the masterplan, but if they cant fullfill their purpose they become monsters called Cie'th.

The terms are based on the French word Ciel which means Light IIRC.

If the combat system is the only problem I would buy the game instantly. No Kill run. Always.

The devs confirmed that a no kill run is possible.

Pfff...don't post that on the previous pages, why would I look there?
Sorry :(

No worries jase replied better than I did haha.

Deques

Fal'Cie
L'Cie
Cie'th

They just look like mumbo jumbo to me

The terms are based on the French word Ciel which means Light IIRC.

Sqeenix thinks that some French word look and sound nice? :/

Knurek

Haven't ran to any issues. I think there were some problems in the beginning, but overall the OS is faster, prettier and even more stable.

I just love that each and every new Windows release, people compare a 3+ year OS install with tonnes of software installed and a bloated registry/startup programs to a fresh install (most probably on a faster CPU+HDD as well) and always, always come to come to a conclusion that the new version is faster.

This has been going on ever since 98 and is as factually accurate as those 'new iOS loads apps faster (by loading a screenshot of a program and then taking it sweet time to actually load the program in the background)' claims.

Dr Dogg

They just look like mumbo jumbo to me

For my recommendation in the OP I initially had a break down of the early plot of FFXIII as an attempt to 'ease' new comers in. I scraped it due to 1). being 300+ words long in itself and 2). it actually confused me more!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
qsGNctZ.png

Fake edit: Jase stealing my thunder. I'll just go to bed now. Game count wasn't enough, huh.
I'm probably late for this, but it's good to see you again, buddy. Hope this time off the internet has been kind to you. I, for one, am glad to see you here.

Arthea

There are much worse things in stories of FF13 trilogy than made up terms, these never bothered me, actually.
And when you get to know what they mean, they won't bother you too. Other question is will you ever learn what they really mean ? (><)

So my party on DA:O seems to be composed by a bunch of crazy people, the only one who looks to have some sort of sense is my dog who in my opinion is the best character in the game so far, he always find gifts for me. xD

asdfgasdf

There, I got your next game title, pay me SE!

Or something like that Introvertly Undisclosed: The Last Circle

I just love that each and every new Windows release, people compare a 3+ year OS install with tonnes of software installed and a bloated registry/startup programs to a fresh install (most probably on a faster CPU+HDD as well) and always, always come to come to a conclusion that the new version is faster.

This has been going on ever since 98 and is as factually accurate as those 'new iOS loads apps faster (by loading a screenshot of a program and then taking it sweet time to actually load the program in the background)' claims.

I just love that each and every new Windows release, people think that 5+ years of development was just for making the window chrome and start menu look slightly different and always, always come to a conclusion that the new version just looks different.

This has been going on ever since 98 and is as factually accurate as those 'new iOS looks a bit different (by loading a screenshot of a program and then comparing it to the old version) claims.

Arthea

So my party on DA:O seems to be composed by a bunch of crazy people, the only one who looks to have some sort of sense is my dog who in my opinion is the best character in the game so far, he always find gifts for me. xD
Isn't that a best party to go on adventuring with? At least you won't die of boredom!

I just love that each and every new Windows release, people think that 5+ years of development was just for making the window chrome and start menu look slightly different and always, always come to a conclusion that the new version just looks different.

This has been going on ever since 98 and is as factually accurate as those 'new iOS looks a bit different (by loading a screenshot of a program and then comparing it to the old version) claims.

I just love that with each and every new Windows release people believe that this one won't be broken for years to come, if not forever and that 5 years of development actually ever happened in MS history.

we all should have embraced MAC OS right from the start (><)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
For my recommendation in the OP I initially had a break down of the early plot of FFXIII as an attempt to 'ease' new comers in. I scraped it due to 1). being 300+ words long in itself and 2). it actually confused me more!

I actually feel like that should be the recommendation forFF XIII. From everything I've heard that seems to be a good description of the game.

I just dont understand why they havent called them gods, servants of gods, monsters born from servants...

Or at least use names that dont sound that similar.

Arthea

I just dont understand why they havent called them gods, servants of gods, monsters born from servants...

Or at least use names that dont sound that similar.

real spoilers

I think they did that to drive a point of Fal'Cie being incredibly advanced biomachines created by advanced civilization, which Fal'Clie call gods and left on that planet when they moved on. That leads to servants of Fal'Cie not called servants because they are not, it's not servitude but a mean of communicating between the two, only humans and animals don't know language for obvious reasons. And it's my theory but I think initially not meeting focus wasn't supposed to be harmful, but as Fal'Cie couldn't communicate with modern population of the planet in any other means they invented punishment of sorts, to make them try harder.

Tizoc

Sqeenix thinks that some French word look and sound nice? :/

No that applies to Japan in general. Notice how Bleach uses Spanish and German terms too.

Depending on the context, "ciel" could mean either "sky" or "heaven."

Interesting.
Actually the word 'Light' can be associated with the divine so it fits in its concept.

Bonus trivia: In the Megaman Zero games, Zero is aided by a scientist named Ciel.
Dr. Ciel

Yeah, same here, I got them all from different bundles and played them.

Really good adventure game, I highly recommend it.

Just started episode 2. I like how before you're given a chance to save your game, you get a choice-point that gives you two different achievements, so if you want them both you have to restart your game! And by "like," I mean I don't like that at all. Still, I really liked episode 1...and I'll have to go back and finish the last achievements for that one too someday.

Btw. I just saw a Mordor video...

Now I am wondering why people were complaining that this Virus Kickstarter Megaman zero "inspired" game got so much flak for "reusing similar animations" while the animations in Mordor are also almost the exact same I saw in Black Flag that I played 2-3 weeks ago.
It really looks like an AC game in a different universe...

Mind blown!
Now let me dream for Mega Man Zero games on Steam

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=904721

Vlad

The thing that worries me the more I see of some of these combinations is how balanced the game will be around them. I know that the original had some items that were basically "win buttons" (Mom's Knife, Epic Fetus, etc), and that I'm sure that only the really spectacular combinations in Rebirth are the ones being showcased, but a LOT of those combinations for Monstro's Lung make it look like you can pretty easily clear a room with them.

Get One Finger Death Punch instead. It'll make you feel like you're Bruce Lee, Kenshiro, Jet Li, Kiryu Kazuma and Donnie Yen all rolled up into one stickman.

I second that wholeheartedly. Despite the initial impression the game makes, it's really, really satisfying. The entire game is controlled with two buttons and looks fairly simplistic, but it manages to be very satisfying. Even though I had my fill of it after going through the campaign once, I can see going back to it every so often in the future whenever I have that "itch".

Anteater

Btw. I just saw a Mordor video...

Now I am wondering why people were complaining that this Virus Kickstarter Megaman zero "inspired" game got so much flak for "reusing similar animations" while the animations in Mordor are also almost the exact same I saw in Black Flag that I played 2-3 weeks ago.
It really looks like an AC game in a different universe...

There were complaints about Mordor's animations too

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=756968

Half-Life 1 is poop. I'm in some area that is outside and there's all this platforming and crap and wonky controls... pure poop
Hey, I didn't like the cliff-shimmying either, but it's fairly easy stuff until the skinniest ledges at the end. Half-Life's not that hard after some practice, it's Quake on skill 3 to worry about.

Deques

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv_A1Dd96ak

Only this video, but its already 8 month old.

I saw Jim Sterling playing Mordor yesterday in the episode and seriously. It really looks almost exactly the same.

Doesn't show any gameplay from those games, just Shank 2 :/

Yeah, knowing Squeenix, $1 tier for some wallpapers/ringtones, $6 for FF7/FF8, $15 for FF3/FF4 and $30 for FF13.

I would probably still buy the second tier

vkCDPjd.png

So my last NASCAR 2013 gift just got upgraded to Championship Edition. It now includes all the DLCs for the game. When did this happen?

AsfaeksBR

Heeey, it's my birthday!!!
tumblr_ms50u6UIoG1qhfdt1o1_400.gif

Too bad I won't be able to play Styx today :(
And I'm pretty sure that I'll shift my "main gaming platform" from PC for PS4 (sorry guys, but I'll still hang around and play the PC exclusives and Indies)

Tizoc

9D8C5934663F1E262FE4F98AA07E4B59F9078354

Last Knight in the later stages adds some annoying obstacles lke the frogs, and you gotta react fast to dispatch them.
Nice game when it's not annoying but when it is...

dex3108

Interesting. I started Mass Effect 2 today and there was window asked me to activate game. I entered my Origin info and there was an error and now i can't play game and i played that same game two days ago. Oh well Origin support it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom