• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Who wouldn't want a long running video game franchise like Assassin's Creed Kingdom Hearts with a long convoluted main storyline, with multiple side titles of other characters tying into the main story somehow and each and every one of them a collect-a-thon of their own, coming to Steam!?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
... like The Wheelman ;)
or Outrun 2006 CtoC

tlblndjf.gif

Waiting for impressions of Styx. I adore Stealth games but if they aren't made well they can be the most frustrating thing ever.

I skimmed over the review snippets posted in the "demi-OT", which are admittedly few at this juncture, and it seems the game's biggest issue is its hand-to-hand combat/parry system, but this doesn't faze me since I'll probably be doing a ghost run, anyway.

Who wouldn't want a long running video game franchise like Assassin's Creed Kingdom Hearts with a long convoluted main storyline, with multiple side titles of other characters tying into the main story somehow and each and every one of them a collect-a-thon of their own, coming to Steam!?

"Kingdom Hearts 2 is now on Steam"

no idea what's going on.jpg.exe

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I skimmed over the review snippets posted in the "demi-OT", which are admittedly few at this juncture, and it seems the game's biggest issue is its hand-to-hand combat/parry system, but this doesn't faze me since I'll probably be doing a ghost run, anyway.

If the combat system is the only problem I would buy the game instantly. No Kill run. Always.

"Kingdom Hearts 2 is now on Steam"

no idea what's going on.jpg.exe

Don't click that, that's a virus!

Dr Dogg

Well we can only hope they kill off Sora in KH3 like
Desmond had to go
in ACIII.

Edit: Of course I just twigged that might actually be a spoiler for anyone who hasn't played ACIII but it might give you some comfort.

Miguel81

Does it mean we get those strange aliensuits for TF2 or what are the preorder incentives?

Crew Expendable and Last Survivor. AMD keys were thought to be plain vanilla copies.

All that matters is 1 and 2. Charming Disney worlds to explore and evil villians to destroy -- story is meh.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Full Bore -- MB-B899020A5A4E2AFA - Taken by Crab Milk Mickey. 3 entrants total.
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-E3E536CB1CF71624 - Taken by Sendou. 3 entrants total.

t1412680057z1.png

Arthea

Well fuck, I just had to unspoiler that.

it's not a big loss, you still won't know what's going on at any given time ever (><)

Kill everybody? Actually KH3 should just be that, 5 minute sequence where they kill everybody that's not a Disney character.

http://www.neuroticmonkey.com/storage/Poochie%20Died.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1306452068479[/IMG[/QUOTE]

but they need someone to be alive, to continue series, you know
[SPOILER]I like your plan, actually, but I would say kill them all.[/SPOILER]

Wow, Enslaved was definitely worth it for 5 bucks, I'm playing all these smaller games because I'm waiting for my PC to get put together. Love the world and characters so far, and I'd say the combat is much better than Remember Me at the very least.

Now this just makes me want to never buy Remember Me.
I've seen more diversity in Remember Me's combat for the first hour than I did during all of Enslaved, when it comes to character abilities.

There isn't a whole lot to like in Enslaved in terms of gameplay, quite frankly. Auto-platforming that surpasses Uncharted, Nolan North Prince of Persia and Ass Creed in how blatant it is, very shallow combat, camera that constantly auto-corrects itself, repeated "stop and watch" instances so the game can spoonfeed you obvious information and so forth. Low quality textures bring down the overall art style and the story is nonsense with an ending that retroactively ruins everything before it.

Even for 5 bucks, I didn't really enjoy Enslaved. Definition of a braindead game.

In other news, I tried out Shadow of Mordor last night and I don't even know why people are enjoying that game. It plays itself! Combat? Just mash X and the dude does everything for you, you can even counter with X attacks! Climbing? Just press A and the guy finds something to climb even if it's like 75 feet up on the wall. Every little thing, even the healing plants, are marked on your HUD. Zero effort or thought required. Why is this a thing and why are people lining up for it? Fucking AAA games, man.
Wait until you see the final boss if you thought the game already played itself.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Question: Beside the interface, is there any reason I should not update my PC to Windows 8.1? Like, games that don't work, incompatibilities...? I know that Saints Row 2 and Battlefield 4 run way better under 8. :lol

I wanted to update when I got my 970, but since my pc is kinda overdue for a reformat (it's been 3 years since the last) I was thinking about doing it now.

Dr Dogg

they can't kill Sora
because Sora is everybody, duh

I'm not going to lie but I'd happily play a KH game with just Donald and Goofy as the main party with Disney themed support characters. Now before yesterday I wouldn't have never thought it would be something to come to PC and more over Steam but here we are. Come on Mr Mouse, you know the right thing to do
as well as a Quack Shot sequel

Question: Beside the interface, is there any reason I should not update my PC to Windows 8.1? Like, games that don't work, incompatibilities...? I know that Saints Row 2 and Battlefield 4 run way better under 8. :lol

I wanted to update when I got my 970, but since my pc is kinda overdue for a reformat (it's been 3 years since the last) I was thinking about doing it now.

Haven't ran to any issues. I think there were some problems in the beginning, but overall the OS is faster, prettier and even more stable.

Miguel81

I've seen more diversity in Remember Me's combat for the first hour than I did during all of Enslaved, when it comes to character abilities.

There isn't a whole lot to like in Enslaved in terms of gameplay, quite frankly. Auto-platforming that surpasses Uncharted, Nolan North Prince of Persia and Ass Creed in how blatant it is, very shallow combat, camera that constantly auto-corrects itself, repeated "stop and watch" instances so the game can spoonfeed you obvious information and so forth. Low quality textures bring down the overall art style and the story is nonsense with an ending that retroactively ruins everything before it.

Even for 5 bucks, I didn't really enjoy Enslaved. Definition of a braindead game.

Wait until you see the final boss if you thought the game already played itself.

How do you feel about PoP 2008?

Edit: Do you guys with NVIDIA cards run HDAO without problems? This HBAO and HDAO back and forth is weird, but I haven't read any complaints.

Jawmuncher

Kingdom Hearts is one of those series i'm glad I never really got into.
Beat Birth By Sleep and at most thought it was neat.

Kingdom Hearts is one of those series i'm glad I never really got into.
Beat Birth By Sleep and at most thought it was neat.

The gameplay is nothing really groundbreaking.

What I would like to see from a new KH would be more open maps, not small connected ones.

And the story is a mess. I mean it is so hard to follow and I dont get it anymore. Even after watching this GT story video of about 1 hour, I almost forgot everything.

Jawmuncher

The gameplay is nothing really groundbreaking.

What I would like to see from a new KH would be more open maps, not small connected ones.

And the story is a mess. I mean it is so hard to follow and I dont get it anymore. Even after watching this GT story video of about 1 hour, I almost forgot everything.

One of my biggest issues with it.
BBS is supposed to be a prequel and I still had no clue what was going on.
It's bad when I have to just make up a excuse for why the story is happening.

Arthea

I'm not going to lie but I'd happily play a KH game with just Donald and Goofy as the main party with Disney themed support characters. Now before yesterday I wouldn't have never thought it would be something to come to PC and more over Steam but here we are. Come on Mr Mouse, you know the right thing to do
as well as a Quack Shot sequel

I'm not a fan of series, actually, combat is too simplistic for my liking and gets old real fast, and even less I liked Disney chars in there, but I'd welcome it on steam regardless, because that's only way I'm going to buy and play KH3, most likely.
I'm not a big fan of Disney too, but that's classified information (><)

Miguel81

I wouldn't put it much higher than Enslaved. Not outright terrible, but utterly forgettable and a far cry from what the series used to be. "Pretty visuals" is the only compliment I can give it.

Having a character like Elika and the gorgeous visuals, plus the ending(pre-DLC) made the game more special than it would have been otherwise. Enslaved needs something like those to resonate with me.

One of my biggest issues with it.
BBS is supposed to be a prequel and I still had no clue what was going on.
It's bad when I have to just make up a excuse for why the story is happening.

There are also far too many characters now. Almost all the Disney characters arent really important storywise beside Mickey maybe...

But then Roxas was a nobody of Rikku, then with BBS I dont even know who this Roxas-guy there was supposed to buy.
Then seems you have Aqua again in KH3 and all this
Xehanort with his heartless ansem and his nobody Xemnas and then overtaking Terras body to become Terra-Xehanort

I never understood why you even had to introduce a new "being" after the heartless. "Oh. Everyone can have a heartless and a nobody."
I wonder if they introduce a totally new being in Kh3.

Seriously...

Miguel81

Resi 4 has terrible deadzone settings. The DS4 is perfection when tested in Dolphin, but here it's hard set. Gives me a headache after a while. Has anyone been having a similar issue?

Edit: Nevermind, I turned of Vsync via the .ini and it seems like the issue is fixed.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I seem to have wandered into a Playstation thread ... can anyone help me out and point me into the direction of the Steam thread? I'd appreciate that greatly

Dr Dogg

I'm not a fan of series, actually, combat is too simplistic for my liking and gets old real fast, and even less I liked Disney chars in there, but I'd welcome it on steam regardless, because that's only way I'm going to buy and play KH3, most likely.
I'm not a big fan of Disney too, but that's classified information (><)

I think at this point it's a bit of wishful thinking as there's no history with PC releases outside browser stuff. Still what with the Metal Gear Solid resurgence as of this year I've been tempted to go bug the Konami rep here if there is any chance we'll see the old PC ports of MGS 1 & 2. I mean I was looking at them on eBay and while 2 is in and around £5-£10 MGS can go from £15 up to £60! Having a look around, apart from being stuck with a 4:3 aspect ratio (altering it stretches the display) they aren't that much of a hassle to get running on modern systems. Konami likes money right?

I seem to have wandered into a Playstation thread ... can anyone help me out and point me into the direction of the Steam thread? I'd appreciate that greatly

Kingdom Hearts is on GBA, DS and 3DS too you know :p

Having a character like Elika and the gorgeous visuals, plus the ending(pre-DLC) made the game more special than it would have been otherwise. Enslaved needs something like those to resonate with me.
Eh, the main characters in Prince of Persia 2008 weren't particularly charismatic either. Hard-pressed to remember anything about Elika beyond the ending, which was a cop-out I found and I was far more fond of the duo in Sands of Time, despite archer-lady-in-red having nowhere near as prominent of a role as 2008's damsel in distress. Enslaved at least has Andy Serkis portraying Monkey, but he can only do so little to help salvage the laughable script.

Both games get a thumbs down from me, in other words.

I tried playing the PSP KH game, but it felt like some kind of weird Disney fanfic where the author tried to work a bunch of overly-serious original characters into some sort of melodramatic plot involving Disney villains that I really couldn't take seriously and I never ended up getting too far in it. I did like the battle system, though. That's about the extent of my exposure to KH.
Eh I guess. I mean I appreciate the different take on Disney characters but Disney has em so tight on the balls that IMO its not worth the trouble since it doesn't really gain anything from disney

Chariot

I kust want Valkyria Chronicles for PC. Have the second game for PSP and it's so much fun, despite people insisting that its a lot worse tham the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom