• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saty

Myst gets a TV show and tie-in game(s).

Classic point-and-click adventure Myst is set to return as a TV series and an accompanying tie-in game.

Myst creators Rand and Robyn Miller have signed a deal with Legendary Entertainment, the production company behind Inception and Godzilla, to develop the show.

What is known is that the show will be accompanied by various "transmedia" efforts to extend the brand - such as a new game and a separate tablet offering, all of which will tie into the ongoing series' plot.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-07-myst-to-be-reborn-as-a-tv-series-and-game-tie-in

this is very true. what i suggest to him is that he base what he does off the percentage, for instance, 3 alien copies get raffled, 3 get sold to buy something like Korra, 2 are sold for other miscellaneous games, and one gets sold/traded for a witcher 3 copy

That's brilliant. I vote that I think he should buy at least one thing for himself and then, whatever he decides goes to GAF, split it up like your idea.

Dr Dogg

Hey here's a question for you Nvidia 900's series owners out there who have a 2560x1440 or higher resolution monitor. What's the highest DSR will go to for you?

this reminded me of

https://twitter.com/sptonjohn/status/192398216518578176

lol (look at who he is)

found this when making the CM thread, but didn't post it

Hahaha. Good old Burton.

Oh wow:

I was right on the money, haha.

Studying the DB regularly had made you one with Steam it seems.

Nabs

BurtonJ is a G. He's the reason why we were able to use an FOV slider in MW3 without getting banned. Thanks IW.

Any news on Arkham Origin Complete Edition? I'm tempted to buy it cheap with some TF2 keys, but I assume all DLC will be removed from the store once the new version arrives.

Just get the base game + cold cold heart whenever they're on sale. Save yourself the grief of more bs dlc that you wont ever play.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any news on Arkham Origin Complete Edition? I'm tempted to buy it cheap with some TF2 keys, but I assume all DLC will be removed from the store once the new version arrives.

Even if the individual DLC apps were removed, they'd still be available as part of the Complete Edition sub. It wouldn't be a repeat of Asylum and City where the game and DLC were rolled into the one app.

FloatOn

don't forget a gallon of ice cream.

really sorry dude, that sucks. Hope it's for the best.

it is all good. I basically just wanted to make a joke about visual novels.

I won't discuss it further because I think I remember some kind of kerfuffle going on about something similar to this?

Anyway, the year is winding down and so much greatness is happening this month but I'm starting to get concerned about hotline miami 2. Why is there still no release date?

There is also no indication of when my other two most looked forward to indies are coming: Galak-Z and Videoball.

FloatOn

Shouldn't Galak-Z have been out by now?
Last I remember, it was "late summer early fall"

Homepage says "launch at the end of 2014"

I seem to remember hearing something similar to that as well.

I hate that there have been so many delays lately :/

Firebrand

It's not happening.
Hmm, what makes you think so? I did see the Complete version was already out on consoles in some territories, so I guess it would be kind of late.

Even if the individual DLC apps were removed, they'd still be available as part of the Complete Edition sub. It wouldn't be a repeat of Asylum and City where the game and DLC were rolled into the one app.
Well, I mean, I probably still would have to buy the entire Complete thing just to get a story DLC or two.

I don't think I ever played any of the DLC for the previous games though. Actually, I don't think I even bothered to do the post-credits Catwoman stuff in City.

JaseC

Well, I mean, I probably still would have to buy the entire Complete thing just to get a story DLC or two.

I don't think I ever played any of the DLC for the previous games though. Actually, I don't think I even bothered to do the post-credits Catwoman stuff in City.

Yeah, but at least you'd have the option, although I think Asylum/City vanilla saves were compatible with their respective GOTY versions with a little bit of tweaking. That being said, I don't see WB pulling the individual DLC apps from sale in the event of a GOTY Edition of Origins -- it'd make even less sense doing that now than back in 2010/2012 since the base app is the same.

Deitus

I like the idea of them trying to reinvigorate the Myst franchise, but I'm really not sure a "transmedia" push is the way to go. I just imagine the show is going to bomb and drag the game down with it.

Awesome, I read the book and loved it.

I read the first book, and loved it as well (granted I was 12 at the time). If that is the standard of quality they are using for the show, then that would give me hope, but I'm just skeptical with the way TV execs tend to mess things up.

madjoki

That being said, I don't see WB pulling the individual DLC apps from sale in the event of a GOTY Edition -- it'd make even less sense doing that now than back in 2010/2012 since the base app is the same.

There could always be updated versions for new consoles and PC /w DLC integrated ;)

JaseC

There could always be updated versions for new consoles and PC /w DLC integrated ;)

Sure, in theory, but it's decidedly unlikely. I feel it's something WB would have been cooking up for a few months before Arkham Knight ("Batman: The Original Trilogy" or some such), in which case there'd be rumours by now, especially considering that the PS3 got this last year.

Lain

Not bad. I'm starting to get halfway excited for this, even though I only played 1 hour of the first game and 30 minutes of the second one, with my thoughts ranging from "cool, I need to play this some more later" (which I never did yet) for the first and "this shit is so bad" for the second.

Phawx

I was going through groupees again to see if some new steam kety unlocked (enola did) and I saw in the BE MINE 2 BUNDLE that Killing Floor was added. I already owned the game and clicked on Add to Steam and it activated.

I checked the DLC and it seems the same, so I'm not altogether sure what activated.

Vlad

Wow, while I'm still not done with it, I'm extremely impressed with Hexcells Inifinite so far. I've still got three or so puzzles left to finish, but they've all been exceptionally satisfying to complete. I spent a long time staring at the beginning of 6-3, trying to figure out the very first move I could make, and even the solution to the very first move struck me in how clever it was.

Sure, I spent probably an hour just staring at an unmoving, untouched puzzle, but that "ah ha!" feeling makes it all worth it.

Well, me too, but if a price for a game increases, that game will be expansive even while 75% off.
Damn, you're right. Stupid me. Didn't think that far ahead, hah.
The game looks really cool I have to say. The aesthetics are very nice.
the poll was actually my idea. originally he was up in arms between raffling them and selling for something like Witcher or D:OS, but i mentioned other cool games people wanted, such as Korra
Great idea by you. Korra would be usually a good sale grab but all the acti-delicensing talk made me fear a bit.

Copons

So today we went to a cat shelter to pick a little sister for the cute mofo on your left, and now we're arguing about names because my girlfriend don't like "Grim Piñata".

totally related to HL/Valve/Steam

So today we went to a cat shelter to pick a little sister for the cute mofo on your left, and now we're arguing about names because my girlfriend don't like "Grim Piñata".

Saoirse.

Turfster

Seahorse.

Edit: Sorta beaten.

Phawx

Omega Destroyer

Tesseract

Banned
the black glove looks fantastic. the irrational duders freed from levine's grasp, going balls deep in surrealism and science? fuck yeah, pledged.

yuraya

Bad Rat

Looks like Amalur with party elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom